It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Weird Lights At Sakurajima Volcano in Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't know how many of you are aware of the crazy lights which are always around Sakurajima volcano in Japan. People say that the are car lights or boats, as did I.... I was convinced that they were car lights, however, now I don't think that's the case.... This volcano is quite active, especially recently, so I have been watching it more than usual. The past few days, there have been some eruptions at the base of the volcano, and these lights have been crazy....and I have watched them form from out of nowhere, go rapidly forward and backwards, and also go straight into the eruption area full of lava. I also see a pattern with these lights. They appear, then move across the base of the mountain, and almost without exception, once they reach a certain area, there is a huge bright flash of white light and/or an eruption. I think these are some form of energy. I have recorded a few videos of this....does anyone know what it is? There is no way it's car lights.....as I said, I have watched them go straight into exploding lava many times.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am not sure if what you are talking about are the lights at the bottom of the screen that appear to be moving from left to right with the occasional flare up of light close to the left side of the screen, but if so, they look to be automobile lights travelling down the road and the camera is catching a flare from when they are most directly pointed towards the lens.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The flash could be steam venting, illuminated by lights. It remains stationary so it must not be a vehicle. Maybe that was an eruption or just some thing burning fast.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hi Kat,
You know I have never disagreed with you before ever, but I will now...they are reflections off the car lights, I have seen it happen before. Nothing weird to them

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 6-3-2012 by angelchemuel because: keyboard!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I always thought they were cars too (and I'm sure most are)....but look at the video below I just caught. These always happen right around the time of an eruption. ...I have been watching all morning and they will get very big and then the whole screen fills with light. I caught this....and an eruption today. I have never seen the car lights do this....these are the ones I mean. You need to watch full screen probably.

edit on 3/6/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Still appear to be car headlights on a road at the base of the volcano to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Not car lights. I saw w/ own 2 eyes orbs fly into volcano. Earthquake lights maybe.
Watch Japan "UFOs" Live! I just saw one shoot across cam!
www.theufoinquirer.com...
Second Fireball Zooms Into Japan Volcano
New Screen Shots of Japan UFOs at Sakuraijima Volcano

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
As stated above, what you see are only headlights of car passing on the #224 road passing west to the volcano, along the coast. Surveillance camera are along the coast road in Kagoshima:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Nice pictorial on it....thanks!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hi Stealth I have seen these and I think I mentioned it in another of your threads. Not sure about other ATS'ers but there is no way I'd be driving along the base of an erupting volcano and I seriously doubt that the authorities in Japan would allow it to occur. I have seen footage from another angle (behind the volcano I think, the water wasn't visible) where a super bright light appears suddenly in a valley and intensifies to an incredible level of brightness unlike anything I could reasonably explain. And I also remember seeing a brief mention of unexplained illumination mentioned on a vulcanology website (the name of which escapes me unfortunately). The only explanation I can think of which seems plausible is some type of previously unexplained ball lightning or other static discharge. We've all seen video with volcanic lightning before, perhaps these luminous phenomena are just another form of this. It would seem to be rather arrogant to think we have seen everything this amazing planet has to show us. It took decades before pilots would admit to seeing the upper atmospheric lightning (blue jets and red sprites?) that science documented in the late 80's. S & F for a topic that I find intriguing!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think much of it is car lights, like I said. But as Silverkiss said, the lights I'm talking about look to be some type of energy, like ball lightning....they are usually followed by a huge white flash of light, sometimes whiting out the whole screen for a second. I'll try to capture that to show what I mean. It's nothing supernatural, I just thought it was an interesting natural phenomena. Sometimes when there is an eruption, the are bolts of lightning and bright flashes. I see the car lights all the time. Hopefully I will catch a good example of what I am talking about, as the video I posted isn't the best example. Also, as someone mentioned, cars would not drive directly into an eruption, like we saw yesterday. The whole base of it was coverd in smoke and fire and these lights would pop in and out of it......then huge flashes of light.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yeah, those are car lights on these videos you have on this thread. Haze and fog and moisture on the camera lens causing lens flares. You can even see the beams of the headlights in that 2nd video, looks to be turning around.

Anyway I have been searching forever for an aerial flyover view of Sakurajima. I found one! It's from 2009 but look how big the craters were back then! And you can see the road on this video.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverkiss

The one around the other side was shown to be a static light at a car park for viewing the mountain.
Also when cars come along this side of the mountain their lights reflect off the ash/cloud so looking like orbs in the view Kat is using.

The roads do not get closed, Sukurajima has been erupting like this since 2008. The Japanese are well used to their volcnoes as they are with their EQ's.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Just because some distant car lights would get picked up in a web cam, doesn't mean there aren't legitimate "UFOs". Balls of light that sit there for HOURS and then suddenly disappear and reappear, or jut into and out of the volcano - are NOT car lights.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiraciesarenttheories
Just because some distant car lights would get picked up in a web cam, doesn't mean there aren't legitimate "UFOs". Balls of light that sit there for HOURS and then suddenly disappear and reappear, or jut into and out of the volcano - are NOT car lights.

Do you have a link/video where these "ball of light" are visible?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

They are orb lights. I have seen them before with my own eyes only 10 metres in front of my car. They are very real. I dont know what they are but I got the feeling I was looking at an intelligent thing..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Don't know about the intelligent part, but I agree...the ones I am referring to are like energy, and always happen before an eruption. They are different than the car lights.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here's a link if anyone wants it 122.20.254.201... (double click the webcam to go full screen)
edit on 3/7/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thanks for that Berkley! That was an awesome view!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Yess scroll up a bit, I posted a bunch of links of screen shots I took!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join