It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another rant I suppose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I just can't take it any more!

The majority of my so called friends and family are driving me crazy!

Their stupidity and lack of common sense is unbelievable! I'm not perfect! But some people take it too far! I've often wondered about faking my death and disappearing altogether! That's how fed up I am and if I had the money and contacts I probably WOULD do it!
It's not the conspiracy side of things that are causing me to feel this way,(like the fluoride making people annoying dumb!) it's the pure ignorance of people feelings!
People don't care about others unless they're getting something out of it. I couldn't even go out for my sisters leap year birthday because I seem to have been replaced by another girl in my own family!
My family obviously don't care about me anymore! I learned from a young age that Im the odd one out. I've never really felt part of my own family but now I might as well not be!

I know a few of you are going to say 'don't you think it's a bit silly to fake your death' and 'things can't be that bad' and I do always think about the fact that there is always someone worse off than myself so stop your winging! But I really don't want to be here anymore! I can totally understand why people do fake their deaths!

I can't deny that I have attempted suicide before and don't worry I'm not gonna do that again! I just want to break free soo badly!
My life has been hell and I want a new one!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You don't have to do any faking etc. simply just move away without letting anyone know.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

Life is what you make of it

Faking your death is not only silly, but kinda pathetic to be honest. Raise your issues with the family members, chances are you are not intentionally being left out.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Running away from your problems ain't gOnna help, inside you will still feel bad.
Confront your family and friends and make it clear how you feel you will find that they do care about you and will realize it.

Cheer up! Peace and much Love sister

BTW I'm pretty much in the same situation so I feel your hurt.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

I understand how you feel. I lived away from my family for a long time and it was great. Why I ever came back still puzzles me. I too am left out of family functions or told last minute and rarley considered in any decision making. My sister lives 1/4 mile away from me and she has everyone stopping to see her and her kids on a regular basis, yet no one thinks about coming by to see my daughter.

I have also always felt like the black sheep of the family. I know it's not just me thinking this either because my wife and her family always ask about it when we are together. They see that my family treats me more as a guest than another family member. I personally don't care anymore. My wife and Daughter are what's truly important to me. Anyway you are not alone. I hope things become easier for you.

Also, faking ones death would only lead to problems I think, but moving away can be a great help. My wife and I are planning on leaving the U.S. next year and never looking back.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
ok not to be mean here but i think that people who kill themselves (for personal reasons) are cowards. you might not see it but there are people in your life who love and care about you. killing yourself or running from your problems is never the answer. sometimes you just have to play the hand your dealt (i know, cheesy line). I've found that eventually things get better no matter how bad things may get. Just be patient and be a good person and you'll find things will start looking up.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Theres always a way to get around everything and that removing yourself from it is a selfish act, leaving them behind with their problems and no hope.

One way to look at it
edit on 6-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hang in there as long as you can. When you have the means, get yourself away from them so you can evaporate the anger and frustration for a while. Then when you're feeling better, you'll be able to absorb their -whatevers- easier.

Suicide is for quitters, rock stars, and kids on antidepressants.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If i could hug you, I would - because i think thats all you need.

Sit down and talk to your family. It doesnt matter if they dont accept what your saying, just as long as they dont brush you off as a nutjob. One way to avoid that, not be so blunt and when your talking about a subject, make sure you know 100% what your going to say, mumbling and going errrm while talking about conspiracies weakens the chances of them listening.

When i was younger and found ATS - i was like OMFG you need to see this sht, FLUORIDE in water!!! ..their like "yeah but its not bad" and im like I"TS GOING TO KILL US ALLL" ALSO!I'm like "theres these families and they own the world, they have all the money and are the reason the way i am. Families OWN WORLD!..I really did sound like a nutjob tinfoilhat maniac in the making..

When talking to people who are not conscious about the real woes of the world, i make sure im informed my self so i pick subjects like NWO, Fluoride,UFO's and the probability of life and the massive probability that a secret government know they visit earth - I make sure i know what I'm talking about so that i can zap any question that comes forth. I win all these debates now, I'v woken many people up to the badness of the world through studying and patience

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If you really are the "Black Sheep" of your family. If people gravitate to and interact with others, but not with you, I think you have to ask yourself, Why is that? You must be doing something differently. You exhibit some sort of behavior that makes people not want to include you.

I don't know what that behavior is, so I'm not judging it at all. It's just that from your description it must be the case that you are doing something differently. This might be a personality issue, a lifestyle issue, a behavior issue. You have to be he one to determine what that issue is.

Once you determine what that issue is, you need to decide whether it is worth fixing. If you value being included with the family more than you do whatever behavior you exhibit that is excluding you, you need to change the behavior. If you value whatever it is that is excluding you more than being included with family, you need to accept the fact thet you cannot be included with the family.

In my view, which is a somewhat jaundiced one, in many cases if you were not related to members of your family, you wouldn't want to hang out with them anyway. If you weren't related to these family members, would you want to seek them out as friends? Making friends is often hard work. Given that "familiarity breeds contempt," being friends with family can be even harder.

The real point here is that the choice is yours to make.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I moved far away from my family when I was 21 and it has been wonderful ever since. No need to fake anything, just get up a little gumption and a few extra bucks and LEAVE.

It has been said that family are people you wouldn't choose to associate with if you weren't related to them. If your family is mean, and toxic, you can choose to cut them out of your life for your own sanity. Sure, their behavior in excluding you is painful, but you have two choices: Either wallow in that pain, or get out in the big wide world and live your life without hurtful people in it.

People who say "sit down and talk with your family" never had the kind of family in which talking rationally with them about your feelings would be akin to having all your teeth pulled without anesthesia. If yours is that kind of family, talking will only isolate you further and give them more ammunition to treat you poorly.

If you can't leave the area, but live by yourself, at least you can stop answering the phone and emails.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

She doesn't necessarily have to be doing anything wrong to be the "black sheep" of the family. I know from personal experience.

Sometimes the best way to cope is to just move on with your own life and don't worry about what others do or say or don't do or say. Don't change yourself to conform to others. Always be yourself no matter what.

Stay strong and brave and know that as an individual, just as you are, you are important and I salute you for your differences.

Bless you and love and kisses and hugs.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

easy girl! there are other options.i know somewhat of what you speak of,and my cure for my solution was just being a hermit! i don't go out often,i only see my family 1 or 2 times a year. i'm self sustained and work from home.
my only visitors are my 2 beautiful kids every 2 weeks,and my lovely girl friend with her children. (she actually gets me!) trust me , we are a rare breed,and the more you keep trying to change people,the more crazy you'll get!
move on with your own agenda, you'll be more content. plus it will help you discover yourself more with out having that 'cloud' over you making yourself feel that you have to what what your family expects.
be calm
think for yourself,not for others.
peace

top topics

join