It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General warns of Syrian bioweapons, Iran threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

General warns of Syrian bioweapons, Iran threat

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — The top U.S. commander in the Middle East will warn Congress on Tuesday against efforts to scale back the Navy's presence in the embattled region, saying threats from Iran and elsewhere will require more ships and maritime missile defense capabilities.
Marine Gen. James Mattis, head of U.S. Central Command, also said Syria has a "substantial" chemical and biological weapons capability and thousands of shoulder-launched missiles. Until now, the U.S. military has largely declined to describe the expanse of weapons that President Bashar Assad's regime has at its disposal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Are these statements aimed at the incredibly stupid? And or is that General been smoking too much weed? This is another BS story just like Iraq's WMD. Iraq was invaded on a pack of lies. Libya was invaded on a pack of lies. Syria will soon be invaded on a pack of lies. Then it will be Iran's turn to be invaded on a pack of lies!! All those Generals are either idiots or they think the public are all idiots...............Shakes Head In Disbelief...............

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Same WMD threat, no proof.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So what he is saying, in effect, is that they need to put more ships out there, to counter the possible missiles that Iran and Syria may have pointing at their already huge naval presence.

Here's an idea for the idiotic General..... Get your military hardware the hell out of other people's backyards you complete retard!

Seriously, talk about mentally challenged.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Same WMD threat, no proof.

Exactly my thoughts. A whole lot of barking but no real backup to any story!!!

But the problem is, sheeples follow this and believe all this, making the MSM look like gods and War Mongering Countries look like Saviours!

edit on 6/3/12 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Are these statements aimed at the incredibly stupid?

Yep, and you just watch the stupid people come into this thread and defend the USA

And or is that General been smoking too much weed?

Yep he probably has and i bet you its laced with some premium CIA controlled Afghani opium.

This is another BS story just like Iraq's WMD.

Yep this is another BS stories
It seems that BS stories and lies are our Governments forte

All those Generals are either idiots or they think the public are all idiots.

Correct, all those Generals ARE idiots and the majority of people that believe there lies are idiots too.

edit on 6-3-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is absolutely intolerable. In Iraq, they had a military dictator ship, ruling with an iron fist for ages, committing mass murder on a regular basis, and using, testing biological and chemical weapons on his people. These things happened during the eighties and nineties, and yet, the UK, and the US only went to war with Iraq on two occasions, and NEITHER was a pure humanitarian issue. It was fear that lead us there. Not compassion, and not a protective instinct toward the people of Iraq.

Now we have Syria, where we know the people are being murdered, right now. Rather than forming a flying wedge and driving all military forces in the region to thier knees, having the families of murdered civillians line up and kick Assad in the knackers, and generally freeing the people to live in peace, we sit on the sidelines, until someone shouts " I just bet they have WMD!" and all of a sudden theres a hushed silence? Are you kidding me?

I do not care wether they have free ice cream every day, we shouldnt be there for our own safety, but someone ought to be there for the safety of the Syrian people ! There are not enough of the Free Syrian Army to do the job of protecting the people, and the Syrian government forces do not seem to be all that fussed about doing it either. Who is there for them?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I can point you at many instances of the US (and other countries) doing exactly the same thing. Vertus Hardiman, radiation axperiment aged 5

Should we all declare war against each other now?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Considering that the US via CIA black ops has been at the heart of all of these so-called "uprisings", your post sounds like something the MSM would say. Somebody save the Syrian people! Oh my, the humanity!

If you think our government actually gives a crap about people, think about what is going on in our very own country, and how little they care for us. Look at the horrors going on in Africa, and see how our government DOESN'T CARE. Ask yourself how humanitarian our government is when you look at Operation Fast and Furious, in which high-powered automatic weapons were funneled to Mexican drug lords and used to kill hundreds of innocent people on both sides of our border, including the government's own border agents, trying to do their job and caught in the American-funded crossfire. Think our government actually cares about any people in any country? If you can still look at the facts and imagine that billions of dollars will be spent to save a few humble sand dwellers in the name of morality, I have some swampland in Florida to sell you.

Don't be naive, dear poster. Under our fascist regime, it is all about profits...profits for multinational corporations and businesses that exist strictly on war profits (such as those contracted to service our military overseas, and private "security" forces which do not have to go by Geneva Convention rules, such as "Xe", previously Blackwater). Follow the money and learn the sad, sordid truth about why wars are fought, and FOR WHOM.

It has been war for profit since 1914. No other reason. Millions dead so a few greedy bastards can be even richer.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Only because I am feeling a bit radical today... (hmmm... biorhythms maybe?) I would like to add a wrinkle.

One: Many will disagree; but I am increasingly disinclined to accept the notion of "my" government anymore. I am even suggesting that many of us should stop think of whatever government you live with being "your government."

Those people who are "our" government will not be the people sent in to kill and die. Our so-called leaders do not lead at all... they seem to rule from far atop an ivory tower. Sadly -despite Madison Avenue Public relations, Hollywood imagery and propaganda, and populist messages through the increasingly private media - "they" are not "us."

Whatever our leaders objective is, in order to avoid resistance from the populations that vastly outnumber them, they consistently create a narrative which seem all too frequently to be 'creatively crafted' to support their intent... which is almost never shared with "We, the little people."

Two: I cannot in good conscious ignore the fact that we have been made witness by our respective establishments to reports of many evil things perpetuated by people just like them... but because it is "over there" it becomes cast as evil and reprehensible. This leads me to believe that we must demand a reckoning for lies past, and verifiable assurance that this is not happening yet again.

These two factors are what makes me hesitate to offer my unwavering support for the notion of going in and forcing our will on the regional leaders in Syria. Populists will complain that such hesitation is cruel and allows for the brutalization of people. That is not the intent. the intent is to be certain that our resources, the lives of our soldiers, and the well-being of our nation are not compromised because those detached "leaders" of the world find it politically, expedient and commercially convenient to engender yet another war.

I wonder, is it their intention that we be at war forever? It sure looks that way.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Syrian bioweapons!!!??

It's as if on cue, this crap is so scripted.

ETA: Yeah, someone needs to protect the Syrian people from their evil dictator ophthalmologist.

edit on 6-3-2012 by KillerQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Marines tend have the gun-hoe attitude and want to see combat. All Marines are riflemen first and will always be the first to go to a war zone. This General is probably in charge of thousands, maybe even 10s of thousands men and his entire career wanted to lead his men in battle, the kind of attitude that a Marine Corps General should have. He probably was presented with scanty information/intelligence that Syria may have bioweapons and wants some action.

The media is running with this story because it appears to me they are trying to get the war drums beating and trying to convince the masses we need to attack Syria and then Iran. These plans have been on the books for quite some time. I do believe TPTB did not anticipate as much anti-war resistance from the American people and are getting desperate for support, which is scary to me because I fear a false flag attack maybe in their play book.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Original Poster. Please tell me you aren't in so much denial you think Syria cant have Chemical / Biological weapons such as Saddam had? The idiocy on this forum is astounding some times.

It isnt hard to get Chemical weapons or Biological which in reality are more deadly than Nukes in terms of deaths , instead of deaths per capita or economic impact - biological weapons are meant to kill and that is it , Nukes are meant to kill and destroy your infrastructure and economical system.

If you think Nukes are deadly to Israel , Bio weapons are even more so. You can shoot them down , depending on the bacteria used , wont matter - you just cause a larger area to be impacted by the agent. Only problem with bio weapons are that it could very easily come back and bite the host country in the ass along with the target.

-----

The Iranians have been working on Syria since the 70s in getting them in bed. They accomplished this in the late 80s. Iran and Syria are an equal threat to Israel and military bases. If you attack Iran , obviously you would have to deal with Syria. If the Syrian population hasnt already delt with Assad.

Iran is still the head perpetrator. I guess you havent done your home work , war with Iran is war with Syria.

People keep yelling about Iran , but do not look at Iranian allies. This is how you know who knows anything about military action , they keep yelling we invade Iran blah blah blah , Iran isnt the only that will be hit , Syria will as well.
edit on 6-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I wonder, is it their intention that we be at war forever? It sure looks that way.

"Oceania has always been at war with East Asia." from George Orwell's "1984"
edit on 6-3-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

"Marines tend have the gung ho attitude and want to see combat."
edit on 6-3-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

The Iranians have been working on Syria since the 70s in getting them in bed. They accomplished this in the late 80s. Iran and Syria are an equal threat to Israel and military bases. If you attack Iran , obviously you would have to deal with Syria. If the Syrian population hasnt already delt with Assad.

Iran is still the head perpetrator. I guess you havent done your home work , war with Iran is war with Syria.

People keep yelling about Iran , but do not look at Iranian allies. This is how you know who knows anything about military action , they keep yelling we invade Iran blah blah blah , Iran isnt the only that will be hit , Syria will as well.

I read elsewhere that Syria had agreed to let the Russians build a naval base on the Med. Another extra reason for getting rid of the present Syrian regime?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Thank you. I dont know what id do with the grammer police.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The russians are already on the coast of syria, ships anyway, not sure if the naval base is in operation yet. If they weren`t there I think the U.S Navy would already be right up close to the syrian coast-line.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by AuranVector

Thank you. I dont know what i'd do without the grammar police.

Thank you for being a good sport about it. I don't mean to be annoying. I have brain farts too.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
The russians are already on the coast of syria, ships anyway, not sure if the naval base is in operation yet. If they weren`t there I think the U.S Navy would already be right up close to the syrian coast-line.

Thanks, Ranong, for the update. I wondered if my info was current.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join