"Their God Keeps Smashing Them Into Little Grease Spots" - Mike Malloy

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Liberal radio host Mike Malloy mocks tornado storm victims -

Story and links here

“Their God … keeps smashing them into little grease spots on the pavement in Alabama, and Mississippi, and Arkansas, and Georgia, and Oklahoma,” Malloy says in his broadcast from Friday. “You know, the Bible belt, where [in a mocking voice] they ain’t gonna let no goddamned science get in the way, it says in the Bible, blah blah blah blah blah. So, according to their way of thinking, God with his omnipotent thumb reaches down here and so far tonight has smashed about 20 people into a grease spot on highway 12, or whatever the hell highway they live next to.”

Wonder if he'll apologize like Rush and Shultz have had to?

Wonder if we could gather up all these partisan media yahoos (Rush, Kieth Olbermann, Mike Malloy, Ed Schultz, Ann Coulter, Bill O'Rielly etc) and make them live in a big brother style house together in a reality tv show. We could call the show 'The Yutz House'. There could be weekly betting as to who would have their head literally pop that week. Heck .. throw in race baiter and media whore Al Sharpton just to stir the pot.

Anyways .. Mike Malloy ... that was rather insensitive of you. People are grieving. There are better ways to question where the heck God is and why he treats his 'friends' so poorly. Trashing the grieving and the hurting like that ... not good!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
TV and Radio personalities have the right to say whatever the hell they want.

All of us have the right to be offended by any of the things they say.

Can't we just leave it at that? I don't get all the madness over this stuff. This guy has the right to call people grease stains as much as Bill Maher has the right to call Sarah Palin a c##t and RL has the right to accuse a woman he doesn't know of being a prostitute.

Censorship is the only truly offensive thing in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarrasque

Sure they have a right to say what ever they want. But I also have a right to say 'you people suck' and to wish they'd all be blasted off on a rocket ship to outerspace somewhere. It would collectively raise the IQ of the planet substantially.

Calling the victims of the tornados squashed little grease spots is vile.
Sure he can say it. But it's still VILE.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Beat you to it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't disagree with you at all. I'm from Texas and I've seen the destruction tornadoes can cause first hand. I just think we should be concentrating on our own feelings instead of somebody with a microphone and a transmitter.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Good on him for saying what he thought.
The truth hurts some.
For all those that beleive in a false god/ prophet, well,,,,,,, it is gods choice to hurt you as he only want's to test you and if he doesn't kill you he only wants make you stronger

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Tarrasque

Sure they have a right to say what ever they want. But I also have a right to say 'you people suck' and to wish they'd all be blasted off on a rocket ship to outerspace somewhere. It would collectively raise the IQ of the planet substantially.

Yeah, and we should send all those that believe in a god to that same spaceship as your heads are already in the clouds, and this will not only raise the IQ of the entire planet it will also stop all these religious wars and it might remove alot of these threads that go on and defend religion.

Calling the victims of the tornados squashed little grease spots is vile.
Sure he can say it. But it's still VILE.

I agree with you on this part. I do think he was a little insensitve but he was also being honest.

edit on 6-3-2012 by WozaMeathed because: Your god just smited my arse for dissing him

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I assume ,it could have nothing to do with the fact ,that these areas are where the climatic conditions conducive to the development of tornados, happen most often?

I am a person that holds both liberal views on some things, and conservative views on others. I tend to use Common Sense in my approach to life.

I was married to someone years ago, that would be considered the most liberal person, you could meet. She had a good heart, but as with most extreme types, both liberal, and conservative, she had very, very little, common sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Although I despise the hate speech these shock jocks spew, this is fair game, IMO.

I remember hearing about God's wrath being rained on Katrina victims, bird deaths, tornadoes, etc.

Westboro Baptist Church nutters come to mind. Radical Christians love to say that acts of nature are god's wrath against the people that disagree with them, until nature hits home.

All these people are really insensitive to the victims of any of these tragedies.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

He certainly doesn't represent me.

Please don't fall into the trap of generalizing ALL liberals.

I know that there are conservatives that are saner than Rush, Hannity and their ilk, even if not by much.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed
The truth hurts some. For all those that beleive in a false god/ prophet, well,,,,,,,

You missed the entire point. This guy is entitled to his opinion about god ... that's fine ... I wonder the same thing as he does. HOWEVER .. I don't go around saying that people who died were 'smeared into little grease spots' by God. The moron doesn't even know if those people were Christians or not. And he's causing pain to those still alive and who are grieving.

There is a good way to question God .. and then there are ways that are just cruel to others.

This was just cruel. There was nothing intellectual about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Liberal radio host Mike Malloy mocks tornado storm victims -

Story and links here

“Their God … keeps smashing them into little grease spots on the pavement in Alabama, and Mississippi, and Arkansas, and Georgia, and Oklahoma,” Malloy says in his broadcast from Friday. “You know, the Bible belt, where [in a mocking voice] they ain’t gonna let no goddamned science get in the way, it says in the Bible, blah blah blah blah blah. So, according to their way of thinking, God with his omnipotent thumb reaches down here and so far tonight has smashed about 20 people into a grease spot on highway 12, or whatever the hell highway they live next to.”

Wonder if he'll apologize like Rush and Shultz have had to?

Wonder if we could gather up all these partisan media yahoos (Rush, Kieth Olbermann, Mike Malloy, Ed Schultz, Ann Coulter, Bill O'Rielly etc) and make them live in a big brother style house together in a reality tv show. We could call the show 'The Yutz House'. There could be weekly betting as to who would have their head literally pop that week. Heck .. throw in race baiter and media whore Al Sharpton just to stir the pot.

Anyways .. Mike Malloy ... that was rather insensitive of you. People are grieving. There are better ways to question where the heck God is and why he treats his 'friends' so poorly. Trashing the grieving and the hurting like that ... not good!

You have to understand that most leftist's and atheist's tend to be either psychopaths or sociopaths. Basically they are trolls. People who find delight in the emotional and or physical torment of others.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

You are not qualified to diagnose psychiatric conditions. Please don't pretend that you are.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

There are two reasons why this will not be an issue.
1. He's a liberal. They all get a pass.
2. His listeners probably number in the ten's.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever had the displeasure of reading on this site. You see, I do not believe in your god, however, I am neither a psychopath or a sociopath,and I certainly do not delight at the misfortune or misery of others.

In fact, quite the opposite is true. I respect all life, be it human, plant, or animal. I am assuming that you are a Christian, if I'm wrong please correct me. Now, if you want to see hate and intolerance then you need look no further than the closest mirror, because many (not all) of the Christians I know spew hatred and disgust for those that don't "fall into line" and worship their god.

I have read your Bible, and it seems to me that your god is an infantile egomaniac hellbent on the destruction of mankind.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
they say be carefull what you wish for
could this be the so called rapture in progress?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Huh, Mike Malloy is back on radio? Haven't heard him since Air America went off the air acouple years ago.

I do think it's a little insensitive, but I think that's alright. Rush was also insensitive, that's alright. The only difference I can spot is that Rush's hurtful talk was targeted nationally and syndicated toward a single human being. Malloy, on the other hand, is a small time player. I don't know where he's aired now - I like him in general and enjoyed a lot of his commentary on different subjects that might seem taboo tot he mainstream - but he's nowhere near the scope and size of Rush (no pun intended).

In the thread comparing Rush's comments to Maher's about Sarah Palin, I said that if a Liberal talkshow host were to say something so offensive, they could/should just as easily be boycotted (or rather the advertisers). However, I don't think that will do a lot for Mike Malloy considering his small niche.

Also, regarding his comment...it's out of context for me because I don't know to whom exactly he was referring (with Rush it was clear). For example, was he maybe referring to the comments made by that Robertson guy on the 700 Club. He made comments about Haitians selling their soul to the devil causing the earthquake and the Japanese being godless also bring Jehovah's wrath...well, it does beg a question what he has to say about this...that's what I'd be interested in.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well, never saw Rush do this:

During my program last Friday night, I commented on the potential for destruction caused by the tornadoes that were moving through the south with historic fury. First and foremost, I sincerely apologize for the inflammatory language that I used, and for the anger and pain that came as a result of my comments. Those comments, as published on various blog sites, were lifted out of context from a larger point I was making about the hypocrisy of many political leaders and commentators who refuse to acknowledge science, logic and fact in assessing disasters such as this one. That said, my language was unnecessarily harsh in light of the lives that would be lost later that evening. I have nothing but the most heartfelt sympathy for those families who were devastated by those tragic storms. I will say again I am sincerely sorry for the pain and anger my comments evoked. I made a mistake, I was wrong, and I will not let it happen again. Mike

Source

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Now Rush no matter how many posts you make to make yourself feel better it wont take away the damage you did to yourself. Take your medicne and like it =)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever had the displeasure of reading on this site. You see, I do not believe in your god, however, I am neither a psychopath or a sociopath,and I certainly do not delight at the misfortune or misery of others.

In fact, quite the opposite is true. I respect all life, be it human, plant, or animal. I am assuming that you are a Christian, if I'm wrong please correct me. Now, if you want to see hate and intolerance then you need look no further than the closest mirror, because many (not all) of the Christians I know spew hatred and disgust for those that don't "fall into line" and worship their god.

I have read your Bible, and it seems to me that your god is an infantile egomaniac hellbent on the destruction of mankind.

Thank you for proving my point.

One key element of a psychopath is the ability to lie without feeling guilt. Notice how this psychopath goes on to clamor about his her respect for life, then ends it with a passive aggressive emotional blow. Very nice.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

You are not qualified to diagnose psychiatric conditions. Please don't pretend that you are.

Second line.

Feel threatened much? I am just saying leftists are the ones who came up with and advocate the Alinsky approach, and supported the Cloward and Piven strategy. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of lefty psychopaths in the Republican party too(Neo Conservatives and Social Conservatives), and most in leadership positions tend to be either psychopaths or sociopaths regardless of what ideology they are hiding behind... But I am talking mostly about rank and file.

I think your reply is based more upon fear of being exposed then any rational "leave it to the professionals" outlook. As if my statement was so far off the mark, it would be an easy thing for you to look up and define psychopaths and sociopaths for everyone here at ats, then compare that to your average lefty.

new topics
top topics

join