It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Good People of Planet Earth...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sorry thread is predicated on a falsehood. This implies that the OP actually thinks that many peoples of the word have access to each other via internet. Many dont. Many restrictive regimes in such places as China, Iran, Syria, etc do NOT have these freedoms..... so to the OP: You are NOT connected to these people.
edit on 6-3-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
To the OP: Tell me how YOU suggest that we "free" people of the world are able to talk to Chinese, Iranians, Syrians, North Koreans etc via internet? Any ideas? How do YOU change the fundamental poilicies of those regimes to allow YOU to talk to their people freely via internet to usher in this Utopia? HOW, do you go about doing that?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just thought i would chime in since you posted to "the people of the world" when many of those people do not even have access to see what you have posted.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I ask all of you right now to Connect with your friends on the Web and pray-meditate-intend Peace in the Middle East and throughout our planet,,,our shared home.

Yep, because it is obvious that prayer is working

I am sorry to be this way, but ths is how I feel.

You seem like a nice person so I will leave it at that.

I hope it all works out in the end.

I will flag your thread just to let you know I do not have any hard feelings.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Most of my friends are too concerned about Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 or Teen Mom rather than anything of substance in this world.

Not saying all video games are "bad" or a waste, but when its what you look forward to... its pretty sad. And all reality television is just an IQ sink-hole, made to make you feel better or worse about yourself.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I was hoping this thread would tell people to boycott the corporations and actually do something to stop the world from plunging in to another world war not tell them to think about a happier place...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
When the net goes down for good...and the phones dont work...and theres no TV, Internet, radio, etc...how can the Internet be of any help?

You place mankind in the hands of electronics...just one PULSE and we're done...for years if not for good.

What are your contingency plans since your post is based on a expendible (and it wont take much to go down for good) "appliance"?

Seems to me you didnt think this thru..citing Internet for your salvation? Ill ask you too...what do you do for a living?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sadly, I think the only time the middle east will know peace is when it is quiet..and it will be quiet after most of the humans are dead.

So, not sure if I want to pray for peace...might however give out a nice vibe of tolerance and negotiation for the area

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I agree we the people should get together but I think we should start using the internet to make change! No one else is gonna make this world a better place we have to start with ourselves
Flag and Star!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I really, really, really, really, really hate to sound like a warmonger or a bloody-thirsty Republican but if we want the NWO out you HAVE to remove them. IMO, the only way to do that is to assassinate those at the top (and beyond) of the powerful nations...and ofcourse the Israeli government.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

Ditto. These people are just denying their responsabilities. "meditate, pray together, love" Sure it makes you forget things temporarily but its just cowardness. Did it change anything until now? Watch the goddamn global situation right now ffs. I dont want your #ty love, it wont change #. What is needed is action. ACTIONs. Your new age BULL wont save anyone, not even you. But i know im talking to a wall and thats fine with me. This world needs purification. Parasites are bound to disappear when their host is dying. Everything will go smoothly. Your destiny is already written. Maybe you can change the way it will happen but ultimately the end is the same. Grim future..

edit on 7-3-2012 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Suffice it to say that the times we live in require a little more attention from us earthlings then we might be used to. If spirituality helps motivate to constructive action than all is well. If it gets real bad I certainly dont mind sparing a few minutes for a prayer just in case but lets not be divided over these things while the real enemies laugh at us. Be aware of the world situation unfolding right now. Do whatever you have to do in your inner world to summon up the courage to act. Do something you sincerely feel might help. Do the best you can. Only you will judge you in the end and its ultimately you that will be disappointed most if you fail to be as much of your self as your time period requires of you. Start with prayer/intention but for the sake of Civilization of Earth dont stop there.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
To the OP: Tell me how YOU suggest that we "free" people of the world are able to talk to Chinese, Iranians, Syrians, North Koreans etc via internet? Any ideas? How do YOU change the fundamental poilicies of those regimes to allow YOU to talk to their people freely via internet to usher in this Utopia? HOW, do you go about doing that?

We are all connected in a literal sense via the Internet. We are connected to our online friends throughout the world in a virtual sense and although we may never meet, that doesn't diminish the value of our friendships.

I am connected to you, PrinceofPeace, because I am responding to your comment. I'm asking you to pray-meditate-intend peace in the middle east and throughout the world and also for you to ask your friends to do the same. It doesn't matter if we can not reach everyone, we will in time. 100th Monkey.

edit on 7-3-2012 by hurdygurdy because: Removed video

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I ask all of you right now to Connect with your friends on the Web and pray-meditate-intend Peace in the Middle East and throughout our planet,,,our shared home.

Yep, because it is obvious that prayer is working

I am sorry to be this way, but ths is how I feel.

You seem like a nice person so I will leave it at that.

I hope it all works out in the end.

I will flag your thread just to let you know I do not have any hard feelings.

Thank you for your thoughts but how do you know prayer is not working? Did you read the previous post of how a man's diligent prayer to the cosmos resulted in a miraculous recovery of his ill, pregnant wife and the birth of a healthy child?

I don't want to get into a religious battle here, either We've all been through enough of them. We need to respect whichever power works for each individual. They're all good.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
I was hoping this thread would tell people to boycott the corporations and actually do something to stop the world from plunging in to another world war not tell them to think about a happier place...

LOL. Yours is an equally valid avenue. It's just difficult when the corporations have a monopoly on everything we need for life. If we've never attempted a world wide happy place, how could we know there isn't one?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
When the net goes down for good...and the phones dont work...and theres no TV, Internet, radio, etc...how can the Internet be of any help?

You place mankind in the hands of electronics...just one PULSE and we're done...for years if not for good.

What are your contingency plans since your post is based on a expendible (and it wont take much to go down for good) "appliance"?

Seems to me you didnt think this thru..citing Internet for your salvation? Ill ask you too...what do you do for a living?

If you read my post on the first page, I tried to describe the Internet as a simulation device to teach us how to connect and become friends with people all over the world, We've done that and we've realized that race, gender, age, status, whatever,,, has little bearing on the virtual bonds we've developed with each other. The next step is to realize that we are all connected without an Internet connection. Our friendships span across the planet and we may never meet but we care for one another in a spiritual sense. Now that we're able to connect in a spiritual sense with what were once strangers in faraway lands, then it stands to reason that we should be able to connect our good intentions as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrtsxcgirl
I agree we the people should get together but I think we should start using the internet to make change! No one else is gonna make this world a better place we have to start with ourselves
Flag and Star!

Thank you!

I totally agree with you. Love yourself first, then there will be enough Love for everyone else.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Obviously, I did read your post otherwise I wouldnt have realized how onesided it was and dependant on something not dependable. So hurry up and use it...it all be gone...And thats not just my personal opinion...but a reality. Then what will you do?

You should be opinioning a way for ALL of the planet to live beyond the tech we have today....its gonna be gone. And Im not the only one here who believes that. To be blunt...you dont have many posts here yet I see, so you'll find out...

It was right here where ATS members convinced me of that.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Obviously, I did read your post otherwise I wouldnt have realized how onesided it was and dependant on something not dependable. So hurry up and use it...it all be gone...And thats not just my personal opinion...but a reality. Then what will you do?

You should be opinioning a way for ALL of the planet to live beyond the tech we have today....its gonna be gone. And Im not the only one here who believes that. To be blunt...you dont have many posts here yet I see, so you'll find out...

It was right here where ATS members convinced me of that.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

You are absolutely correct about the Internet [as we know it] becoming obsolete. I'm concerned about the effects of an X-class solar flare which will reach this planet in the next few hours. Yes, it could wipe out the power grid which will cause more problems than we could possibly imagine. I can't do anything about that.

Yes, laws may be enacted to dramatically change our ability to voice our opinions openly on the Internet

I included a video in an earlier post but in hindsight removed it because I realized I may have committed some copyright violation on this forum. It was a YouTube music video of a song by the Youngbloods called "Get Together" released in 1969 calling for peace at the height of the Vietnam War. I highly doubt the members of the band would have an issue with me posting this video without paying royalties,,,considering the state of the world right now, but it is what it is.

I agree with you that time may be of the essence here. I'm concerned about tensions in the Middle East and that many people do not have accurate information regarding the issues even though that information is widely available to them on this forum and elsewhere. Many people will believe what is spoon fed to them. I can't do anything about that.

What I can do is encourage those good people who believe positive intention creates reality to approach one another and intend peace together. They, like myself, believe it's possible and it certainly can't hurt to try.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Thanks HG very much. I certainly agree with you on a very well put response. Time is almost gone now and we've made little attempt to learn to live without electronics. The young and dependent will crash and burn without knowing what to do, how to do it, and where to find "answers" when all is gone.

Its a tough thought to realize these "Net-dependent" folks will retort during the loss..."OMG! Facebook is DOWN! Anyone else?" ...Hello? Hell-o?

And yet this is our future...left to the ones who cannot live without that which is really just temporary. The "REAL" world now is Wikipedia, YouTube, Facebook and Amazon.com...when they are gone....Lord help us.

As mentioned above...as a 1960's Rock musician, I am very familiar with Jesse Youngblood's song...and that anthem fits today as well.

It shouldve worked for us in the 60's...and for a while? It did.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join