It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military training at it's best??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Check this out...
cnn.netscape.cnn.com.../cp/news/top/i/mcdonalds200.jpg&floc=FF-APO-1120&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040920%2F1645922370.htm&sc =1120

It's sad to see this is the Military training our tax dollars pay for....They should do time in Leavenworth for being Stupid.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I can see kids doing something stupid like this, without thinking, *remembers own childhood and flaming bags of doodoo* but these are adults, in the millitary no less. They knew enough to make this concoction but not enough to know what the chemicals could do? I'm not buying that.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Exactly, they are Adults, and could have caused some Serious bodily harm...
And all this just over a damn milk shake.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Adults do stupid things all the time. It's everywhere.

I only agree that these stupid adults should be expelled from the military.

I bet the one brother is in the 82nd Airborne. They're pretty stupid. They jump out of airplanes all the time anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
HAHA this is hilarious.
Cmon guys you've never made a bomb like this in your backyard? If you hold it in your hand just have a hose ready. It's harmless. Expelled from the military? I think not.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A couple of years ago I would have agreed, verfed, as I was an infantryman, and I was drinking to excess on a regular basis. I've done my fair share of stupid things. But these knuckleheads got caught. They were stupid, which is the underlying theme here. Kick them out for being stupid. We've all seen what stupid things the soldiers are doing on the job, and we don't need any more of that...

Anyway, lately I have a very succinct and deviant view of how I'd like the military to be, and these people don't meet my standards. I'll never run the military, but I can dream.

::

and oh yeah, it's they're probably not going to be kicked out of the military. They're too hard up for pulses right now, thank you very much, Mr. Bush.

[edit on 20-9-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
HAHA this is hilarious.
Cmon guys you've never made a bomb like this in your backyard? If you hold it in your hand just have a hose ready. It's harmless. Expelled from the military? I think not.

Yeah, i have plenty experience in Bomb making, and it can be fun, but i don't set them to go off in a public place ( especially one where there's usually alot of children present)... And any kind of Caustic drain cleaner can cause blindness if if gets in your eyes..

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
must've been one hell of a bad shake.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Good one.

Actually, the whole thing reminds me of my little brother. He's 18.

About a month ago, he got so pissed at something that he punched his steering wheel, so his horn got stuck. So to unstick the horn, he completely destroyed the front of the steering wheel and ripped out the wires to the horn. Then he was so pissed about that, that he punched his windshield and broke it.

About 20 minutes later, he got pulled over for bad tags. Now he has to fix his horn and his windshield to get his car re-registered. And pay the ticket...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Good one.

About a month ago, he got so pissed at something that he punched his steering wheel, so his horn got stuck. So to unstick the horn, he completely destroyed the front of the steering wheel and ripped out the wires to the horn. Then he was so pissed about that, that he punched his windshield and broke it.

About 20 minutes later, he got pulled over for bad tags. Now he has to fix his horn and his windshield to get his car re-registered. And pay the ticket...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Good one.

Sounds like someone needs Anger Management classes...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think the fact that 2 of these people were in the military is irrelevant to the case at hand. These sorts of "bombs" are the same ones thirteen year old boys are making in their backyards as we speak. Heck, in a fit of boredom a group of us at work the other day, all nurses and including 2 surgeons made dry ice bombs with water and dry ice in the shipping/receiving area of the medical facility I work at. SO? Does it matter that we were nurses and doctors? My point being that this is not military based training that allowed them to do this, but I felt as the article alluded that to the fact that it was. Guys in the military, such as I was during active duty/still am as a reservist still have an extra chromosome that tells us to do stupid things. It's a guy thing, not a military thing.

P.S. Casualties of dry ice bombs: 3 shipping boxes, 3 soda bottles, one clock, one bag of popcorn.
Sex of all involved: Male

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Tripnastic]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Right, good point, Tripnastic...

The bomb these kids made were definitely not learned in the service. When the military teaches you to make a bomb, you know how to make a BOMB!

Although I will never forget making bunnies and squirrels out of C4 and blowing them up...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Although I will never forget making bunnies and squirrels out of C4 and blowing them up...

DC, I thought you sounded familliar.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah I remember in Marine boot camp where they taught us how to make soda bottle bombs out of toilet cleanser and aluminum foil in case we run out of hand grenades.

NOT!

Big deal, 19-year-old and 20-year-old perform world's oldest gag in a restaraunt where they got cruddy service. No one injured. Big whoop.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

DC, I thought you sounded familliar.

Dude, we had that entire movie memorized at one point! Soldiers can be so stupid...

top topics

join