It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Little bigs and the big bad wolf.........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This was an ad for the guardian newspaper. It is supposed to demostrate how they cover stories and the investigations they carry out.

I just found the ad very funny on so many levels. Its hard not to smile when the 'police' arre kicking in the door of the suspect.

However, then it goes on to show the full truth of the story. Interesting how it then ends with the 'stupid' public backing the guilty pigs and more interestingly blaming the banks for his actions. seems like the guardian is having a dig at the uneducated masses

is this an add that is indirectely telling us the media and the police are right and the masses are stupid and ignorant and living in pig styes? telling the people they are the pigs here.

The wolf is the banker and he is INNOCENT.

edit on 6-3-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

ya thats a pretty mucked up ad! i don't get to watch much tv,and if this is whats playing ,well, im a happy fellow!
i do fine with no tv!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
this has to be one of the best ad's i have ever seen. is it just me or did the 'journalists' actually changed their stance on it half way? interesting ad non the less, i am still a bit puzzled over the climax when they switch to the guardian text.
star for you

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by coirener
this has to be one of the best ad's i have ever seen. is it just me or did the 'journalists' actually changed their stance on it half way? interesting ad non the less, i am still a bit puzzled over the climax when they switch to the guardian text.
star for you

yes they change their stance half way to demostrate that they will always get to the truth. the media are so honest.

however i just think it is indirectly telling us we are nothing more than greedy pigs and we are blaming the wolf for our austerity now.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Im so glad sombody posted this ...

Anyway i was very confused and remeber thinking what is this advert for.

i dont really know what to make of it.

i paused and saw the sign "stop coroporate greed" which is one thing that really grinds my gears as peter griffin would say.

i saw a picture the other day showing the pope saying "pray for the starving children whilst i hold this gold cross"
and i couldnt agree more

i dont think i could live with myself if i had stupid amounts of money and there are starving children in the world.

i wish i won the lottery because i would show the world how not to be greedy.

edit: sry perhaps gone a little off topic there.

edit on 6-3-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by coirener
star for you

yes they change their stance half way to demostrate that they will always get to the truth. the media are so honest.

however i just think it is indirectly telling us we are nothing more than greedy pigs and we are blaming the wolf for our austerity now.

ahh..so that's the secret message, but to be honest did they really get the truth? I would think otherwise, I think they took the truth(the guy on the phone) and spined it to fit their own agenda so to speak. I know all media can be somewhat biased but the state owned ones and the ones that classify as 'western media' are more pro propaganda and anti everything that is not west.

thanks for your explanation.

top topics

join