It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: Iran has proved it is ready for nuclear talks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Russia now seems to be jumping on the "let's talk about it first" bandwagon !

Probably good news unless it's part of an attack setup (but I doubt that).

Russia is urging world powers to negotiate.

By REUTERS
03/06/2012 13:10 -- JPost Article

MOSCOW - Russia urged global powers on Tuesday to hold new talks with Iran on its nuclear program as soon as possible, saying Tehran had proved it was ready for serious negotiations.

The remarks suggest Russia is more eager than Western nations to agree to an Iranian offer to resume nuclear negotiations with the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China which have been frozen for over a year.

"I would like to underscore Russia's interest in the Iranian side and the 'group of six' reaching agreement on a date and site for the resumption of the negotiations process as quickly as possible," Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said.

Moscow urges global powers to engage Islamic Republic in negotiations despite fears that Tehran is continuing activities geared toward developing nuclear weapons.

Russia seems to be convinced that Iran is "serious"

Is Iran really "Serious" ??

edit on Mar-06-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I fail to see how Russia can be convinced. Iran is getting a little repetitive if you ask me. They will let the inspectors into the country, but as soon as they ask to inspect somewhere that may be used to make weapons they are told no. Then a month or so later Iran will say "Oh, you wanted to see there? My bad. Come on in." Which will have given them ample time to move/hide stuff.

I am in no means advocating that Iran should be attacked, but if any one seriously thinks Iran is being open and honest here needs to give their head a shake.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The problem is that, with the Russian and Chinese veto power, the US, UK and other slavering warmongers know they are unlikely to get any UN approval for any military action. Hence all the military build up and sabre rattling, trying to goad Iran into reacting, as well as all the crazy propaganda stories flooding the press.

Talks and diplomacy are NOT the goal and have never been "on the table" at all. How can the US, UK etc even say they have tried diplomacy when they refuse to even deal directly with Iranian dilpomats or the government, instead using intermediaries?

No, the bottom line is that they want war and will do anything they can to make it happen. For anyone paying attention, this has always been goal in plain sight and nothing has been done to show any attempt at dialogue so far.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm not sure how Iran has proven that it's ready for serious negotiations, but they've proven too many times that they're ready for talks, because that's all they do and that's all they'll ever do.

As for Russia, they have to know that Syria and Iran are making them look like a bunch of fools. Their efforts in trying to reign in either one are going to prove pointless. That's the only thing that's really going to be proven.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I saw a guy on TV the other day who used to work for the IAEA.
He stated that what is never mentioned is the fact that under the agreements signed the IAEA is legally entitled to carry out inspections. Iran HAS refused entry to some sites but they arent doing anything wrong as the agreement does not include the sites in question. They are excercising their rights and are perfectly legal to be doing so.
This is never ever mentioned, all we hear is that Iran is refusing to allow inspectors into facilities.
I will try to find a clip of the guy in question.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

You are correct from the standpoint that Iran's Parchin Military Complex and Tehran's Research Reactor are not in the agreement of sites that the IAEA is allowed to inspect.

In the meanwhile, Iran's not answering questions and providing documents that the IAEA is asking for either.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Iran is stalling.

Do not trust Iran, U.S.A., Russia, or Israel they all have their own agenda. They are all lying you will see soon enough.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

Correct, but how many times do see that little piece of information mentioned?

The inspectors visit based on an agreed agenda and timeline, they do not just turn up and demand to visit facilities NOT on that agreed list. To do so they must apply through the proper channels stating why they want to visit, and they better have a good reason. It's like me turning up as a taxpayer and demanding to have a wander round the nearest airbase, to make sure my tax money is not being squandered or misspent!

Of course, when the inspectors do visit those sites, and find nothing, the usual suspects bleat that thr Iranians have moved stuff, then find another base to allege hidden work is being carried out... and on and on it goes, all the while going nowhere, proving nothing, but gives the warmongers something to beat off over!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I think Iran IS serious about opening up dialogue concerning its nuclear ambitions

For starters, Bravo russia for standing up and telling us westerners to shut the F### up for a minute and listen to Iran for a change instead of trying to dictate their demands to Iran.
Secondly i find it disgusting that the other nations (including russia)that are callng for these nuclear inspections are the same countries that hold the the majority of nuclear weapons on this planet.
This is hyprocracy at its best and worst.
I agree that every nation that holds and develope's nuclear energy or weapons needs to be inspected but i hate how the US/ Russia/ China/ uk / France ect,ect are calling for nuclear inspections in IRAN, but America/ Russia /UK ect refuses to allow the same inspectors into their top secret nuclear facilities.

I feel that no country on this planet should hold and house nuclear energy or weapons, but i do feel that if one country has and holds the power then other countries should have the same right too.

So as long as the USA / Russia/ China/ UK/ France, ect, ect keep denying nuclear inspectors into their secret facilities , Iran should be allowed to do the same.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Quite frankly, unless Iran allows unfettered access by the IAEA to go anywhere it want's to investigate claims, then further "talks" are meaningless. Iran blocks the IAEA from sites, why? Then they say ok after having time to clean up said site. Is anyone fooled by the "rope a dope" delays that Iran continually does? They are trying to milk out a further 6-8 months workof "talks" till they have what they desire.

Honestly, does anyone here still doubt that Iran has military ambitions for it's nuclear program? Does anyone think that the hardliners in Iran will give up those ambitions and dismantle that program like they did in South Africa?

Don't be naive. There are only two ways this ends.........both of them not pretty.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Cause runnian hacks have intercepted top secret coms regarding what is said between US and Isreal. And right now they are #ting there pants.

WHY.

Cause it is going down in APRIL.

APRIL 11 I suspect.

We shall see. won't we.....

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Of course, when the inspectors do visit those sites, and find nothing, the usual suspects bleat that thr Iranians have moved stuff, then find another base to allege hidden work is being carried out... and on and on it goes, all the while going nowhere, proving nothing, but gives the warmongers something to beat off over!
reply to post by Britguy

If Iran has nothing to hide why don't they provide total access to the inspectors? They saw what happened to Iraq the same thing will happen in Iran if they refuse to comply.
I am not saying it's right or wrong I'm just stating the obvious.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I predict April 9th, right after Easter.

Place your bets........

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

Quite simply, the IAEA inspectors, under their mandate, are not allowed to just turn up and demand access to sensitive military bases. Same goes for any other NPT signatory. Refusal to allow them to visit is not a sign of clandestine activity, but simply adhering to protocol.
When you consider the possibility that someone at the IAEA is also responsible for passing on details of those involved in Iran's nuclear studies, to those who have carried out the killings, then it makes sense to be cautious.

In short, Iran has fulfilled it's obligations to the NPT, despite all the propaganda we are being fed by the MSM and politicians, when one looks at the terms of the agreement and the protocols laid down.

This is like your neighbour demanding the police search your home because they allege you are up to something illegal, and expecting them to do so without due cause or a warrant. To go ahead and do so would be illegal under the law, and this issue with Iranian inspections really is not much different.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoNameBrand
I fail to see how Russia can be convinced. Iran is getting a little repetitive if you ask me. They will let the inspectors into the country, but as soon as they ask to inspect somewhere that may be used to make weapons they are told no. Then a month or so later Iran will say "Oh, you wanted to see there? My bad. Come on in." Which will have given them ample time to move/hide stuff.

I am in no means advocating that Iran should be attacked, but if any one seriously thinks Iran is being open and honest here needs to give their head a shake.

I dont think Iran should be made to open all its military installations. Because it will undermined their defencive military capabilities at present time and future. IAEA is not bound by any restrictions when it comes to reporting Iran's military secrets to the US or Israel. So i understand why they wont let the IAEA see everything.

Iran must be allowed to be able to protect their defencive measures and their military scientists. If not covert operations might take them out. Iran does have a obligation to protect its people.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by stewiegriffin

This is like your neighbour demanding the police search your home because they allege you are up to something illegal, and expecting them to do so without due cause or a warrant. To go ahead and do so would be illegal under the law, and this issue with Iranian inspections really is not much different.

Except, that your neighbour (Iran), was actually found to be hiding things, ie it's clandestine nuclear program, and admitted as much. It's not like the Iranians have a spotless record when it comes to disclosing things about it's nuclear program.Quite the opposite, actually. They only disclose things once they have been discovered. They still haven't adequetly answered the IAEA quetions about military aspects of the program. They have researched warhead technology that can ONLY be for the detonation of a nuclear device. Tell me what else that research could have been for?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin

reply to post by Britguy

Gday Stewie,

If Iran has nothing to hide why don't they provide total access to the inspectors?

Maybe they dont have anything to hide and they just dont want spies walking through their top secret facilities, and WHY should they allow these inspectors into their nuclear facilities anyway when other countries on this planet dont allow these same inspectors into their nuclear facilities.

They saw what happened to Iraq the same thing will happen in Iran if they refuse to comply.

Yeah, and we saw how the USA lied and that there were NO WMD's in Iraq and we also see the countless innocent civilian deaths caused by the USA and Allied force's over a lie.
So you Do you think its ok to blow up a country just because you think that they MAY be making nuclear weapons, and that they wont allow you to walk around their top secret facilities, well thats disgusting.

I am not saying it's right or wrong I'm just stating the obvious.

Yeah and im gunna state the Obvious too, USA Lied about Iraq's nuclear capabilites and now the USA is Lying about Irans capabilatie's.

edit on 6-3-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too for anyone interested in reviewing outstanding issues with Iran.

Latest IAEA Report dated February 24, 2012:

image.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

I agree that the U.S.,Israel and who knows what other nations have alterior motives.

What I'm saying is if Iran fully complies with IAEA inspectors it would take that argument away from the U.S. and Israel. They , Iran, could go before the UN and say we allowed your inspectors in and gave them full access to all of our military facilities and they didn't find anything.

It seems like a simple solution for Iran.

Iran hasn't and won't allow total access and that is why I maintain that Iran is hiding something. I don't know if it's nuclear, chemical or biological but it's a weapon they don't want the rest of the world knowing they possess. We can not allow a country who is known to support terrorists have any wmds.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

THANKS!

Good information I need to read this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join