It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CAROLINAS: entire Neighborhoods reporting Booms & Houses Shaking for weeks, months on end now..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

what could it be?

seems some are pointing at military operations, but military overall denies (no surprise there).

other theories involve huvvering crafts, and even 'UFOs exploding', yada yada..

edit on 6-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
oh, see the comments below the 2nd video for a consensus of how many Carolinas and area folk are still reporting strange phenomena even in the past day/hours...

is it just 2012 phenomena/fear?

or something more sinister/covert going down??

www.youtube.com...

edit on 6-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You're right, for the past couple of hours it's sounded like a humming noise, going in and out, then some mechanical, so I got up to look and nothing was there. Dog is even going nuts and he won't go outside. Thought I was going crazy, but I guess not. Definitely a weird noise.

S+F

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
thanks MH, 1st hand accounts are always most awesome

Pink Sapphire on YT did an awesome review/update on this...

seems wayyy more than just 2012 mass hysteria. they do need to get more of it on their smartphones and YT though!

for the rest of the east coast or US to see at least..

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I'm going to S.C today. wonder if its heard there? that would awesome to hear in person, now I have to see if family will have a recorder to use lol

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Lots of strange noises seem to be being heard in recent months. I found this one last week from the other side of the pond.

www.irishexaminer.com...

Despairing residents in a remote Kerry parish have told how their lives have been made a living hell by a mystery humming noise that is disrupting their sleep and causing chaos every day.

They are pleading with the Government to investigate the source of the constant, pulsating, low-frequency noise that cannot be traced despite repeated efforts.

Frustrated locals in a rural part of Beaufort, 15km from Killarney, have been hearing the bizarre noise since early last year but cannot find what is causing it.

Resident Barry Lynch said: "The first time we heard it was in Apr 2011 and it has been there 24/7 since then. We are nearly gone out of our minds because we can’t get a decent night of sleep and it’s there all day, every day.

Edit to add.... My brother lives in Charlotte NC, but I don't know if any of these sounds are being heard that far inland or whether it's just more coastal areas. I'll have to ask him.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
You know what's funny, I always chalk it up to the military doing some kind of drill and there they say they had nothing to do with it. So where are the booms coming from then if they are not doing it and the seismologists can't pick it up? Totally weird.

The booms and the house shakes, I feel them here and they have been getting louder and it has been going on sometimes on a weekly basis.

Would be nice to know from what and where.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

what, whom was that on the YouTube link

it sounded very unprofessional, unpolished...was this a student pirate radio station
that made a YT vid to augment the campus broadcast or something?

if that be the case, i hope them well in getting more polished in the delivery, inflections, etc

this neighborhood Latitude:N 33° 43' 38.6733" Longitude:W 78° 50' 53.3596" had a lot of shaking & thudding last week as MasterCare cut down 6 tall pines in 12' sections & dropped them from 50' up & descending, over a period of 2 working days
edit on 6-3-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

And, down the street a mile or so, they are driving 40' treated pilings into the sand for building foundations
2 separated locals but close enough that adjoining residents would confuse themselves about the cause of unexpected thuds, booms, shaking that they did not see going on in their eyesight but several neighborhoods distant
edit on 6-3-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
So where are the booms coming from then if they are not doing it and the seismologists can't pick it up? Totally weird.

Well I have a theory that because of higher levels of contaminants in the atmosphere, it might be possible that average air density has increased to the point that atmospheric sounds can be louder and propagate further. And chances are it is something of that nature, i.e., planes, distant thunder, even new possible amplifications of things that never existed before. Especially when seismometers aren't picking them up. That implies that the events are localized, and not of seismic origin.

And the house shaking may be occurring, because low frequency content in these sounds is just enough to excite resonance modes in some houses that respond to those frequencies. Who knows, maybe it's just a few houses shaking, that just happened to sympathize with a resonance, and not huge buildings, which would require much lower frequencies and the power of a seismic event to shake instead. But big buildings aren't shaking too, are they?

Both lack of seismometer register and that point infer something else. Something more local. Or something more atmospheric.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I don't know, but when you hear and feel the boom, it rocks you. The other day even my niece jumped. She was screaming like the sky was falling. She ran inside and wouldn't go out again for the rest of the day. "What was that? What was that? We under attack? and I'm like "No, just the base doing their daily drill". It's nothing new here because you practically hear it everyday. But to her it was a new sound.

Hope they figure out what it is. I'm interested to know. If it's shaking my house, I would think it has to be shaking other buildings as well.

That humming noise seems to be a low frequency, because you barely hear it, but you can hear it. been going on all night.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm in the lower part of South Carolina. I recall hearing these chilling booms when I was about 8 years old, they would scare me to death. I had not heard them since until about a week ago. I was in a very noisy gas station and felt the ground move, no lie. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and the cashier looked at me surprised as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The government knows, I'm sure. But if they told the masses, can you imagine the mass panic across the globe?

I think the solar threads here on ATS and the sounds are linked.

Hold on folks, (snip) is about to get real.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"The mysterious booms are back, and now seem stronger than ever"

Neighborhoods say they have been hearing the booms and felt houses shaking every week, for months now.
edit on 21-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join