It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran will allow nuclear monitors into Parchin military complex

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

Sounds like you'd be interested in heading over to this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You do or don't know that Iran has ALWAYS referred to the U.S. as the "Great Satan" and Israel as the "Little Satan"? Netanyahu is trying to get through to Obama that he needs to brush up on Iran's religious beliefs to understand where he's coming from.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ha ha!

Well played Iran.

Lets see how Israel justify their war now.
edit on 6-3-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here's what Iran has to say:

english.farsnews.com...

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran's Representative Office at the International Atomic Energy Agency announced on Tuesday that the country will be ready to provide the UN nuclear agency with one-time access to its Parchin military test facility once modalities of Iran-IAEA cooperation have been agreed on, reminding that the facility is a highly sensitive military site already visited by inspectors twice.

But, explicit statements later made on the issue by the Iranian Ambassador to the IAEA and the language of the new IAEA report indicate that Iran did not reject an IAEA visit to the base per se but was only refusing access as long as no agreement had been reached with the IAEA governing the modalities of cooperation.

Based on the history of Iranian negotiations with the IAEA and its agreement to allow two separate IAEA visits to Parchin in 2005, the Parchin access issue is a bargaining chip that Iran is using to get the IAEA to moderate its demands on Iran in forging an agreement on how to resolve the years-long IAEA investigation into Iran's nuclear issue.

So, what is the definition of "modalities"?

In the Russia Today interview on February 27, which was completely ignored by the western news media, Soltaniyeh referred to two IAEA inspection visits to Parchin in January and November 2005 and said Iran needs to have "assurances" that it would not "repeat the same bitter experience, when they just come and ask for the access." There should be a "modality" and a "frame of reference, of what exactly they are looking for, they have to provide the documents and specify exactly where they want (to go)," he said.

But here's what Iran really wants...

But Soltaniyeh also indicated that such an inspection visit is conditional on agreement about the broader framework for cooperation on clearing up suspicions of a past nuclear weapons program. "In principle we have already accepted that when this text is concluded we will take these steps," Soltaniyeh said.

Based on past articles and reports I've read, it is clear that Iran wants the IAEA to consider and put in writing that ALL OUTSTANDING PAST ISSUES ARE CLOSED before they will move forward.

So, I wouldn't get my hopes up that Iran is actually going to allow an inspection of this site at all.

Once again, Iran makes headlines stating that it's offering an olive branch, but gives vague details on the preconditions for doing so.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
For those interested in reading the latest IAEA Report dated February 24, 2012 giving specifics on Iran's nuclear sites and the outstanding information that they are looking for, you can find it here:

Latest IAEA REPORT dated FEBRUARY 24, 2012:

image.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Isn't it interesting that shills like "xcathdra" are staying away from threads like this?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Frankly it is a bloody waste of time to send in the UN team. When they get home they would be debriefed and the US and Israel will still want more answers. Just send in the US and Israeli team and be finished with it. They know what to look for, where to look and the questions to ask. Its humiliating for a sovereign country to have to bow down to other countries demand. Wonder if they'll let others check up on their nuclear arsenals to see how many you've got. Of course...it only works one way.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by slanteye
reply to post by TheGreatest

Frankly it is a bloody waste of time to send in the UN team. When they get home they would be debriefed and the US and Israel will still want more answers. Just send in the US and Israeli team and be finished with it. They know what to look for, where to look and the questions to ask. Its humiliating for a sovereign country to have to bow down to other countries demand. Wonder if they'll let others check up on their nuclear arsenals to see how many you've got. Of course...it only works one way.

In my opinion it's also a way for an Invading force to justify their actions, so when people are being mowed down they can come on TV and say "Well we did try diplomacy but had no luck".

However, it is a two way street, Iran really needs to start co-operating and stop breaking international treaties.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Lol , that is like telling my mother , who wants into my room , wait a minute I am on the phone (while of course .. watching something i shouldnt have been). Then letting her in .... i mean what is that going to accomplish?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join