It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous: Message to the NSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Thought this deserved its own thread, as there's been quite a few rumours that the account on youtube named 'TheAnonMessage' that made the Operation V video and the message to AIPAC could be a false flag op.

Well this is from the same account, and I think it removes a lot of doubt about their motives. Although it's obviously not impossible there's something dodgy going on I don't really see it any more.

Also think the message put across here is important and wanted to share it here so more could see it and maybe have some doubt removed as to the motives of the person/people behind that youtube account. It's also worth keeping in mind what's said here when the governments, agencies, etc, start going on about Anonymous being 'terrorists', and accusing them of so many things.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Interesting. Is this anon message linked to THIS?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Nope, I think agencies in the USA had been fearmongering about anons taking down the power grid, so the video linked in the first post was their response.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Good for anon to clear that up...so many of my not in-the-know friends/relatives were worrying about this "terrorist group" called Anonymous...they were saying all sorts of ludicrous things like they planned to take out power/water grids...its just insanity.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
personally i havent seen any real dramatic or major problems caused by anon..i watch all there videos an wait, most of the stuff they do is easily fixed..imo just another boogeyman to blame in the eventual complete cencorship of the internets..

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Nope, I think agencies in the USA had been fearmongering about anons taking down the power grid, so the video linked in the first post was their response.

They can't take down the power grid....c'mon. Have they ever done anything beyond linking top secret emails?

No way could anon take down the grid......guaranteed.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

They can't take down the power grid....c'mon. Have they ever done anything beyond linking top secret emails?

No way could anon take down the grid......guaranteed.

I think what they were trying to say is that the NSA is making it appear that anonymous would have intentions to shut down the power grid. They (the NSA) actually made a statement about this being a possibility.

Anonymous "could" take down a power grid with enough resources, as nothing is impossible, vulnerabilities exist in all kinds of software, and knowing how power companies work they most likely have their systems hooked upto the entire internet (huge facepalm), as did that power company who dealt with hydro-electric power systems and they had the control system hooked upto the internet and a security researcher found a major flaw allowing them to gain access (forgot the name, was several articles last year).

But the point here (and the point of the video) is that why would anonymous do something that goes against it's cause. It's just like the "op facebook", and "op global blackout". These kinds of things about shutting off the entire internet or shutting off facebook goes against anonymous cause as it would be an effective hadn towards censorship.

They are just stating they wouldn't do it, even if they could. The NSA is just having a jolly time making anonymous to appear as terrorists via fearmongering.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
To date no hacker or hacker group has ever hacked into some part of some government network or database and got out any relevant, substantial data, like photos/documents etc on topics pertaining to UFOs, ETs, black projects, time travel or other.

These fantasy groups are superficial, nonsensical, unemployed, total waste-of-time crap.

Even GM failed to disseminate anything incriminating before he got caught.

Everytime you hear of these hackers, they're getting into vandalism that doesn't benefit anybody. It's only a matter of time when they will be caught and spanked hard!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakup725
To date no hacker or hacker group has ever hacked into some part of some government network or database and got out any relevant, substantial data, like photos/documents etc on topics pertaining to UFOs, ETs, black projects, time travel or other.

These fantasy groups are superficial, nonsensical, unemployed, total waste-of-time crap.

Everytime you hear of these hackers, they're getting into vandalism that doesn't benefit anybody. It's only a matter of time when they will be caught and spanked hard!

QFT.

Most of what Anon is doing is just shenanigans. Maybe its because I haven't been around a lot, but who/what was GM? If there's a thread or article somewhere it'd be appreciated...I'm not familiar with your context.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Just found what it was referring to :

Computer hackers could have the ability to take down the entire U.S. electrical grid within the next two years, the head of the National Security Agency has warned.

General Keith Alexander expects the 'hacktivist' group Anonymous to be able to bring about a limited national power outage through a cyber attack. He has relayed his concerns over the growing threat during a White House meeting last week, reports the Wall Street Journal.

From here : Hacking group Anonymous could shut down the entire U.S. power grid, head of national security warns

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holodomor

Originally posted by bakup725

QFT.

Most of what Anon is doing is just shenanigans. Maybe its because I haven't been around a lot, but who/what was GM? If there's a thread or article somewhere it'd be appreciated...I'm not familiar with your context.

Hi, for GM I had meant Garry Mckinnon. en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join