It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandma's sign to me beyond the grave?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
When my grandmother died, I was 12. Her and I were never close until a couple days before she passed. We saw each other, but never spoke to one another. I thought she hated me and she believed I despised her. We did not have any proof on why we would dislike each other, that was just the way it seemed.

Days before her soul exited her body, the family and I were stationed in the hospice lobby awaiting for what was undoubtedly to come. At the end of her life, those last couple days, Grammy and I became best friends, inseparable. I could not leave her side. We talked like we never missed a beat. Days before that, Grandma told me that she wanted to be reincarnated as a bird.

Anyway, two days before her death, she became comatose and unresponsive
...The final early morning, about 10 hours before she passed, my uncle and I were sitting bedside watching over her because we could not sleep. All of a sudden, her eyes opened and she slowly turned her head, looking right at me and disregarding her own son. What was to come is chilling and could never be forgotten.

"Danny, help me" she spoke out softly. "Grandma, I cant, I don't know what to do", I responded. After my reply, her eyes closed right away and back to a comatose state she slept peacefully until her body gave up. Later on, that day I was again by Grammies side by myself as the other members of the Titus family were in the hospice waiting area just waiting this thing out. Out of nowhere came the fatal gasping for breath. Even at the age of 12, I knew this was it. Her time was now...

I ran as fast as i could out of her room and yelled to the family, "Grandma's on her last breath." We all sat beside her and witnessed this unfortunate event that only took a minute after we collected into grandmas room. She passed away.

I could never forget this, I am 24 now, going on 25 and this still haunts me to this day. From the last words to watching her final breath. It's chilling and a real sad thing for me to have witnessed. The harsh part is that I had to see the whole thing two days before hand with my grandfather. He too, passed away in the same hospital. At the age of 12, within those two short days I literally watched both my grandparents pass before my eyes.

The oddness and coincidence didn't end there tho. The day after she died, my family couldn't afford a real service for her that she deserved. Basically, we just said our goodbye's at the morgue and waited outside as she was cremated. The kicker is, do you remember me saying how after she passed, grandma wanted to be a bird???

This is what happened...Outside, i stood pacing and walking around in circles as her body inside was getting turned to ash. The craziest thing ever occurred as this process took place. For the 1st and ONLY time in my life on this planet, a bird flew right over me and pooped on my head. Could be a coincidence or maybe the darnedest thing. Maybe this was Grandma's way of saying "Hey Danny, I am alright, at peace, and I am always here watching over you." To me, she got her wish. She was soaring and became the bird she wanted to be.

As we fast forward, 9 yrs later I was asleep at my house on the living room couch. I awoke and the way the couch was, you laid facing the front windowsill. As I opened my eyes, I saw grandma standing, floating there outside of the window watching over me as I slept. I guess this would be in the same way I watched her in her hospital bed. Difference being, me there physically and her being there, spiritually...

Next thing I knew, almost like a snap of the finger, I woke up again to the sun facing me shining bright through the window. It was like it had to be a dream, but either way I knew it wasn't. Am I crazy? No, Grandma's my guardian angel watching over me. I thank her for this. I know that when it's my time to cross path's, she is going to be right there meeting me at the light. In the sense of things, that is the only way I could cope with the thought of me, myself dying. Thanks to her, I believe death will be easy on me. I fear the thought, but I know she will make things seem right like in Heaven..I will be right at home.

Its crazy how the last moments of her life, we became best friends and makes it a shame we weren't before she left. I am happy I got to be there for her. I accept her becoming a bird and pooping on me for a sign of luck, fortune and guidance. I appreciate she watches over me as I sleep at night. I could never forget you, Grandma.
You have placed signs to me that this life I lead does not have an end. There is just eternity. For this, I cherish you.

I end this note now with just a lot of recognition and respect rewarded to a woman who didn't have anything and cared for others. While being alive and than still in the afterlife. I love you, Grandma and I accept every sign that you placed before me. Again, Thank you for being my protector, my Guardian Angel...Goodnight

*i just want to thank the person who made a thread pretty much on the same topic and inspiring me to write about the topic on my Grandma. This is my 1st time, talking about this. Thank you

edit on 6-3-2012 by Newz2387 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2012 by Newz2387 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Looks like this will be lost in the archives but either way to whoever read this before I got knocked down thank you...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your grandma even though it was a long time ago now. It wouldn't have been easy to deal with i'm sure at that age.

Interesting stuff about the bird part though. When my dad died I saw a blue orb in my parents room so I knew that he was saying goodbye as he died during the night.

There's certainly a lot we don't know about the afterlife but I believe that there are good things awaiting us!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thank you for reading and replying. Sorry to hear about your father's passing but I am happy he said his goodbye to you

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
No doubt in my mind she was the bird, at least for that moment, letting you know from the other side that she was watching you and had your back. She also might have been reminding you to laugh at yourself and everything else, because laughing and smiling is the only true mechanism of happiness I personally see here on this plain. Also, she was saying life will poop on you, but there is also flight and freedom so never dwell on the smell. I think she sent the best message she possibly could, this has been an excellent and enlightening story for me to read. By the time I was done reading it, I refreshed and you had bumped and someone else had posted.

Be patient, ATS truly loves these kind of stories, and if anyone tries to debunk your life remember that it is your life, and every part of your journey is important the the rest of it.

AWESOME story, I hope when it finally is your time that you and your gramma pick up right where you left off!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Very touching thing you had. I too had a similar incident with a passed on family member. Not awake, but in my dreams.

The dream occurred the day after my uncles funeral, or that night of his funeral. I loved my uncle so much, the rest of my family also. But in the dream i was walking around in town with my friend, out of nowhere I saw my uncle and gave him a hug. I told him that i miss him and love him. He told me he was doing okay, then after i started to cry. He then told me he had to show me something then pointed out over pass the hills not too far from where we were. Shortly there after he said he have to go, then i woke up. It was weird, i think he kinda knew i was going to wake up. And yes, i woke up with some tears in my eyes.

I still do see my uncle in my dreams every once in a while. Every time i see him he is always happy. I've always felt like i had a strong connection with my dreams..even before those dreams that i had of him.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
the question is why did you grandma poo on you?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
M sorry for your loss. Losing two grandparents within days...wow. Words aren't enough.

Supposedly, a bird pooping on your head is lucky. Although it happened to me once during recess and I didn't feel lucky then.

Did your grandmother have a sense of humor? Perhaps it was one last joke.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Newz2387

Thanks for sharing!!

I couldn't unlock myself from reading this!! I too have a similar childhood of watching my grandfather die of lung cancer when I was 12....Although there was no cool signs or anything that came from it.....Just sad times (December 24th, 1994)....Pretty crappy Christmas that year....But he is in a better place now, and we will both be reunited with our lost loved ones soon enough....

Sorry to hear the news, but glad you shared with us!!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired
the question is why did you grandma poo on you?

One possibility is that their family was uncomfortably poo-ing around each other and it led to a lack of breath and maybe some stomach problems or something.

Another question is why not? A wise and loving old person probably knows a little white stuff on your dome won't hurt. And if they're on the other side and a higher level they'd probably pull even morehumor from such a situation.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yeah, they say when a bird poos on your head you're going to come into money. I have to admit, the one time I got it on the head by a bird in my life I did come into money. However, it was from insurance and involved the death of a brother. Rather do without the money and keep the bro, thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think when people who are close to us pass, we are often gien little comforts to let us know its OK, and there is in fact a plan. For me, it was the passing of my Grandfather. On the night of his death, I heard him speak to me, nothing in specific, just calling me. I left my room, fully expecting to see him in the living room, but he was not there. I asked my parents where he was, because i heard him. 15 mins later we got the call. Chilling. This, however was not the spiritual part for me. My Grandfather was in his youth, a terrible alcoholic. My uncles tell horrible stories about the things he did. I, however, never saw this side of him. He had quit drinking several years before I was born. Even though that negative relationships between him and my uncles remained to an extent, my Grandfather and I became very close. I spent every summer with him in a little fishing village of about 60 or so inhabitants. Much simpler times. It was a great youth.

On the night my grandfather passed, he had, after 25 yrs to the day from quitting the sauce, bought a 6 pack. He got very drunk (as you would after 25 yrs, and well, Canadian beer is quite strong compared to our southern neighbors) After he finished that half case, he went back to the store(where I live we can buy liquor in a corner store), bought another half case, and then on the walk home, was hit and killed by a drunk driver!! To me, this seemed to ironic. In my mind, God, Allah, Yahweh, whatever, knew my grandfather put in a good fight, knew he salvaged his relationship with his son, through his grandson, and basically said, "I'm not going to let you go back down this road". Its always given me that sense of a higher purpose and higher meaning in life.

new topics

top topics

join