It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: U.S. marines report alien-like activity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by silo13

Why post at all if you don't want a topic debated. There are as many views as there are
posts. No need to get all huffy, show your evidence and stand by it

My point exactly. I have no beef with UFO threads at all.I want to believe and I do. But after reading so many threads started with nothing but a sensational headline, copied by the OP to gain stars and flags and most of the time the OP doesn't even research the story before rushing to post it. Some vague witnesses saw some lights, we have a night time picture that looks like a time lapse of one object that we can't even make out, could be the moon, or a planet , or a satellite and we are supposed to get all warm and fuzzy over it? Blindly believe and heap praise upon the OP for bringing this to our attention? Come on give me a break. The point is to create debate. if someone disagrees with the "so called facts", they should not be labelled a troll. The OP need's to answer questions, provide facts when someone might be off topic, and basically defend what they have presented. Not just get all upset and run away. The weak presentation by the OP and lack of research of this thread was it's demise , not the people questioning it's fact's.Grabbing something from the internet and slapping up on ATS with no real care seems to be the thing to do lately. Sad.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167

U.S. marines report alien-like activity

Not one thing about aliens.Just some lights in the sky. Could be anything.Fail.
Gotta love those misleading headlines.
edit on 6-3-2012 by mark1167 because: text

Yea but Flares ( the excuse most use ) have weight and are effected by gravity, hence they FALL to the ground or towards Earth.

Are these falling? Are they moving?

Exactly....people need to stop suggesting "normal" things for stuff that isn't normal.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I do find it strange that in those 45 minutes of viewing these lights, not one single person was able to go and get a video camera, or even a mobile phone and film the lights in the sky.

That way we would actually be able to tell if the lights were stationary and fading in and out, ruling out the possibility of flares. Unless of course they are anti-gravity flares

I don't see much of a conclusion coming from this without more evidence to analyse.

But after reading so many threads started with nothing but a sensational headline, copied by the OP to gain stars and flags and most of the time the OP doesn't even research the story before rushing to post it.

Again, I thought that was the policy of posting on ATS. To copy the headline "as is" . Guess I'm wrong about that then. He also said that he has tried researching further into it, however keeps finding the same information. You do seem overly aggressive in your debunking, if I do say so.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOngoingJourney

I'm just frustrated at the level of so called UFO threads lately. I'm sorry if I'm coming across as aggressive, it's just to me, if it's not a story the OP can back or gain multiple sources from then they should maybe consider not posting it in the first place.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOngoingJourney

I'm just frustrated at the level of so called UFO threads lately. I'm sorry if I'm coming across as aggressive, it's just to me, if it's not a story the OP can back or gain multiple sources from then they should maybe consider not posting it in the first place.

just stop man.. NO ONE can explain these lights in the sky as of yet.

The facts surrounding this event are somewhat vague, I understand, but kindly stop trolling about the OP.

Maybe you should have considered "not posting in the first place".

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

There we go with the trolling label again.I'm not trolling the OP. I'm not trolling at all. I'm stating my opinion regarding crappy UFO threads that are like a plague around here. I have a right just like you to post my feelings regarding what I read. If you don't like it to bad. I'm a troll because I don't agree with the thread, you don't agree with me , so what does that make you? Give me a break.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
what is there to debunk. several u.s. marines went outside their base, looked up, saw lights, took pictures and went to bed.

what's up for debate is the origin of these lights, not the fact they were witnessed and photographed.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I know what is up for debate, maybe I used the wrong word when I used "debunking".

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We are talking about military personel, surely they will know what a flare, plane or helicopter would look like so they are out the question...

Swamp gas? you wish

Ddefinatly a UFO which means Undentified Flying Object, doesn't have to mean alien but it could, we can't rule that out the question. I hope so, it would make my day but time will tell.
edit on 6/3/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Why would a technological advanced alien species show up in the dark, with round ships that are
Illuminated for all to see.

Why would they have multipul ships in a straight line and all Illuminated over a desert backward country like Afghanistan.

The chances that this is a genuine UFO case are as good as me winning next weeks lottery.
In the UK that 14million to 1.

I think they are a rehash of the "Pheonix Lights"

Regards

Could be plenty of reasons "why" they would be there. There have been plenty of reports of sightings over nuclear bases, etc. I think an alien race might be quite interested in our military capabilities, or just our wars in general. A military base sighting is hardly unusual. In fact I'd think they would be more likely to be seen there, than over plain suburban neighborhood # 1,250,227.

Also, I've always thought the questions of lights (why would they need lights!).. is ridiculous. They may not be lights at all. Could be a result of a propulsion system. Could be some sort of radar, or data gathering tool. Who can say? It's alien.. ergo, it's going to be completely alien to us. We may not even be capable of fathoming the real reason they have lights (nor put them as you say, in straight lines).

I do agree it may well be something terrestrial. Could be a test the base did for communication or something else, that your standard joe marine didn't know about, and why no alarm was seemingly raised. Very low chance of being alien, sure.. but to discount it for your reasons I think is not really fair, nor make much sense. Do you really think you could fathom the reasoning behind alien technology or why they would do what they do?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Ddefinatly a UFO which means Undentified Flying Object, doesn't have to mean alien but it could, we can't rule that out the question. I hope so, it would make my day but time will tell.

'But it could' - that's the greatest part of your post and the point of the thread - But it could be!
Let's keep looking for more info!

peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Added note:

Coolest thing for me about all this? Looking at that pic.

What if I really am, I mean I really am looking at an alien vehicle of some kind?

Holyyyyyy BLEEP! That just blows my mind. What if it REALLY IS what I (hope) think it is?

Wow. Like I said. Mind blowing!

Just throwing out my reaction =

peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

My point exactly. I have no beef with UFO threads at all.I want to believe and I do. But after reading so many threads started with nothing but a sensational headline, copied by the OP to gain stars and flags and most of the time the OP doesn't even research the story before rushing to post it.

Wow... you DO realize that the T&C state you must use the original title of the article you are using? You seem to have a MAJOR malfunction... You say your tired of crappy UFO threads with sensational titles, yet YOU are part of the problem! Not just with your attitude here, but you CREATE crappy UFO threads with sensational titles

"The Phoenix Lights Back?? November 3rd 2010.."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why not show us instead how you think a good UFO thread should be done? What's that you say? You don't know how? Yeah thought so.

WHY must there be more than one source? A group of military people in a war situation saw some strange objects, took photos and reported it to MUFON... WHY would you expect there would be other sources?

You say this is a crappy report... How so? The sighting was real, the photos are real... we don't know what they are so they are UFO's Blowing them up produces interesting shapes

Some vague witnesses saw some lights, we have a night time picture that looks like a time lapse of one object that we can't even make out, could be the moon, or a planet , or a satellite and we are supposed to get all warm and fuzzy over it?

How are they vague witnesses?

Blindly believe and heap praise upon the OP for bringing this to our attention? Come on give me a break. The point is to create debate. if someone disagrees with the "so called facts", they should not be labelled a troll.

Well if you don't want to be labeled a troll, then don't act like a troll. You don't like the sighting fine, that is no excuse to come down on the OP or any other members. Stating your opinion is fine but you might want to read this..

ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually debunk
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you can't debate your opinion without attacking the OP, then yeah, you ARE a troll

The OP need's to answer questions, provide facts when someone might be off topic, and basically defend what they have presented.

No the OP is not required to do any of that... You didn't either in your crappy thread... you just posted a video with crappy music and waited for opinions... so practice what you preach. There is no defense needed her. The OP presented all that was available in the OP

Not just get all upset and run away. The weak presentation by the OP and lack of research of this thread was it's demise , not the people questioning it's fact's.Grabbing something from the internet and slapping up on ATS with no real care seems to be the thing to do lately. Sad.

Again... the OP did a great job on this thread considering what was available...

Compared to YOUR UFO presentation...

Just caught wind of this new sighting.Not sure what to make of it.The pattern is almost, if not identical, to the original sightings.I am not responsible for this video or the music .I will provide the link because I'm not sure how to embed videos yet,I tried but Im not sure if it worked.So check out the link if it didnt.Peace.

www.realufos.net...

www.youtube.com...

No get over yourself and start being part of the solution, not the problem
edit on 6-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
First off: Thanks for the thread, OP. S&F

First thing I did was zoom to 1000% and examine each light source. The shape of each seems to be unique. It does not look like lapse-time or PS to me, but that is a subjective opinion.

While certainly not "proof" of anything, the photo is far superior to the typical "shaky lights in the sky" video which one would get with a small hand-held camera, imho.

The MUFON report states quite clearly that the observers ruled out flares in the initial report.

Noteworthy and deserving of more research.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Pretty little lights in the sky and we'll probably never know what they are in our lifetimes. nice find though I always wonder what's out there in that big black void we call outer space.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Gamma enhanced...

Cropped objects from the original and enlarged

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm tired of the government dangling the transparent carrot in front of our faces....It's time to disclose the truth

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Signal flares from a night time air drop or pick up. As more news comes out describing the lights hovering for a bit and dropping in altitude refer to the Phoenix lights video. In that case it was signal flares from a training op in the area. Since this area is active it will be an actual mission.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I think your response is weak and fails miserably to lend anything at all to the thread.
reply to post by newcovenant

Please enlighten us with anything you can lend to the thread. All you've done is come on and rip me.You haven't contributed anything more than me.

No, mark1167, you didn't contribute anything. You just ripped the OP.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Your signal flare theory is only good if you discount eyewitness testimony. If you accept that the photos and testimony are accurate, then it is not flares.

Also, looks odd.. there is a black bit in the center of each light. hmm.. glowing corn nuts!

Actually if you look at the photos, almost seems like you are viewing the lights at an angle as it were. They are not exactly round, and look as if they are attached to an object that is not directly facing the person taking these photos.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join