It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: U.S. marines report alien-like activity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting.
Now that's what I'm talking about.

Still I wish there were video of this and not just photos. I think service men would have suspected flares even if it were not true, I mean that would be the "go-to theory" on the ground... unless the lights appeared quite UNLIKE flares.

edit on 6-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Quibbler

Well, it does have to be said that at least as Marines they should all be familiar with military aircraft or commercial. If there were flares, planes, swamp gas, they should be privy to that information.
Cool story, imo.

That's what I was thinking. These 'witnesses' have some credibility - at least in what they are familiar with (flares, military vehicles,etc) and know this is NOT what they are seeing.

UFO in the classic sense I would think. Alien like? Hey, I didn't write the article but I probably would have said the same thing and coming from the military this sounds pretty good all in all IMO.

Plus - let's not forget where this 'sighting' took place. It's not exactly a walk in the park over there at the moment and the area is HIGHLY charged for escalating conflict atm.

peace

edit on 6-3-2012 by silo13 because: spelling

Hi,

I have only read the pieces that you have posted, but it doesn't say anywhere that any marines witnessed whatever this was. It clearly states the person making the claim was a non marine and doesn't specify if any 'witnesses' were marines or fellow civilian workers onsite.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thanks for the info from MUFON - can you give a link to the info you posted please? I'd like to go look at it myself. I really appreciate you posting it too!

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there's not much that we can do with these kind of photos.

EXIFS datas don't even shows the camera model:

Also, the datas are filled with EXIFs that makes me think of the use of a post-process software, that is confirmed with JPEGSnoop:

1: Possible camera used that the JPEG Compression signature match
2: Possible post-process software ("IJG-based editor") used that the signature match

There's no way to know if it's really a soldier in Afghanistan that posted this report on the MUFON CMS system.
It could be anyone else.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

You would be amazed at the type of thing that has been done over the years, like crop warfare (definite fact rather than rumour) but that would be another thread entirely.

On topic though i am intrigued by this - more by the formation and hovering rather than the actual lights themselves. It could be anything from sub atomic interaction in the upper atmosphere through to little green men with impressive crafts.

I have to say though that i am always suspicious when this sort of thing is spotted in a warzone. To me, that raises the likelihood of it being military related (without confirming it).

I have seen some wonderful footage over the years of various things being tested, usually not very effectively if i am honest. We may have some great tech ideas but from the footage i have seen we (as a species) are slightly like Homer Simpson at actually building them and getting them to work properly!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Thanks for the info from MUFON - can you give a link to the info you posted please? I'd like to go look at it myself. I really appreciate you posting it too!

Thanks!

Well, link didn't popped up for me, so all you have to do is:
1- On the main MUFON page, go to "click here for UFO file cases" at the top
2- Search UFO database
3- Fill in the search cases, for example, just put in "event country" "Afghanistan", then put on the event date (approx.) February 2010 and click on "submit", the report will popped up.
4- Click on "view" for the detailled report.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
Phoenix lights anyone?

Great post

What this man said, the lights look the same shape as the ones in phoenix just at a different angle, or that could just be the way the photo was taken?

i would say this looks like one ship then loads of little ones

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

i dont appologies for any rudeness , but , you are kidding right ?

1) Multiple witnesses of the military kind,

that would be multiple alledged wittnesses , none of whom give any credible details - the " the witness statements " can be boiled down to :

" went outside , say some lights , went back inside "

2) MUFON endorsed,

where ? - mufon have simply repeated the claim on thier website " as is "

3) A PHOTO

2 photos
, nither of which have anu evidentiary value , or are of sufficient resolution for any 3rd part analysis

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167

U.S. marines report alien-like activity

Not one thing about aliens.Just some lights in the sky. Could be anything.Fail.
Gotta love those misleading headlines.
edit on 6-3-2012 by mark1167 because: text

Yup, a ridiculous headline that is parroted by "useful idiots" that don't have the intelligence to use common sense, reason and logic before posting their own threads.

What the heck is "alien-like" anyway, lol? I mean, what is "alien-like" to some mud-hut living religious fanatic is totally different from some city dweller's idea of "alien-like"

I guess we must assume that is was alien-like activity to the witnesses reporting it, and because they are "marines" we should give them a little more credibility? Not so, some of the most ignorant and moronic people I know are pilots, military folks and yeas, even two astronauts. So no, I don't care if they are marines or not, this is a non issue and nothing more than useless internet fodder that increases the signal to noise ratio around here.

"BuT hay dooz!!! They wer like trained military in a foreign country, they shood kno!!!!!! Like really man!!!!"

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
they seem highly legit op, snf.

i'd like to ask the avid debunkers who want to live in a boring, mundane world, whether they believe that there'd be alternative options such as laser projections and chinese lanters in a place like afghanistan. chinese lanterns. afghanistan. yeah.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jamsession

i'd like to ask the avid debunkers who want to live in a boring, mundane world.......

Hell no we don't! We want to live in the amazing world that we read about from the believer side online everyday, trust me. We just have a mental disorder that doesn't allow to accept the current available evidence. Some folks, no matter what they WANT to believe, still require a bit of real evidence, other folk will believe whatever they want to because it is more exciting than reality, they have a mental problem, or have religious issues. Either way, not my fault people are ignorant enough to accept what they want to believe while ignorant of reality....because down deep they know that reality isn't near exciting enough for them or that down deep they know they are "special" and a way to make then "special" is to believe in the absurd and pretend they know something that the average Joe doesn't. Sad, just sad.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The picture in question looks strikingly familiar to a time lapse photograph of the moon.

Here are two examples, the distance of the picture in question is obviously from further away.

If we look at the picture in the OP, the slight curvature of the line is almost identical. I do believe the picture in the OP might very well be a time lapse shot of the moon. Its easy to do too!

vvv
edit on 6-3-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

To be honest, i'd still go with something military.

Maybe a new type of drone?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked
Hi,

I have only read the pieces that you have posted, but it doesn't say anywhere that any marines witnessed whatever this was. It clearly states the person making the claim was a non marine and doesn't specify if any 'witnesses' were marines or fellow civilian workers onsite.

I think after reading the original report on a number of different sources, that the person making the report was not a Marine, but that there were Marines that had seen the even t as well.

In the source it specifically says

One of the Marines in the Company came into the office to tell us about the lights.

So at least one Marine witnessed the event.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

ohhh Mr Naysayer......alien-like......alien-like.... Do you know what the lights were???? UHHH no...hence UFO.
It is post like yours that is making people not want to post anything on ATS. Quit looking like a dumb@$$ and start reading the post.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Russia sats tracking us positions for an IRan retaliatory strike in the event Isreal attacks on APRIL 11.

Juat saying. Over us base. Foreign land. Spy sats clear and simple. If it was not the drones over head would have dispatched some intercepting craft flying over head.

Come on people.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hey VVV, i find your post very interesting and logical.
Just a quick question though, if it was a time lapse photo in the OP,
wouldn't the lights be spaced equally and also in line with each other?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm not going to speculate and allow the UFO merry-go-round to gain another punter. But it is definitely worth saying thanks for sharing OP!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by andypb
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hey VVV, i find your post very interesting and logical.
Just a quick question though, if it was a time lapse photo in the OP,
wouldn't the lights be spaced equally and also in line with each other?

That's exactly my thoughts and I was working on it as you just replied...

There's no equal space between each lights of the time lapse, and even in case of either increasing or decreasing space (that is still possible in a lapse time shoot), they aren't even regular.
Moreover, there are not perfectly aligned on a straight line. You'll said then that (and there's a perfect example of such in my own avatar) that they can be lined up on another way, but in any case, they'll have to be regularly put and not in a broken line.

Anyway, playing with the curves/light/contrast on my favorite post-process software, I'm fairly confident that the lights, whatever they can be, are, at least for some of them, made of two close and separate lights.
edit on 6-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Thats great, thank you.

You put everything i was trying to say into pics,
i wouldn't know where to start, trying to do that.
Star for you

And thanks to Silo for sharing snf.
edit on 6/3/2012 by andypb because: line to add

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join