It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange rumor about Irak heard on the tv-news.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hello all.

Yesterday, I've heard on the news that before the coalition attack on Baghdad start, the Irak Defense Minister has asked to the Irakis Military Officer to go back at home and to put their civil clothes.

In other words, Irakis Officers have received the formal order to don't protect Baghdad and to don't fight against the coalitions troops.

I can't provide a link.I just have heard it on the tv-news.

It's not looking impossible, since all the Irakis soldiers are saying that they were alone and only some fews Irakis Officers were at their fighting post.

What's your opinion ?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I can�t comment on your TV report, as I haven�t seen that yet. But from the apparent lack of cohesion there seemed to have been no leadership in Baghdad orchestrating its defense. I think once the Elite Republican Guard realized their chain of command didn�t exist anymore, that they would have put on civilian clothes anyway. If the generals are running scared, why would the soldiers fight and die for Saddam who was hiding also?

I�ve long suspected that the looting of the Museum and the Hussein palaces was carried out by the Elite troops and the Fadayeen. Who else knew those places so well and would have had access? That may also solve the mystery of the Baghdad power out, which coalition command says it�s not responsible for. No power means no alarms or lights for the Iraqi people to know that everything was being looted and who had done that.

It�s interesting that hospitals are staffed 24 hours a day, yet no one has fingered the people who looted them.

I wouldn�t doubt that many of the Iraqi�s who are now cooperating with coalition forces are actually the elite guards and Fayadeen fighters.

Many someday this will all come to light and we�ll know the facts. Until then, it�s all speculation and personal opinions.

join