It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new technology, Like the DVI monitors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't know, how long has DVI's been out for? I definitely can tell a difference in the sound and the image, totally a difference from the old monitors. But, I could of sworn I heard a static conversation (Men) through the speakers and I have the sound off. Is that what some people consider to be like "White Noise" or whatever? I am the only one home. Or, maybe it's my family making me go crazy and I finally hit rock bottom. Time to admit me. "She's back"
It's weird because there's like a humming noise. Kind of annoying. Bah, now my ear just plugged.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
EMI is fairly common and you actually can pick up conversations with regular speakers, but it has nothing to do with the DVI cable.

The magnets in the speakers will pick up frequencies floating through the air on occasion to occasion(or is it the wire connecting to the speakers acting like a antennae? I can't remember), what you heard was probably not your imagination and nothing that you should be worried about.

I'm a computer guy, that's how I know this

edit on 5-3-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Oh, okay, I thought I was going crazy for a second there.

I know dang well I don't sound like a man, and those were male voices. And, I'm not playing anything in the background.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I've picked up cab- and towtruck drivers; and occasionally unidentified chatter too faint to understand that might be stray shortwave. Definitely nothing to worry about.

...Unless, of course, it's EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon)--dead people trying to communicate. Yeah. That's definitely it....

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Oh come on man! You're gonna give the girl a scare!

Seems her handle is justified.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Oh, not to worry--lots of women hate me!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I vote on EVP also...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

L
L

you should share your EVP with your family
and pretend you don't hear it!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
DVI? Been around for years lol. HDMI is it's successor.

It is just interference. Many, many things could cause interference. From mobile phones to refrigerators.

If they are externally powered (need their own power outlet), just turn them off
If they are a part of the monitor, just turn the monitor off.

edit on 6/3/12 by GobbledokTChipeater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This happens quite often on my computer speakers. One time I heard some guy talking about shooting the neighbor’s dog for barking. It was quite funny. The volume came in and out for about 30 seconds.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well as long you guys can hear it, now I know I'm not going crazy,

That's the first time, I have ever heard that. Thought someone was in the house.

edit on 6-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

join