It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief: 1 dead in Ohio nursing home meth lab fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

ASHTABULA, Ohio (AP) — A fire chief in northeast Ohio says a drug lab in the room of a nursing home resident has caused a fire that killed one person and injured six others.

Ashtabula (ash-tuh-BYOO'-luh) fire Chief Ron Pristera says the man died Monday, following the Sunday night fire at Park Haven Nursing Home. He says the lab was making methamphetamine.

Pristera says the man was among three residents and two non-residents hospitalized. Two other people were treated at the scene..

news.yahoo.com/chief-1-dead-ohio-nursing-home-meth-lab-040937605.html

Here is a story that totally blew me away. I was about to head to bed and I read this on my home page. I am putting this out there for the ATS crowd.

In a nursing home??? This is a new one to me.

Once here in town someone got busted cooking meth in the motel across the street from the police station. So I guess nothing should surprise me, but, dang in a nursing home.

I hope this is in the right forum. I posted this in the social issues forum because meth is a serious social problem as noted in the article.

I have to be off to bed now, enjoy the fruits (rotten fruits) of other peoples stupidity.

I am honestly floored by this.
edit on 5-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
How is a patient going to have a methlab without the staff knowing?
Clearly the staff had to be in on it or incredibly incompetent.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

That is exactly what I was thinking.

I hope more details come out because something smells like "anhydrous amonia".

What a bad deal for the residents of the home that are just trying to live out the rest of their lives.

new topics

join