It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Family Of Voices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'd like to take this time to mention something that happened to me on a short time basis of probably 15-20 maybe 25 minutes.

I was in my bathroom sitting down thinking. (Not using it). All of a sudden I hear whispers in my ear...

At first I hear a little boy shout "Grandma!" then he says "It's breakfast.". I dont know what that means, but it was 3am.

I hear a teenage boy say something, though, by now I forgot. This was 2 days ago or so. I've just been thinking about it a lot.

So, I hear this man say "He's not here, he left". Like if someone were to walk in a room looking for someone then state the person is gone and just leave with no concern, that was the tone of his voice.

Then I hear a woman's voice comment on my thoughts. Saying not to listen to someone who I personally know, when I thought about telling them this.

Because I just sat there, not saying anything, almost in a shock state, but not too much, just surprised.

Please dont call me crazy or mental. I come to ATS for a reason. This just seems out of place severely. A little boy calling me, or shouting "grandma"?, etc.

Any useful thoughts?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TwelveFifty

This honestly sounds like classic schizophrenia. Do you have any history of mental disease in your family? I know you don't want to hear this, but just because you suffer a mental illness doesn't mean you're "crazy". I suggest you seek help.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

these voices could be spirits or demons haunting you. did you have extreme bad experiences in your life ? such experiences can be connected to what is happening to you atm.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

How often is this happening to you? The reason that I ask, is because I have heard the occasional voice, but very rarely, something like maybe 5 times over more than 20 years. And its never told me to do (or not to do) something.

If you are hearing these voices all the time, especially if they are telling you to do or not to do something, you may be at benefit from a check up with your doctor. Better to get it checked out I think.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This does sound like mental illness. Mental illness is trickier than physical illness because it cannot be seen with the eyes, although effects from it may become apparent. I recommend you to please see a doctor and get some tests done at least.

There was a comment here saying spirits might be bothering you. Demons do exist BUT the type of communication you get from them most of the time is very different. They are very debased in nature and their thoughts dwell on grotesquely immoral degraded and disgusting things. The conversations you are you are hearing are just normal conversations you would expect from the common everyday joe blow (even though many more people today are degraded in their form of speech as well).

I hope you get this issue resolved regardless.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

well, depression runs in it, thats seriously all i know of and thats just a guess.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments. I've heard this twice in my life. I seriously don't know of any mental issues on either side of my family. For one, my mother doesn't know nor my father knows of any. I don't keep in contact with extended family, but I can only speculate depression. Thanks though. Yea, I do believe in demonic spirits, it was just weird...the whole "grandma" thing.

Anyway, I apologize for the "crazy" comment, I just wanted to be heard out, but I appreciate the people who took the time to comment.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Your posts seem pretty coherent, and you're saying this only happened twice in your life now? Maybe it's not mental illness. Was there any people around? Do you live in an apartment where others would be around? Could you have heard a radio or something and mistook it? Are you sure the voices were in your head? What exactly did they sound like?

Sorry if this seems like 101 questions lol, but I just am trying to get a better picture of what's going on and help you in this situation.

There's also the possibility that what you're hearing it connected with a demonic spirit or a human spirit, or some other supernatural entity...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Your posts seem pretty coherent, and you're saying this only happened twice in your life now? Maybe it's not mental illness. Was there any people around? Do you live in an apartment where others would be around? Could you have heard a radio or something and mistook it? Are you sure the voices were in your head? What exactly did they sound like?

Sorry if this seems like 101 questions lol, but I just am trying to get a better picture of what's going on and help you in this situation.

There's also the possibility that what you're hearing it connected with a demonic spirit or a human spirit, or some other supernatural entity...

No people, 3am. I was home alone. Maybe, if anything, I had an a/c on, but thats it. I didnt hear them in my head, I heard them around me. It sounded just like a little boy, of 6 or 7 years. Then a teenage boy, a man, and a woman. As if it was a family. As if they were surrounding me.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is the first that I have heard of a family or more than one spirit talking to someone. Do you have any history on where ur living that would match up to a family possibly dieing or being killed there? I would check out that part of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
This is the first that I have heard of a family or more than one spirit talking to someone. Do you have any history on where ur living that would match up to a family possibly dieing or being killed there? I would check out that part of it.

I do not know, not quite sure how to find out. I've lived here for a few years. I live in the country. Not too deep in, just rural. I will try to find out though. Most people around me have hundreds of acreage. I live a mile and half away from a cemetary thats been in use since the mid 1850's. I never researched it, but I just did and saw that they listed who died.

I dont believe im psychic but think I am sensitive to certain things. It's just this whole town is rather creepy to me. Maybe its just personal but it is.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwelveFifty
I'd like to take this time to mention something that happened to me on a short time basis of probably 15-20 maybe 25 minutes.

I was in my bathroom sitting down thinking. (Not using it). All of a sudden I hear whispers in my ear...

At first I hear a little boy shout "Grandma!" then he says "It's breakfast.". I dont know what that means, but it was 3am.

I hear a teenage boy say something, though, by now I forgot. This was 2 days ago or so. I've just been thinking about it a lot.

So, I hear this man say "He's not here, he left". Like if someone were to walk in a room looking for someone then state the person is gone and just leave with no concern, that was the tone of his voice.

Then I hear a woman's voice comment on my thoughts. Saying not to listen to someone who I personally know, when I thought about telling them this.

Because I just sat there, not saying anything, almost in a shock state, but not too much, just surprised.

Please dont call me crazy or mental. I come to ATS for a reason. This just seems out of place severely. A little boy calling me, or shouting "grandma"?, etc.

Any useful thoughts?

Why were you just sitting in the bathroom? Were you sleep walking? Cound this have been an extension from a dream? I ask because I've awaken from some dreams still hearing things that were going on in the dream for a moment. Add a similar situation to you sleepwalking into the bathroom, and now you're thinking that you remember walking to the bathroom and sitting there. All of a sudden you hear voices which actually wakes you up and you're thinking the voices are from nowhere.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure if this would be the same kind of situation or even similar, but it reminded me of something that my late step-grandpa experienced. After his wife died, he lived alone and he said strange things started to happen. He said he was sitting in his fave recliner watching tv one night and he saw two little girls near the front door. He watched them for a few minutes and then said the mom and dad came up to the two girls and they just carried on a conversation, like he wasn't even there. After a few minutes, they just disappeared.

Some could say he was senile, and I'm not dismissing that possibility, although he was sharp as a tack, up until the day he died. And likewise, I'm not saying that you have any kind of mental issues either. It was just that your story reminded me of what happened to him. I think that strange things just happen sometimes, and as of right now, there's not explanation for them. Hopefully, one day there will be.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Could be a schizo but based on your observation of it being three in the morning and the fact that three in the morning is the classic "witching" hour where supposedly we are closer to the dead then we are at other times I am inclined to be open to the possibility of it being ghosts. I believe in ghosts though...Personal experiences have led me to this belief...I'd say see if it happens again at 3 in the morning.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah
Why were you just sitting in the bathroom? Were you sleep walking? Cound this have been an extension from a dream? I ask because I've awaken from some dreams still hearing things that were going on in the dream for a moment. Add a similar situation to you sleepwalking into the bathroom, and now you're thinking that you remember walking to the bathroom and sitting there. All of a sudden you hear voices which actually wakes you up and you're thinking the voices are from nowhere.

Lol, this may seem weird, but I sit in my bathroom a lot just to think. Anyway, im somewhat of an insomniac, so i was up until 4am that day i think..or night I mean.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

Could be a schizo but based on your observation of it being three in the morning and the fact that three in the morning is the classic "witching" hour where supposedly we are closer to the dead then we are at other times I am inclined to be open to the possibility of it being ghosts. I believe in ghosts though...Personal experiences have led me to this belief...I'd say see if it happens again at 3 in the morning.

I remember reading that on here, about the witching hour.

...But I will see if it happens again.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

TwelveFifty,

First of all, I don't think this is mental illness but there are some physical reasons that could be the cause of your hearing these voices that are not paranormal in nature. Since it was 3am and you were sitting in the loo alone to think, was there something going on outside the room or in your life at that time from which you were seeking solitude (no need to answer if it's too personal but just some food for thought). If so and it was causing you great stress, this could be the cause of auditory hallucinations (which doesn't mean you're mentally ill) or make you more in tune to residual energies, a concept I'll explain shortly. The voice telling you not to discuss it with friends could have been your subconscious because the sad reality is that 95% of people will think one is crazy if you say you heard voices. Then there's the fact that it was 3am which could either indicate sleep deprivation (which can cause all type of havoc to your physical or emotional health) or if you had been sleeping, you could have actually fallen back asleep without realizing it. There are also certain medications that can cause one to hear voices; again, nothing to do with mental illness. So we have stress, sleep deprivation, sleep continuation or medication(s) as possible "natural" reasons.

Now as for possible "supernatural" reasons. It could have been that you were hearing residual voices of past experiences that happened in the house. I am a firm believer that residual energy lingers, oftentimes indefinitely, and that some people are more susceptible to picking up on that energy's frequency. Sometimes it's due to an ability that the person has that's more keen than most, and sometimes conditions are right to make someone, without the developed ability, capable of hearing, seeing, feeling or interacting with these energies.

In either instance, whether it be natural or supernatural in nature, I certainly wouldn't be alarmed since nothing you heard or interacted with seems to have been ominous or threatening in nature.

I hope you find this response to be of some help. Take care!

Timidgal

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

TwelveFifty,

First of all, I don't think this is mental illness but there are some physical reasons that could be the cause of your hearing these voices that are not paranormal in nature. Since it was 3am and you were sitting in the loo alone to think, was there something going on outside the room or in your life at that time from which you were seeking solitude (no need to answer if it's too personal but just some food for thought). If so and it was causing you great stress, this could be the cause of auditory hallucinations (which doesn't mean you're mentally ill) or make you more in tune to residual energies, a concept I'll explain shortly. The voice telling you not to discuss it with friends could have been your subconscious because the sad reality is that 95% of people will think one is crazy if you say you heard voices. Then there's the fact that it was 3am which could either indicate sleep deprivation (which can cause all type of havoc to your physical or emotional health) or if you had been sleeping, you could have actually fallen back asleep without realizing it. There are also certain medications that can cause one to hear voices; again, nothing to do with mental illness. So we have stress, sleep deprivation, sleep continuation or medication(s) as possible "natural" reasons.

Now as for possible "supernatural" reasons. It could have been that you were hearing residual voices of past experiences that happened in the house. I am a firm believer that residual energy lingers, oftentimes indefinitely, and that some people are more susceptible to picking up on that energy's frequency. Sometimes it's due to an ability that the person has that's more keen than most, and sometimes conditions are right to make someone, without the developed ability, capable of hearing, seeing, feeling or interacting with these energies.

In either instance, whether it be natural or supernatural in nature, I certainly wouldn't be alarmed since nothing you heard or interacted with seems to have been ominous or threatening in nature.

Timidgal

Well, I dont take medications; I wasnt asleep. I had slept earlier that day for a bit. The possible thing, may be, stress. I had surgery recently, but it was very minor. Very minor. Its personal, but it was non-life threatening. I was thinking about that a bit, not heavily though. The things for example, what the little boy said, seemed completely having nothing to do with me.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwelveFifty

Originally posted by timidgal

TwelveFifty,

Timidgal

Well, I dont take medications; I wasnt asleep. I had slept earlier that day for a bit. The possible thing, may be, stress. I had surgery recently, but it was very minor. Very minor. Its personal, but it was non-life threatening. I was thinking about that a bit, not heavily though. The things for example, what the little boy said, seemed completely having nothing to do with me.

Well then that more or less supports the possibility that for whatever reason, whether it was the time of night or some other reason that tweaked your sixth sense (or a combination thereof), you probably picked up on residual energy of past occupants of the household and pieces of conversations that were once had there. A very innocuous and cool experience for those not frightened by such and it shows you would probably have the capability to better develop that abilitity if you so wanted.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Im trying to think of a good reply without having to say you have a problem.

Maybe its spirits of a past family who has lived in that home and somehow you are able to hear them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join