It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does Consciousness come from, Time-wise?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
As a human, you sure are a waste of a beautiful mind.

I'm going to assume that this is some sort of compliment.

You should shuck your human skin, get out of that Edgar Suit, and take a closer look at what's going on, since you might be surprised what the truth is because what you think the truth is, isn't but in doesn't matter in totality, since you always wake up from these knowing the truth.

There is no sp00n!

There is no y0u!

You are living a Dream, thus, the y0u does kNot exist!

Ribbit

Your denial of my existence hasn't appeared to affect me in any way, so believe what you wish.

Ps: You are also incorrect about black holes. Science now knows matter is also being EJECTED out of black holes, sew they don't just suck, they spit too.
Plus, it's magnetics that draws the matter in, kNot gravity, although magnetics is also the source of gravity sew it can be said gravity is what draws in the matter but it's kNot the correct way to say it but you don't know the truth about gravity sew how could you possibly know the truth about black holes?

um....I didn't really try to detail the nature of black holes. I just tossed them into the quick list of Universe staples that don't think or possess sentience. Odd that you'd focus on that toss-off reference, but whatever.

The truth is that I can, and have, established (and published) a solid logical basis for my assertions, and you clearly haven't. You should if you can, and if you can't then you should learn what you need to learn to be able to do so. A reputable theory must include a solid logical basis or it simply won't be considered reputable in any professional circles. Anyone can make statements about whatever they believe, but a real theory must survive a full test of its own internal logical structure as well as it's direct association with what's been clearly established as reliable and factual. Mine does. Does yours?

If it does, then prove it. I can provide a link to my proof. What have you got?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

As a human, you sure are a waste of a beautiful mind.

I'm going to assume that this is some sort of compliment.

It was!
You clearly have a good mind, just warped, but warped isn't necessarily a bad thing. It could be worse, you could be as smart as you are and a religioustard to boot.

As to publishing anything, it would be a werk of fiction sew I doubt I'll be spending much time trying to define a mirage, since the pool of water in the mirage is actually a pile of sand, but that pool is what you humans have been drinking from your entire existence here.

But then, where is here?

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If consciousness came from time, it wouldn't exist.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6
If consciousness came from time, it wouldn't exist.

Sew what if Time came/comes from Conscousness instead?

What doesn't werk one way, can sumtimes werk in reverse.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Yes it would work in reverse, since time is the linear creation of our perspectives of reality.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6

Yes it would work in reverse, since time is the linear creation of our perspectives of reality.

Eggs-actly!

"God/Source Thinks and Time happens!" - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

God/Source doesn't think...it's we who think.
Perhaps God/Source just observes.
And of course we think we know but we don't know anything at all about God/Source.
And why not pause for a moment...and not think any thoughts at all.
And in that moment you will still be conscious of self-not self.
Consciousness of self does not require thought.
Awareness of self does not require thought.
And of course God/Source is outside of time and thought.
But thats another story.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Am I a fish?!

Anyway what have we?

A conversation between two children!

You don’t know where consciousness comes from but...
You do know what it is...or feel you know what it is!
Or at least it is some sort of...
Eternal energy that can’t be described...Beyond thought and mind...
Glad you cleared that up!

So I will have to purge myself, empty myself...undo myself!
Even though I am cleaved unto myself...
And then of course there will be no me.
Poor me...I’ve been holding all this together.

But still...there’s all that bliss to be had.
All that unconditional loving sea of everything...
At the heart of me...I’ve been there you know!
Or vice-versa!

Anyway in reality what can we say about consciousness?
How can we understand our own subjective experience of ourselves?
Are we a reflection of ourselves?
Do we reflect ourselves into existence with affirmation and feeling?
What is it that is affirmed and felt?

Do I have to explain everything?!

edit on 7-3-2012 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
The ultimate objective truth is that we don't exist. The ultimate subjective truth is that we do.

Actually, the ultimate objective truth is that light is the only thing that is objectively real. When you die (cease to exist) that's why you see the light. Light is the only thing that objectively exists. Death is the emergence into objective reality.

My question would be, what if neither are applicable, then what Reality dew you have left to fall back on?

Ribbit

All is one is consciousness is light. There are many manifested forms of the one essence that is light.

Light is the one form of consciousness that is objectively true regardless of subjective relativism. All forms are relative to other forms except light which is constant for all. Light is the one and only truth. All is consciousness. Consciousness is the inner nature of all matter and energy. Consciousness is internally true at all times and only externally true in the form of light.

The universe and everything in it is over 99% empty space. We don't see emptiness because we are conscious/relative forms existing within the realm of relative positioning of our size. We see the emptiness of larger systems but not of smaller. If we did not exist in our current form, i.e. dead, we would see the only thing that is externally true, and that is light.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

God/Source doesn't think...it's we who think.
Perhaps God/Source just observes.
And of course we think we know but we don't know anything at all about God/Source.
And why not pause for a moment...and not think any thoughts at all.
And in that moment you will still be conscious of self-not self.
Consciousness of self does not require thought.
Awareness of self does not require thought.
And of course God/Source is outside of time and thought.
But thats another story.

As to God/SourCe being "outside" of "present" time, I IS warming up to that possibility but that is the Consciousness of Everything.
There's a reason why many call it the Collective Consciousness and it's because its One Consciousness shared by All.
It's what gives Life to Life.

As to absolute silence of the mind, there is no such critter! Everything is moving, which denotes frequency, which denotes Sound, sew everything is Sound, which is movement, sew Zero Thought would stop Time and once stopped, it cannot be restarted.
Sew if you could possibly have Zero Thought in your current "form" you would completely sever the link to your Soul and you would die, johnny on the spot. Sew a Thoughtless Moment isn't what creates awareness of self-kNot-self, it's an Absolute Thought Moment where your Thought joins that of the Collective Thought, then you IS self-kNot-self.

What you said does tie into that but it doesn't cover it, sew I don't know your Thoughts are on this addition.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The ultimate objective truth is that we don't exist. The ultimate subjective truth is that we do.

Actually, the ultimate objective truth is that light is the only thing that is objectively real. When you die (cease to exist) that's why you see the light. Light is the only thing that objectively exists. Death is the emergence into objective reality.

My question would be, what if neither are applicable, then what Reality dew you have left to fall back on?

Ribbit

All is one is consciousness is light. There are many manifested forms of the one essence that is light.

Light is the one form of consciousness that is objectively true regardless of subjective relativism. All forms are relative to other forms except light which is constant for all. Light is the one and only truth. All is consciousness. Consciousness is the inner nature of all matter and energy. Consciousness is internally true at all times and only externally true in the form of light.

The universe and everything in it is over 99% empty space. We don't see emptiness because we are conscious/relative forms existing within the realm of relative positioning of our size. We see the emptiness of larger systems but not of smaller. If we did not exist in our current form, i.e. dead, we would see the only thing that is externally true, and that is light.

Since science now knows that matter is created from photons, which photons are light, it would suffice to say that the combined photons are what give that particle of matter its energy, but then, what gave the light energy?

The SOURCE of the Energy that poWers Light is God/SourCe!

Space = God's/SourCe's Body

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't think concsiousness comes from one direction in time. Or I didn't thunk it I should say.

Perceptions are sometimes linear. Time is not always linear. Even language itself is constantly moving in more than one direction, more than just left to right.

A long time ago, or was it tomorrow?? I forget....

anyways...

a single cell organism we shall call "alpha & omega, me be alpha" sure was alone. No experience had existed communicating with any external entity for ". ... well that's just to long of a name to be honest. maybe we can shorten it down a little...

alpha and omega, me be alpha
a................o............me...b....a
aomeba..

sounds better, takes less time to say all that...

anyways....

aomeba had no experience with any other being outside of itself. And alone sucked really really bad. So, aomeba decided to split.

then there were two identical same aomebas trying to talk to eachother. Now when you and I raise our right hands and face eachother we know even though they are on opposite sides they are both our right hands. But in a mirror facing one's self they are on the same side.

How did two aomebas talk to eachother with no prior experience doing so? No basis for comparison?

Was the message sent from left to right, was it meant to be read right to left, or left to right????

beef/feed
trophy/effort
boots/stood
eden/nude

we feed on beef. a trophy is nothing more than proof of an effort. boots have been known to have stood. they were nude in the garden of edun. truisms going both ways in word, because both ways in time, maybe?

Sometimes i wonder if the future and the present were at war.... technically who started it first?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Does it take 3 to create?

1. neutral
2. passive
3. active

1. darkness
2. light
3. spark

1. neutron
2. proton
3. electron

1. space
2. molecular clouds
3. gravitational force

1. rock
2. water
3. erosion

1. female
2. male
3. spark

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Sometimes i wonder if the future and the present were at war.... technically who started it first?

That requires special attention, sew it gets its own little spot for me to thunk on it.

If either wage war with the other, it's self defeating, thus, even if they "lay hands" upon one another, they are only fighting themself, sew the answer to your exact question is: Each started it with Themself.

The reason it's self defeating is if the future wins, then there's no Present for the Future to become the Present, thus, Present will never happen and Time dies but if the Present wins the day, then there will be no Future to become the Present and Time dies, sew Time knows better than to wage war, why don't We?

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

alpha and omega, me be alpha
a................o............me...b....a
aomeba..

aomeba = Me A Boa = "Me" is the Snake in the Garden of Eden

There is no sp00n!

There is no mE!

There is only WE and WE IS.

But the Me is more fun once you understand the truth of WE.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by voicefromtheages

1. neutral
2. passive
3. active

1. darkness
2. light
3. spark

1. neutron
2. proton
3. electron

1. space
2. molecular clouds
3. gravitational force

1. rock
2. water
3. erosion

1. female
2. male
3. spark

I don't understand the question, since sum of the tri-topics are incorrectly aligned.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

depends upon what they are fighting for. You assume it would be a scorched earth scenario. What if the future was at war with the present with other goals, other objectives? This is all conjecture mind you, I certainly couldn't prove this scenario exists as far as I know.

Another possibility could be if the very distant future were at war with the present, would they remember us being their ancestors? Our own history seems to have some unknowns to it and it is thousands of years old. Hundreds of thousands or millions of years and who knows what earthlings could be or look like.

just some thoughts i thought i would throw out there my frog friend. Oh, and incidently i did buy two tree frogs for my terrarium yesterday. They are doing good. ribbit.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

depends upon what they are fighting for. You assume it would be a scorched earth scenario. What if the future was at war with the present with other goals, other objectives? This is all conjecture mind you, I certainly couldn't prove this scenario exists as far as I know.

Another possibility could be if the very distant future were at war with the present, would they remember us being their ancestors? Our own history seems to have some unknowns to it and it is thousands of years old. Hundreds of thousands or millions of years and who knows what earthlings could be or look like.

just some thoughts i thought i would throw out there my frog friend. Oh, and incidently i did buy two tree frogs for my terrarium yesterday. They are doing good. ribbit.

Give'em a drop of honey now and then.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

1. neutral
2. passive
3. active

1. darkness
2. light
3. spark

1. neutron
2. proton
3. electron

1. space
2. molecular clouds
3. gravitational force

1. rock
2. water
3. erosion

1. female
2. male
3. spark

I don't understand the question, since sum of the tri-topics are incorrectly aligned.

Ribbit

That's your problem.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

1. neutral
2. passive
3. active

1. darkness
2. light
3. spark

1. neutron
2. proton
3. electron

1. space
2. molecular clouds
3. gravitational force

1. rock
2. water
3. erosion

1. female
2. male
3. spark

Ribbit

That's your problem.

Good luck.

Your confusion is kNot my problem, it's yours.

The only tri-topic that was correct was the third set with the trons, which is almost impossible to get wrong, but you sure got the rest wrong.

Rock-Paper-Scissors beats out the rest.

Ribbit

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join