It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my latest remix - zeta reticuli star system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Thought i'd post this space themed track for you music headz. =)

I hope you enjoy it.

The original track is by a band called Pyscho Decay who requested that I remix the track for their upcoming EP.

Please listen and comment if you will.

clicky linky plays choony!

ETA - Here is a link to the original track. enjoy.

original mix by Psycho Decay
edit on 5-3-2012 by w3nd1g0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Being the inquisitive person that I am I tried to find the original to see how different it was to your (very good) remix. No luck on that. I found them on ReverbNation but I think I need an account there or something. It won't let me play the track.

Anyway, sounds excellent to me. No idea what genre but I hear things/styles I recognise a little. I think they will be pleased with your work.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Awesome! I love techno/trance music. As an electronic musician myself, it is always nice to here other peoples' music. What do you use?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

I would get more out of this if I was able to hear the material before you "Remixed" it. Or maybe the point isn't about the "Remix" but the concept, in which case I'm there because the concept of death being the end is just plain silly

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Hi mate.. thanks for listening.

I will grab the link for the original track and post it back here shortly!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Hey dude.

Glad you enjoyed the listen. I use Reason, various synths and drum machines and also Sonar pro edition for mastering.

You will have to post me some of your music so I can have a listen myself! =)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
reply to post by w3nd1g0

I would get more out of this if I was able to hear the material before you "Remixed" it. Or maybe the point isn't about the "Remix" but the concept, in which case I'm there because the concept of death being the end is just plain silly

hehehe yes i loved that sample. I return momentarily to post a link to original track =)

Thanks for staying and playing tho ;b

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

I dabbed a bit into reason once, it was pretty nice. I am a Mixcraft 5 kinda guy though haha. Then of course I have hundreds of actual synths that I use for sound, and I'll engineer my own sounds on occasion through some of those. I do a bunch of stuff, but electronic music is one of my favs to do...

Some of my favs electronically:

Butterfly Effect
Limits at Infinity
Friendly Black Holes
Blue Rubidium
Explosions in the Corona

But I have a bunch, it's tough to choose. Ya know, I am trying to get a website going full of artists (music, poetry, painting, whatever). I got my stuff on there, as well as a few other people. It's small now, but if you wanna join and post your music, that'd be cool (don't feel like you have to though of course).

PhysicsAdept.com

Also, last note, my favorite and most inspirational electronic artists are Virus, Prophecy of P.A.N.I.C., Hemstock and Jennings, and even Pendulum is growing on me. Just thought I'd add that in case you felt adventurous.

Cheers!

ETA: I never got this about soundcloud, is there a place to download your music on there? I would download it if there is.
edit on 5-3-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Unfortately without a premium account you cannot offer downloads on your originals... which is pretty lame.

Yeah ive been a big fan of pendulum since the Hold your Colour album was released way back.

I will take a look at your website shortly (im at work ssshhhhh!) hehe

I would interested in promoting my work wherever and whenever i can!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Awesome, I will keep an eye out for ya. In order to post I'll need to activate your account, but I will do so when I see you on. Hold Your Colour is a very good album, I was actually listening to it, by coincidence, shortly before I visited this post. Orbital is another good one if you have heard of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

I really like the dnb track!! The first one isn't bad by any means either, but I just tend to like alot of energy and cool melody in my techno.

As long as it isn't dubstep

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Orbital rock! I have seen them live in the UK many times. Belfast is a bangin' track!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

yeah lol.. i love my dnb and techno... but just like yourself.. i am not a fan of dubstep..

I actually wrote a dubstep track last week in under 2hrs just to show a mate how easy it was.... incidentaly... he has now lost alot of respect for the genre!

Thanks for listening and cheers for your comments!!!

join