It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A rumor about what is going to happen on March 7th 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Not many of you will be aware of this, but the Internet actually exists in one room, located deep within the basement of a building - which I cannot name - in Stockholm.

This is the internet.

This. Classic.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Do you have any source material on this? Or is it just one of those "my buddy who works for the Government told me that" type of threads with zero documentation that I usually ignore?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Originally posted by mainidh

Not many of you will be aware of this, but the Internet actually exists in one room, located deep within the basement of a building - which I cannot name - in Stockholm.

This is the internet.

This. Classic.

According to "The IT Crowd" "The Internet" is contained in a black box with a flashing red light on top !

If you've never seen the show, I strongly suggest you check it out.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by apocalypticangel
That rumor started last month I believe. I think that you have a great idea by recording ips. I think I might just get on that tonight and actually have them handwritten as opposed to just makin a file on the pc. Now this may sound like a dummy question but I will ask anyways. If the FED were to completely dismantle the internet on that date (which I have heard) what good will an IP address be. Im just saying that if they go in there with a fat kill switch and remove and or scramble along with edit the info that is allowed, then we have to start from zero?
Either way I will be joining you on the recording of the IPs so thank you~~~

All DNS does is translate IP addresses into an easily accessible address, like www.abovetopsecret.com.

If it wasn't for DNS, you would have to type in the numerical address of a site everytime you wanted to visit, instead of an easily remembered name,

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

But I question on why don't they just announce it over the news? Plus, the rumor I heard said that it was to limit the information going in and out to a low level and censor a lot of revealing stuff about thing.

If they are so bold, I also question why does this Trojan concern them when it should of been left to a computer maintenance branch of the government and not to a bunch of thugs in suits?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

wow, didn't know you researched that.

Thanks for the tip.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Nope, just a rumor that floats around on the internet and I line it up, research it, see if it's valid, if it's just, and then post it.

As well, make sure no one has posted it as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Only 600,000 will affected. Just think how much better the web will be with that many off the grid. I think it is a test run to see how the sheep graze without no one to guide them. Or maybe those chosen get to test the cots at yer local Fema Camp.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
And just an update on how to take down the internet in one state, it's simple, just cut the fiber optic lines going in a state. There are two in general, but they are either in a lake or in the ground.

So now those that want the internet down, know how to really take it down, but good luck because they are some really thick lines and it's a really big web, just to find two lines the connect one state in the US to the internet.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
alot of popular sites are down right now and intermittently, they must be practicing?

ATS is fine for the time being

youtube has been down alot today, and a few others like BANKS, especially

whats going on???

its scary

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Well, I am the FBI afterall... you know..

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I couldn't find an adequate box with a red light, so I opted for the original google setup circa 199x..

that is google btw... no joke!

o.O lol

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
alot of popular sites are down right now and intermittently, they must be practicing?

ATS is fine for the time being

youtube has been down alot today, and a few others like BANKS, especially

whats going on???

its scary

I know Im scared... but probably for the exact opposite reason you are!!!

Oh man, I wish people would read things

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Let me try.. TRY.. to settle some of the fancy here.

Again..

Just imagine, I snuck into your house after you went to sleep. *I'm a hacker*
I find your phone book and I replace it with my sneaky phone book, that looks exactly the same *I'm a nasty code*
You wake up and decide to ring your mate bill.... but somehow get put through to my mate bob. Bob has his service set to charge you $10 a minute each phone call, and you spend all your time talking to bob, and wondering why he doesn't sound like bill.. *I get money!!!*

FBI comes along and says "Bob is not Bill, we shall replace your phone book with ours until you can fix it." making all your calls go to bill.. "Hi Bill!! Hows the family? Oh great!"

The FBI says "OK now we're going to turn our phone book off. We've removed the fake one you had, but if you have not gotten a new one... well, no won't be able to make any phone calls... Just so you know."

"ZOMG THE FBI STOLE MY PHONES!!!"

umm.. no..

you, if you were a victim of the hijack in which case your DNS was altered to point to the BAD DNS servers, then you won't be able to do anything on the internet, until you FIX YOUR DNS.

Ok, so.. FBI taking down the internet? No.. Hackers stealing your personal data? Not any more. You fixing your DNS? Hopefully..

Anyone who is without internet tomorrow, and is not part of a slack ISP, or who has not fixed their own Hijack.. See you in the funny papers.

I expect about 6 or 7 more pages of people saying "HOW DARE THE FBI!!!!11" now.

Ok..

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

damn i hope they dont. i have all the ip addresses for the websites i use. Even if they did... how long before the global community fixes it
?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
WOW...

The feds shutting down the internet?

People might have to actually start talking to each other again...

Truely frightening!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So disappointed. To say the least. But by court order you have been saved for 120 days.

2. ISC shall continue to operate the Replacement DNS
Servers for an additional period of approximately 120 days,
measured from March 8, 2012, and ending on July 9. 2012.

Copy of Court Order

I cuss NASA for this idiocy. There was plenty time to fix your problem NASA. Lazy.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Will the CME reach the Earth tomorrow? Maybe this could cause the "End" or the internet DNS servers shutdown.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

basically it's an extension? But that's odd, but what I mean is replacement servers? Can't they just upgrade and get it over with? As well, What if this happened globally?

reply to post by mauricemsps

What do you mean CME? Do you mean Nibiru? If so, it's more likely it will take out every electronic, but that magnetic rock should be coming around in the US summer.
edit on 6-3-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join