It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe the world won't end suddenly in a disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There's a lot of fear mongering on this site, whether intentional or not. Most of it has to do with a SHTF scenario like a solar flare, nuke attack, asteroid impact, etc. But, it just doesn't make sense for the world to end suddenly in a major disaster, even if some people survive.

It's my belief that whatever happens serves a higher purpose. I'm not a big religious person, but I still hold the belief of a higher… something. Maybe it's just me, but I've seen evidence of events holding a higher purpose in my life. The nature of the universe seems to be fractal in nature, so it would make sense for the microcosm to mirror the macrocosm and vice versa.

Humanity seems on the verge of a major shift. The masses are waking up to the reality that very powerful people control much of what is going on in our lives. They want their power back. Maybe it's just me but if some sudden disaster happened, it be sort of like in Forrest Gump if Forrest got shot and killed right before the climax. It's like "Oh, this is sweet, he's about to make a breakthrough. *Bam* THE END!!!" It just doesn't make sense in the scheme of things.

Think about it, humanity has been on the brink of destroying itself before and it hasn't happened. The Russians and Americans didn't start WWIII, terrorists didn't kill us (yet… lol), BP disaster and Fukushima and we're still here. Heck, not even CERN can kill us. Granted, I know it's just my opinion, and an idealistic one, but I wanted to share it with all of you.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
"One man's trash is another's treasure."

In disaster, there's birth, so even if there is more to come, and there is, why worry about it? Worrying never did anyone any good.

Secondly, one must begin to end or it never happened, sew if this werld never happened, it can't end.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Reality is not a movie.

The world suddenly ending is a disturbing thought. Hollywood might convey some disturbing thoughts but overall they want a happy ending to the viewer feels warm and fuzzy and pays $8.50 to see the next one.

Sadly, I don't think Hollywood screenwriters are behind our existence. I don't think we can anticipate how, if it does it all, it will all end. But comparing an entire planet and all it's inhabitants to a Hollywood production is..well, naive.

It could all end suddenly. The geographic record shows us this has happened many, many times in Earth's past. It's very reasonable to assume that a sudden ELE can and most likely will occur.

I hope you're right, but I really don't think you are. I'm not all about the doom and gloom, but I can accept that it's a poss..no, probability.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread

I truly believe many post what may be dissasters in the making here because here things will be examined in depth by a great many very sharp pencils, and with the vast readership at ATS, if the warning should go out, it will.

A positive attitude is essential to survival..maybe the first most important thing a person must have.
"change favours the prepared mind" - ancient chinese maxim, after 5000 years they would know

One only has to examina the threads about catastrophies and ruins and wars and strifes past to see that they are a regular occurance in this universe we live in..

Recently in many places like Iraq and Afgahnistan, war has destroyed the lives of many ...Several HUNDRED MILLION people lost thier lives in needless wars in the last centuray so that a few could become rich and powerfull....and then there are natural disasters like the tsunami in the Indonesia or Fucushima...

The world has ended for many far sooner then it should have ..these things must be examined, and the truths exposed and the lessons learned...for the future

as I learned in Boyscouts
BE PREPARED!
" don't plan for what will go right, plan for what will go wrong"

Contrary to what some believe Ignorance is not a survival trait.
The ultimate cost of ignorance is pain suffering and premature death
so deny ignorance

have a good one

Danbones

edit on 5-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

No problem! I mean, I see what you're saying and it's good to have emergency supplies on hand, but put too much energy and you could get sucked into a very fearful life. The way I feel is to prepare and have emergency supplies, but don't go overboard and just live your life and have fun. Most of these things you can't change anyway, so why stress over them?

edit on 5-3-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't think the world is going to end in 2012 or suddenly for that matter. I DO think that human beings have a much more grim future. The money is falling, tension is rising, more natural disasters are happening. Add that to the totalitarian provisions some of these governments have to 'rebuild' and the outcome is much more frightening then an asteroid or whatever.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's gonna end... of course when Justin Beiber comes out of the closet!

But, it's gonna end soon!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

The point is that we aren't indestructible. We rely on some pretty specific things to live, such as sunlight, clean air and potable water. Any of those 3 are jeopardized, and we are in for a pretty sudden disaster. You talk about serving a higher purpose, but didn't it occur to you that people die everyday from natural disasters? The only thing being messed with is the numbers. I don't think the world is going to end either (as in humanity), but it certainty is a possibility. Large enough volcano/supervolcano to obstruct the sun on any hemisphere can dramatically effect the climate, killing off hundreds of species that would mess up the equilibrium for thousands of other species, killing them off, which ultimately effects us. Chances are we would still survive, but a dramatic chunk of civilizations would be wiped out, from panic, not being prepared, or just running out of resources.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by matty1053
It's gonna end... of course when Justin Beiber comes out of the closet!

But, it's gonna end soon!

When did he go into the closet?

And who'd he go into the closet with?

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

join