It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder: US can legally kill Americans in terror groups

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The U.S. government is legally justified in killing its own citizens overseas if they are involved in plotting terror attacks against America, Attorney General Eric Holder said Monday, offering the Obama administration's most detailed explanation so far of its controversial targeted killing program.

"In this hour of danger, we simply cannot afford to wait until deadly plans are carried out, and we will not," he said in remarks prepared for a speech at Northwestern University's law school in Chicago.

Eric Holder, the Attorney General of the U.S., has officially stated that American citizens can be targeted for assassination. One might ask "how can he justify this?" Here's how:

The Fifth Amendment provides that no one can be "deprived of life" without due process of law. But that due process, Holder said, doesn't necessarily come from a court.

"Due process and judicial process are not one and the same, particularly when it comes to national security. The Constitution guarantees due process, not judicial process," the attorney general said.

Holder: US can legally kill Americans in terror groups

Bad guys need to be dealt with. Real terrorists need to be dealt with. But American citizens must go through the system of due process of law. But according to Holder, due process is not the same as judicial process? Due process of law, the framework of our judicial system, and judicial law are mutually exclusive?! How much more evidence do we need than this of a corrupted presidential cabinet? Surely even Obama's staunchest supporters can see that he has no intentions of allowing freedom to prosper in our nation since he is allowing this fascist to continue to exist as our highest prosecutor.

This makes me sick, and it should make you all sick, too.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You beat me to posting this. I'll give you a S&F none the less.This is coming from a guy who under his command Fast and Furious was conducted. Yes I know that the Bush Admin conducted similar operations, two wrongs doesn't make a right. Point being, When your AG has an operation conducted under his command that loses thousands of weapons in which many of them were implicated in murders and various crimes he should have been relieved of duty. There is no excuse to botch an operation such as that. Furthermore, he should have lost all credibility.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
the u.s. constitution: the vaguest document ever put to paper.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Should we just slap them on the wrist and tell'em "bad boy/girl" and let them go free like most of you bleedin' heart pussies would suggest. Due process, are you fuggin' kiddin' me. Tell your due process to the people who've had their head removed slowly, with a dull blade. Or the people mindin' their own business when they are suddenly vaporized because some dumb f*** thinks they are going to heaven for killin' innocent people. You choose to act barbaric you will be delt with barbaricaly. plain an simple. no matter what country you are from
edit on 5-3-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I already posted this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sad, sad, sad state of affairs this country is in.

Things are about to get very interesting, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Wait a second here... Isn't Holder that @sshat who wanted to give trees the right to sue people?

My Old Thread

It's obvious this Holder character needs to buy a clue or at least rent one.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
Should we just slap them on the wrist and tell'em "bad boy/girl" and let them go free like most of you bleedin' heart pussies would suggest. Due process, are you fuggin' kiddin' me. Tell your due process to the people who've had their head removed slowly, with a dull blade. Or the people mindin' their own business when they are suddenly vaporized because some dumb f*** thinks they are going to heaven for killin' innocent people. You choose to act barbaric you will be delt with barbaricaly plain an simple

Wow, what? Lets throw over 260 years of due process out the window because you're feeling revenge triggerhappy? I think no.

Get a grip. We all deserve fair trials. period.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So... they've said previously that narcotics users are "aiding and abetting" terrorists. Does that make it ok for them to assassinate 40-60 million Americans? How about PETA? I don't like peta, but I sure as hell don't endorse assassinating them. I mean WTF.

They just spent the last decade labeling everyone as a terrorist and now they claim to hold the power to assassinate American citizens they claim are terrorists? This should frighten the hell out of everyone!!
edit on 5-3-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the u.s. constitution: the vaguest document ever put to paper.

No, the most trampled on document ever put to paper.

What pisses me off is that these bastards are sworn to uphold the constitution, not interpret it. That is what the problem is, our tyrannical leaders have "interpreted" it to fit their designs. The constitution is not meant to be interpreted any more than a speed limit sign, a no smoking sign, aletter from the IRS, or any other law.

You interpret music, art, poetry and such. You obey the constitution as it is written. I say screw it if the government that is meant to serve us can interpret our most profound legal document that's meant to restrict government power, then we the people should start interpreting the governments laws to suit our needs.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Should we just slap them on the wrist and tell'em "bad boy/girl" and let them go free like most of you bleedin' heart pussies would suggest. Due process, are you fuggin' kiddin' me. Tell your due process to the people who've had their head removed slowly, with a dull blade. Or the people mindin' their own business when they are suddenly vaporized because some dumb f*** thinks they are going to heaven for killin' innocent people. You choose to act barbaric you will be delt with barbaricaly. plain an simple. no matter what country you are from

The problem here is that it also covers someone only suspected of being part of a terrorist organization. No proof is required, no killing has to actually have been committed. Only suspicion. Even Charles Manson and Jeffery Dahmer received the benefits of due process.

Learn to think critically and beyond your emotions and you'll see the implications of this.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
I already posted this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sad, sad, sad state of affairs this country is in.

Things are about to get very interesting, in my opinion.

Sorry about that! I guess I didn't use enough keywords

Oh well, it's an important enough topic that people will be twice as likely now to read about it!

/TOA

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Darn terrorists
waco ruby ridge kent state, first responders, witnesses, camermen, radio jocks, tourists,
veterans, homeschoolers, constitutionalists, ron paul supporters, raw milk producers, protestors, breast feeders,
bloggers, reporters, whistleblowers, almanac possesors, gun toters, pot heads, single moms, people with a couple bucks in thier pockets at traffic stops...people who disagree with the government...hoarders, legal immigrants, investors, pensioners, sick people, well people, voters, children, oldfolks, farmers, manufacturers...
silver buyers, carbuerater inventors, people whos grand parents came form away where we are at war with or not, Tesla, cancer curers ....agnostics christians muslims jews atheists buddists daoists reds blacks whites hispanics chinese japanese gays heteroes gamers hackers comedians readers writers babies oldfolks in diapers, homeless people, people with homes, tax protestors, cartoonists

did I forget anyone?

if I did, you know who you are ..you might as well turn yourself in now and save us the expense of coming to get you....
and NO ONE WILL EVER EVEN KNOW WHERE YOU WENT

edit on 5-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

Yes, let's continue due process. It works so well. Again, tell that to all the innocents who have been murdered. They didn't seem to get a fair trial. If were up to you an people like you this planet would have been overrun by pure evil many centuries ago with your due process and fair trials. Sometimes good must do bad to make things right. Thats the way the world works.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You all will be a bit shocked this coming from me, but I have to say something. If any American citizen is holding a gun in a foreign nation and shooting at American troops then should he not be treated the same as the foreign fighters? Why bother risking lives in order to capture him, then extradite him back to the US, a country he is obviously not wanting to be in? If its an obvious thing then there should be no doubts.

It is only different if it would be suspected that someone is involved right?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

So American gangs that terrorize the areas they live in, Do they count as well..?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

I only wish. Tell me just what these people contribute to socitey- gangbangers, terroists,- other than death, destruction, burdens on the tax payers,ect,ect. The are useless,worthless human beings. I defy you to tell me the world would'nt be a better place without them

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Legion2024

I only wish. Tell me just what these people contribute to socitey- gangbangers, terroists,- other than death, destruction, burdens on the tax payers,ect,ect. The are useless,worthless human beings. I defy you to tell me the world would'nt be a better place without them

The world would be a better place without them. However, the Constitution protects all Americans, not just the ones fascists like.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Now this Holder fella:
he did fast and furious which put guns in the hands of some of the most terrorist bunch we know the mexican drug cartels ( gang bangers for those of you who read with your finger ) and then they went and killed AMERICANs with those guns

then he lied to congress

he did this to dis the 2nd amendment

Im afraid he is up to no good

whats the definition of terrorist agin...
oh yeah. see my post above

Oops! Documents just unearthed show that the attorney general of the United States lied to Congress about when he first knew of the scandalous Operation Fast and Furious. Misstatements of fact by senior government officials under oath can be treated very severely. Remember Scooter Libby? He recalled the date of a meeting to the FBI differently than did others, and was convicted of a felony.

Doug Ross of Director Blue has an excellent summary, under the catchy title "Holder Lied, People Died." Unlike the case of Scooter Libby, over which the Left had fits, 2 federal agents and at least 200 Mexicans have been killed by guns obtained by drug gangs under the Fast and Furious program.

www.americanthinker.com...

edit on 5-3-2012 by Danbones because: added reference

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Once they declare the Religion of Islam a terrorist group, y'all need to start planning my funeral...

For now, be alert that they might make ATS a terrorist group...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You should never have put yourself in a situation in the first place to be "suspected". It's really not that hard to behave yourself and stay outta trouble, and please don't make this about the "evil government" rounding up people to throw in death camps or someother asinine concept. I'm the most critical thinker you will ever come across. I look at all the facts and make a decision. If you agree or disagree makes no difference to me

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join