It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 19th, Happy International Men's Day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Howdy peeps,

I wondered since the International Woman's Day thread got closed for bashing women, can an International Men's Day thread exist without the ATS women bashing the men?

To get this thread started on the right foot, a joke is appropriate:

A man goes into a doctor’s office with a toad growing out of his head.
“Tell me how it started,” says the doctor.
“It started out as a bump on my ass,” says the toad.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Why yes I believe it can.

International Men’s Day is a time for many people to reflect on the contributions, sacrifices and progress made by men in society. Such progress includes that of men working together with women to make educational, economic, social, and technological advances in society. Topics that may be discussed or showcased through various media, activities and events on the day may include: Men’s and boys’ health. The importance of gender equality. Improvements towards gender relations in all societies. Positive male role models for younger generations. Men’s roles in community, family, relationships and childcare. Healing and forgiveness. Meetings, workshops or group gatherings may also be held on this day to focus on overcoming challenges such as domestic violence and drug abuse. International Men’s Day is supported by various organizations worldwide, including the United Nations (UN) and the Men's Network.

International mens day is Nov.19, so I think it is safe to say, your day is yet to come

www.timeanddate.com...
edit on 5-3-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Dr. Laura wrote a book called "The care and feeding of husbands". Great book, she understands me.

Bought it for Wifey, she threw it at me after reading a little.

We are simple creatures. Probably do not need a day...

Ten things from the Dr Laura book source here

1. Men Need Women, and This Need Gives Women Huge Influence. Dr. Laura states the point as follows: "[M]en are simple creatures who come from a woman, are nurtured and brought up by a woman, and yearn for the continued love, admiration, and approval from a woman." Women have great power and influence over men, and wives in particular have tremendous power over their husbands. How they use this power essentially controls the relationship, because women are the masters of most relationships and marriages. That's why Dr. Laura says that she probably won't write The Proper Care and Feeding of Wives: wives already have most of the power and their marriages depend, for the most part, on them.

Read more: blogcritics.org...

2. Women Err in Favoring Children Over Husband. A friend once told this writer that once a woman has children, her husband is relegated to the moral equivalence of a piece of furniture. How sad if this is true in many marriages. Here's how Dr. Laura puts it: "Once wives became mothers, they had no time to be wives. The men would even compliment their wives on being great mothers, but expressed considerable pain over not being shown love, affection, or sexual interest. The typical reply from a wife challenged with this was 'I only have time to take care of one person, and our child is that person. I'm just too tired for you.' This puts fathers in the ugly and uncomfortable position of feeling competitive with and resentful of their children, whom they love so much."

3. Men and Women Are Different. That men and women are deeply different ought not to be notable, but for the fact that it is so often challenged today. Dr. Laura says that society tries to make both men and women "unisex." But men are happiest being men, and women are happiest being women, with few exceptions. The differences start to manifest themselves very early. In one study Dr. Laura mentions, a barrier was placed between 1 year-old babies and their mothers. What did the little boys do? They attempted to get around the barrier or knock it down. The little girls? They cried until their mothers' picked them up. Men tend to respond to things physically, women verbally. In fact, the two sexes are just right for each other.

4. Not Every Thought and Feeling Needs to be Said. Women tend to be so verbal, so expressive, that they can tire out men easily unless they exercise some restraint. Dr. Laura reports that wives generally overwhelm their husbands with communication. "Husbands imagine (so foolishly) that their wives are telling them something they actually need to know because they're supposed to do something about it. Otherwise, men can't imagine why the 'communication' is happening at all. It confuses them, frustrates them, and their response is to turn off. That's when they unfairly become labeled insensitive." Husbands and fiances are not girlfriends or psychologists, and women who want attention should adjust their communication style accordingly when speaking with them.

If you don't know I am certainly not going to tell you...

5. Men Are Not Mind-Readers. Most men are not very intuitive compared to most women. Many women "get caught up in the absurdly romanticized notion that 'if he loved me, he'd just know what I'm thinking, what I'd like, what he should say.'" If a woman wants her man to do something, she should just ask him plainly, without nagging, and show appreciation when he does it. To act otherwise, as many women do, shows arrogance and lack of respect for the husband's difference, and it leads to unhappiness in the marriage and in the family.

10. Thou Shalt Not Covet. Dr. Laura contributes a novel (to this writer) and insightful contemporary application of the commandment, "thou shal not covet." Specifically, she understands it as a rebuke to people who want it all, especially feminists. "Perhaps the feminist notions about women having power if they do it all has obstructed too many women's ability to realize that in real life we all make choices, and that the true joy and meaning of life is not in how many things we have or do, but in the sacrifice and commitment we make to others within the context of the choices we've made. The Tenth Commandment, about coveting, reminds us that none of us can have everything there is nor everything we want. Without enjoying and appreciating our gifts and blessings, we create a hell on earth for ourselves and for those who love us."

edit on 5-3-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
As a man, let me say this.

What's with all these days for random things? When is "International Problematic Giraffes Day"?

The only days I care about are my girl's birthday and "International Talk Like A Pirate Day" in September.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Source

Obscure and special days for March

Each Day:

1 National Pig Day

1 Peanut Butter Lovers' Day

2 Employee Appreciation Day first Friday in March

2 National Salesperson Day - first Friday in the month

2 Old Stuff Day

3 I Want You to be Happy Day

3 If Pets Had Thumbs Day

3 National Anthem Day

3 Peach Blossom Day

4 Holy Experiment Day

4 Hug a GI Day

5 Multiple Personality Day

6 Dentist's Day

6 National Frozen Food Day

7 National Crown Roast of Pork Day

8 Be Nasty Day

8 International (Working) Women's Day

8 Popcorn Lover's Day second Thursday

9 Panic Day

10 Middle Name Pride Day

11 Johnny Appleseed Day

11 Worship of Tools Day - guys, you can relate

12 Girl Scouts Day

12 Plant a Flower Day

13 Ear Muff Day

13 Jewel Day

14 Learn about Butterflies Day

14 National Potato Chip Day

14 National Pi Day- Why today? Because today is 3.14, the value of Pi.

15 Everything You Think is Wrong Day

15 Ides of March

15 Incredible Kid Day

15 Dumbstruck Day

16 Everything You Do is Right Day

16 Freedom of Information Day

17 National Quilting Day - third Saturday of month

17 Submarine Day - the hero sandwich or the boat??

17 Saint Patrick's Day

18 Goddess of Fertility Day

18 Supreme Sacrifice Day

19 Poultry Day

20 International Earth Day

20 Extraterrestrial Abductions Day

20 Proposal Day

21 Fragrance Day

22 National Goof Off Day

23 National Chip and Dip Day

23 Near Miss Day

24 National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day

25 Pecan Day

25 Waffle Day

26 Make Up Your Own Holiday Day

27 National "Joe" Day

28 Something on a Stick Day

29 National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day

29 Smoke and Mirrors Day

30 National Doctor's Day

30 I am in Control Day

30 Take a Walk in the Park Day

31 Bunsen Burner Day

31 National Clam on the Half Shell Day

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Every day is man's day.

Why do you need a special day to celebrate your piggish hegemony?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MsBernadette

Well, there ya go OP.

You have your answer...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsBernadette
Every day is man's day.

Sounds like someone either has things the wrong way round or is otherwise some type of "enraged feminist".

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by curious7

Source

Obscure and special days for March

Each Day:

15 Ides of March

15 Everything You Think is Wrong Day

15 Incredible Kid Day

15 Dumbstruck Day

All of those go perfectly together!

The One making the Three and the Three making the One!

13 isn't unlucky.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by MsBernadette
Every day is man's day.

Sounds like someone either has things the wrong way round or is otherwise some type of "enraged feminist".

That, or they could be an internet crossdresser.

Just call'em cyber-dressers.

Ribbit

edit on 5-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by MsBernadette

Well, there ya go OP.

You have your answer...

Probably a cyber-dyke.

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

join