It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carlos Slim Tops Forbes list of Wealthiest people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Carlos Slim beat out Bill Gates and Warren Buffet for the top notch of Forbes List of
weathiest individuals. Slim is rated at 68.5 Billion. Just thought that some of you would like to know that
The Queen of England,
The Rockefellers, The Pope, and The Rothchilds are Not at the top of the list. Wait , What?
There goes the neighborhood! Then again, the elusive Yohannes Riyadi nor Ronald McDonald
is mentioned either. Hhmmm?
So if you add up all of their billions, how much of a stranglehold is that on the world?
Links to article and List :
finance.yahoo.com...

www.forbes.com...
edit on 5-3-2012 by Wildmanimal because: add content

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The names are famous and often synonymous with great brands, from spaghetti to tires; those who bear them are without question fabulously wealthy. Yet the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Michelins and 35 other billionaire families don't appear on the Forbes World's Richest People list. Why not? It's a question of degrees. We have tried to distinguish between fortunes that belong to individuals or nuclear families, and those that have been passed down through more than one branch of the family tree and are often shared by dozens of heirs. Here are eight extended families we find especially noteworthy:

www.forbes.com...

Apparently it is designated for individuals and a fortune designated as 'family' doesn't go on the list. They are listed though, check the link, it shows the Rothschilds and Rockefellers on forbes.
edit on 5-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

Yes, it is a list of individuals. Not Foundations and the other mystical methods of hoarding
wealth. Still, The Queen is an individual, and she isn't on the list?
How odd. No?
Thanks for the link, while interesting, the numbers for the top of that Forbes
family list is 8 billion. That amount is purportedly is shared amongst members of the whole
family. While this is still an Exorbitant amount of Cash, it hardly qualifies to even be in the
Top Ten of the individual list. Hhmmm?
edit on 5-3-2012 by Wildmanimal because: add content

edit on 5-3-2012 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Yes, it is a list of individuals. Not Foundations and the other mystical methods of hoarding
wealth. Still, The Queen is an individual, and she isn't on the list?
How odd. No?

No, I agree, it is strange but when your a member of a 250 elite ruling class there are no rules.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Even if you divided up the Rothschild family, individually each would hold far more than Carlos/Buffet/Gates. It's really a running joke that they list themselves that low on the list...

Still, 68 billion is a ridiculous number. I doubt I'll ever even reach a million.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that list of 250 ruling elite that you refer to
would you? I would certainly like to go over that list with a microscope.
I am sure some others would like run it over with some accurate tools as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There are richer people than SLIM or Bill Gates, in Saudi Arabia or other places there are people that is a lot more richer than the people that forbes list.

For example do you imagine how much money Muammar Gaddafi could have and now that is dead who has his money?

Another example would be the top drug dealer in the world ( el chapo guzman ) I bet he is the richest man in the world and nobody speak about this.

Also what about vladimir putin, could you imagine how many russian companies he owns without people knowing it?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Well actually, according to the Forbes Dynasty list that PageAlaCearl was kind enough to link to,
The Rothchild family is rated at 1.5 billion. That is divided up by ten members or so. Therefore actually
those members would not even be eligible to be counted in the individual billionaire list.
Granted that list is from 2/28/2002, but still.

So where is the proof of their supposed trillions?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by uxon1

Well I'll grant you that it is possible, but I have seen no proof of that. I am sure that somewhat accurate
estimates of their questionable wealth could be achieved. But that can also venture towards fiction of the likes of Spectre. You know, like the guy who lives in a deep under water aquarium and has his own rocket base.
He sits there with a fluffy white cat on his lap.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Wildmanimal because: typo

new topics

top topics

join