It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

3-year-old girl recovering after swallowing 37 high-powered magnets

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
WOW, I keep picturing 3 years olds too be tiny and small but the size of that ring, holy cow!! Glad she's going to make it. How did the kid get a hold of 37 magnets in the first place? That's just insane. Where were her parents? Look at the formation, looks like a necklace.





By Eric Pfeiffer

news.yahoo.com...


Needless to say, Payton Bushnell survived, thanks to her doctors at Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel. She's expected to make a full recovery.

"Her mom and I prayed and hoped she'd get through it," Payton's father, Aaron Bushnell, told KPTV. "It's a miracle she is doing as well as she is."

The Centers for Disease Control says accidental injuries are the leading cause of death for children ages 1-4, beating out disease, birth defects, infections and other illnesses combined. Interestingly, accidents continue to be our biggest threat until about age 24.




posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wonder if those come from one of these - "Neo - cube"


Not the smartest thing to leave laying around a 3 year old...



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah
 


Wow, that's a pretty weird video, never even seen those before. That is like kind of cool the way it does that and forms the different shapes. Maybe it's possible she got her hands on one those things, but why would the parents even buy that for child that young? Unless it belonged to the sister.

That video is amazing, thanks. I had to watch it again.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sounds like an inventive way to improve your digestive tract lol
undoubtedly inspired by rail cars
edit on 5-3-2012 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
wow...i hear it took hospital staff 4 hours to get her off the gurney...lol



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater
 


I just got one of those Neo Cubes for my birthday last month! Cool stuff, but hard to get used to making shapes with it! The person in the Neo Cube video is a friggin' pro at it! The parents probably gave it to her as a present as well, not reading the age limits and whatnot! Gotta be careful

edit on (5/3/12) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I saw this on the news. Poor little thing. I just hope that they didn't put her through a MRI!



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This little girl was very lucky.

Doctors say when a child comes into hospital after swallowing magnets it's like treating someone with multiple bulelt wounds. The magnets, if swallowed separately, burst through all your insides to join up again. Some kids have lost their lives through this, others end up very very poorly.

Keep all magnets away from kids. They're fascinating toys but should be kept locked up, like you would a gun. Seriously.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join