It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avalanche Takes Out Ski Lift In France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

www.grindtv.com...

No one was reported hurt, so you can relax and watch these crazy videos of a ginormous, late-afternoon, wet avalanche at St. Francois-Longchamps, France, in the Savoie, destroying a quad chairlift. Some 70 people were on the lift and, incredibly, not one was injured and all were evacuated within two and a half hours.

"There was the risk of another avalanche, so we wanted to avoid bringing the people down on the ground to stop them from being swept away by another avalanche," Captain Cyril Anceau, CRS Alps commander, told the French broadcaster M6.

This is the second major lift evac in France in one month. In mid-February, a gondola broke down at Alpe d'Huez and 60 passengers were rappelled 200 feet to rescue.

I'm glad no one was hurt or killed in this incident. Mother nature sure has some fury sometimes.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Holy Crap!! Lucky no one was on that chair lift! Amazing video, thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Pretty crazy seeing the power of snow. Makes you wonder what the people on the lift were thinking while they saw the avalanche come. Probably, "That's not going to impact my life. I already past it."
edit on 6-3-2012 by guppy because: (no reason given)

join