It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a person fly a modified RC plane over Area 51 with cameras mounted

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

you can find rc planes from nitrotek

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hi will use one of this R/C Military robots www.irobot.com... no way any one will have a slightest chance on getting in using a remote control aircraft, they make a lot of noise even those electric turbo fan engines, maybe only a glider, during the night, You could use FPB but is expensive a lot to equip a r/c plane with this equipment, and of course you will lost it. But if you be skilled enough you could fly it really fast, and make them almost impossible to shot it down, a lot of maneuvers to evade the shots, and record all on video, plus you can be far away from the base. But they will trace you, and eventually find you.

I bet what ever you guys want, that, they can´t have detectors all around the base maybe only some strategic places for every one to see, they just inflict fear on persons make them think that Area 51 is the most well guarded base in the world, If you enter by the main gates of course they will shot you down, but if you avoid main entrances, if you manage to pass those motion detectors i can assure you you could get near the base without being caught or without they even know someone pass their defenses, of course you will need to be smart, and check for snipers or security checkpoints. Then you could hide on the mountains and back again during the next night.
edit on 12-10-2012 by user12345 because: wrong

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Why not just use one of the many programs that allow you to view it from above?

There is nothing to see anyway because it is all under ground.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

UFO don´t fly underground i guess, they need eventually to come out of their underground hangars.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is a great idea. I mean they would never know..

Only way your getting in is going through the ranks

I think you have a better chance of going into aeronautics engineering
in the military and getting in then with an rc plane

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by user12345

That's why they use the thousands of miles worth of tunnels to move them to another location so they can come up from the ground in an area not being monitored by RC planes

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
This is a great idea. I mean they would never know..

Only way your getting in is going through the ranks

I think you have a better chance of going into aeronautics engineering
in the military and getting in then with an rc plane

Yup. This whole post coulda been summed up with a simple NO. But who are we all kidding!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The only reason no one ever "found a way" is that it's expensive and too risky - it is possible though. Forget the idea of any kind of streaming, no matter what frequency, network etc. It's detectable, and it won't even has to be "shot down" - there are much more silent ways of disabling anything electrical.

Electrical activity is detectable too, as is heat, which makes "slow approaches" basically impossible. It doesn;t matter if its night or day, it's detectable and it will be shut off.

Any military installation consists of different security zones, and security monitoring get's more advanced as much further you get. Don't think that the sensors that were found at the outskirts are they're only ones (in terms of technology).

If we assume that this is really the most heavily guarded base (which I doubt), just imagine what kind of security monitoring happens let's say 5 miles from the installation. People flying diy-drones with mounted cameras on it and expecting even to get close enough? No way.

Ground approach - a better option but still difficult. Someone mentioned shielding an electronic device - possible, but if you do this you still have to resolve the problem with the coordinates and waypoints. Whatever your device is, it has to "know" where to go and what to do. Impossible without any (gps, cmda, vhf etc.) guidance. Yet you can shield a camera, making it undetectable - but it's complicated and expensive.

I spend a lot of time, years, thinking of a hypothetical way how someone could get exclusive footage from that area. I really don't wanna share that kind of information on a public forum, but there are a lot of hypothetical ways, if you do a different approach (yet by risking getting jailed for espionage & treason).

Let's say you want to hide something - what do you think when choosing the best location? You think "where might X search for". Translated into that topic, "what would crazy people do to get footage from the inside?" - Then you prepare, for every scenario, step by step. The're whole books on this topic, and I am sure whoever is in charge did their job.

Forget classic approaches, think unconventionally. Think logistics - what comes in, what comes out. Think people, understand psychology - use for example curiosity, confidence, hierarchy. Think of scenarios that look so suspicious, that they don't look even suspicious because nobody expects something like that. The most important part of espionage is psychology, human behavior.

Greetings form China,
George

====================
Notice: I don't intend and I would never intend to commit any espionage or other activity punished or prosecuted by current U.S. and any other nation's law. The content of this post represents my humble opinion on a matter that is in no way related to my personal or professional activity. No part of this post should be used in order to violate or breach national or international law in any form, nor is the author responsible for any action resulting based on this post by criminal figures.
====================

edit on 13/10/12 by absente because: editing

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You guys are thinking too small...

Why would it need to be remote controlled?

Make it so it will fly itself...

Hook it up to a MCU, GPS, and a gyroscope, set up some waypoints over Area51, and then have it return to a predetermined landing spot after it has completed its journey, to retrieve the video, or build it from a cheap android phone which includes a GPS, and a gyroscope(Most do).. Then just have it transmit the video signal over the internet. But good luck getting a cell signal in the desert.

With some advanced programming, you could even make it radio-free... using only airspeed, direction(via compass), and a gyroscope. Then transmit collected video when safely out-side the restricted zone.

If it is small enough I wouldn't think it would even get picked up by a radar. Even weather balloons need a reflector to get detected on radar.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill

Originally posted by tones
you're talking 20+ miles from the legal area where u can be to the actual base, with mountains

so no

an RC plane would not reach the base

First-person view (FPV) flight is a type of remote-control flying that has grown in popularity in recent years. It involves mounting a small video camera and analog television transmitter on an RC aircraft and flying by means of a live video down-link, commonly displayed on video goggles or a portable LCD screen. When flying FPV, the pilot sees from the aircraft's perspective, and does not even have to look at the model. As a result, FPV aircraft can be flown well beyond visual range, limited only by the range of the remote control and video transmitter. Video transmitters typically operate at a power level between 200 mW and 1500 mW. The most common frequencies used for video transmission are 900 MHz, 1.2 GHz, 2.4 GHz, and 5.8 GHz.[5] Specialized long-range UHF control systems operating at 433 MHz (for amateur radio licensees only) or 869 MHz[5] are commonly used to achieve greater control range, while the use of directional, high-gain antennas increases video range. Sophisticated setups are capable of achieving a range of 20–30 miles or more

Wiki

Nice fact check.

I really want one of these. The possibilities are endless. Obviously the IDF and usa have perfected this technology and have heard that they have fleets of highspeed pov fighter craft. These craft can pull excess of 15g well beyond any human capability.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If i was going to try something like that i would not fly something in but use a desert tortoise robot with a small solar panel to recharge the system.

It might take weeks to get close but once close you could set it to watch for weeks or months.

And it would not show on radar or make a lot of noise. and once in place likely it would be unseen plus the military has rules about molesting desert tortoises on there bases so most people out there would stay clear of what looked like a alive desert tortoise.
xenophilius.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
looking good one.I Use Mini Cessna RC.The Mini Cessna RC plane is relatively small – wing span of 540mm, but large at heart. This model is agile and will perform all kinds of aerobatic stunts and tricks.
Regards
helen
Nitrotek

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
AREA 51, in my opinion, end-products subterfuge and conundrum, which when consorted together, tells us we have a discommodious government only further perplexing the truth and a conspicuity-ruled situation that is already decades-in on conspiracy discussion, leaving me to conclude that AREA 51 is probably nothing more than just a proxy designed to further-lapse the branch of the knowledge, to keep conspiracy portfolio's open, and to have anti-NWO-tivists screaming at something that just isn't there.
edit on 27-11-2012 by MSick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

my word dude

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Instead of flying something over Area 51, why don't say 20,000 people just storm the base, i doubt they can stop everyone

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hoffe, Sie wollen difs Art von Informationen zu erhalten. Jetzt Remote Controlled Jet Planes sind in der Regel durch die Größe des Rotors kategorisiert. RcJets mit größeren Rotoren sind in der Regel schneller und teurer. Denn sie haben eine größere Batterie, stärkeren Motor und die Radio Remote Controlled Jet-Flugzeuge ist auch größer.
edit on 24-12-2012 by judithangels because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
You'll prob be classified as a UFO. Footage of the "strange" craft at Roswell will end up here and people will argue over whether it is a drop of rain or the return of the Anunaki. All the while ignoring the truth that it was a secret man made craft

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Im sure this will be fully possible, just after your RC airplane breach the perimeter and it has been dusted by rockets or firepower.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
While they're likely to spot a plane, what about a RC car? It wouldn't get as much footage, but it would be really hard to detect.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Not possible, they will shoot you down.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join