It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain 'to say US should bomb Syria'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

John McCain 'to say US should bomb Syria'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The US should bomb the Syrian army to stop attacks on cities and carve out "safe havens" for rebel fighters, Senator John McCain is expected to say on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/5/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Title Fix

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This psycopath baby murderer should be put behind bars ASAP. Save civilians killing thousands other civilians? How insane does that sound to you? Are we seeing Lybia all over again? Will this madness ever stop? Gosh! I'm really tired of all this! This world became a zoo ran by nuts!
How far we need to go to put an end to it? In this pace, the world we will left to our children, will be nothing but ashes, and destruction!

www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler

John McCain

www.telegraph.co.uk

The US should bomb the Syrian army to stop attacks on cities and carve out "safe havens" for rebel fighters, Senator John McCain is expected to say on Monday.

McCain hasn't said this yet. Let's wait until he actually delivers this speech -- if he does.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

If someone says they are going to kill an innocent person, isn't that pre-meditated and a stricter crime??

This guy needs to be imprisoned before one of our idiot leaders agree and follow through!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
People are guilty for this ...electing this scumbag two times in Kongress and 4 times in Senat

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What is it with McCain? He is up to his eyeballs with the Libya thing. He is the most vocal Republican in relation to Syria and Iran.

He has shadow government written all over him. They seem to be grooming Rubio as well.
edit on 5-3-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What will Iran have to say if we start bombing their buddy?

Just a little longer bofore tshtf.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by thecrippler

John McCain

www.telegraph.co.uk

McCain hasn't said this yet. Let's wait until he actually delivers this speech -- if he does.

Yesss he has....

McCain said, "the United States should lead an international effort to protect key population centers in Syria, especially in the north, through airstrikes on Assad's forces."

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
What is it with McCain? He is up to his eyeballs with the Libya thing. He is the most vocal Republican in relation to Syria and Iran.

He has shadow government written all over him. They seem to be grooming Rubio as well.
edit on 5-3-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

Be careful, McCain will play the cripple card on you or conjure up another "Gee Whiz Great Pick" VP running mate.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
"...especially in the north...". Am I missing something here?? There was an uprising in homms and the surrounding area which was pushed back. There is no uprising in the north yet!!! Q the Kurds!! With arms smuggled in from turkey. Oh man, what a world.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
John McCain eats and sleeps war. I think having been a prisoner of war in Vietnam has made him too eager to use our military to satisfy his appetite to settle the score within his own mind.
(

'

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
In a later statement, McCain stated:

"The only way to pay for this is more tax cuts for billionaires and Wall Street."

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

lmao his motives are clear.

It gets me so hot seeing how much of a % i pay in taxes in my little 37k salary, then reading about mark z. etc. paying less taxes then me. (ratios guys, no need to flame)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It is time to bomb Syria, Yesterday word have been better though. Innocents or being killed daily. time to mess up another insane leaders face.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Unfortunetly innocents die everywhere every second. Your statement seems ill-informed and even more war-mongering than Macains. Which will kill even more innocents.,....by the way rebels with guns aren`t innocent.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Yesss he has....

McCain said, "the United States should lead an international effort to protect key population centers in Syria, especially in the north, through airstrikes on Assad's forces."

I was responding to the source article linked in the OP which stated:

"The US should bomb the Syrian army to stop attacks on cities and carve out safe havens for rebel fighters, Senator John McCain is EXPECTED to say on Monday.

The Republican candidate for the presidency in 2008 will become the first senior figure in US politics to call publicly for military intervention in Syria, according to a COPY of a speech obtained by The Cable, a foreign policy blog.

Mr McCain WILL tell the Senate that America must secure the downfall of President Bashar al-Assad. 'Providing military assistance to the Free Syrian Army and other opposition groups is necessary, but at this late hour, that alone will not be sufficient to stop the slaughter and save innocent lives. The only realistic way to do so is with foreign air power,' he will tell the Senate.

The US air force should 'suppress enemy air defences in at least part of the country,' with aim of creating safe havens where 'opposition forces can organise and plan their political and military activities against Assad,' he WILL add.

Mr McCain is EXPECTED to say: 'The kinds of mass atrocities that Nato intervened in Libya to prevent in Benghazi are now a reality in Homs. Indeed, Syria today is the scene of some of the worst state-sponsored violence since Milosevic's war crimes in the Balkans, or Russia's annihilation of the Chechen city of Grozny.'"

The article was very clear that McCain had NOT YET delivered the speech.

Is the youtube video you posted from today's (05 Mar 2012) speech?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

The video that is posted on this thread is the headlines on the news channels right now here in europe so I guess it was just made today.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
reply to post by AuranVector

The video that is posted on this thread is the headlines on the news channels right now here in europe so I guess it was just made today.

Thanks, Ranong. The youtube video was uploaded by 7even78 on 05 Mar 2012 (Monday) yesterday.

I googled "mccain's speech to congress 05 Mar 2012" and came up with nothing. I have not check the news sites yet.

In any case, everyone knows McCain is plugged into the MIC (military industrial complex). You would think that the Western countries would be exhausted by the prospect of more war at this point. Especially since an attack on Iran appears to be imminent.

But it seems the MIC is never too tired to make more money.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
When I saw this yesterday I was stunned.

The audacity of this old windbag war-monger standing up before the American people and trying to make the case that we should involve ourselves in yet another conflict is just mind-boggling.

Does he think we give a rat's ass about Syria? Does he think we can afford it? Does he think this is the most pressing of matters before the U.S. right now?

He's delusional. Or demented. The good people of Arizona ought to launch a recall , clearly he has lost his mental faculties and is no longer competent.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
- NO NO NO!!
- John McCain .. I appreciate your service and sacrifice for the USA .. but you need to RETIRE.
- Saudi Arabia is Syrias neighbor. Let them deal with it. They have the airpower if needed.

edit on 3/6/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join