It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassin's Creed III looks awesome!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A new installment in what is perhaps one of the greatest video game series will be released October 31, 2012. Assassin’s Creed’s youtube account posted a trailer for the new game as can be viewed below. What makes this game even better is that it takes place during the American Revolution.

"Assassin's Creed III is the true next generation of both the Assassin's Creed brand and interactive entertainment/storytelling in general. We will push the title a lot because it's a fantastic product that the team has been working on for three years. What we have seen is just fabulous."

Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO.

Source

Assassin's Creed III is powered by Ubisoft-AnvilNext, a revolutionary new game engine that delivers breakthroughs in visual quality, character models and artificial intelligence. Assassin's Creed III will feature a ground-breaking level of stunning graphics that bring Colonial America to life.

Set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the late 18th century, Assassin's Creed III introduces a new hero, Ratohnaké:ton, of Native American and English heritage. Adopting the name Connor, he becomes the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars.

Players become an Assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny in the most stylized and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date. Assassin's Creed III spans the Revolutionary War, taking gamers from the vibrant, untamed frontier to bustling colonial towns and the intense, chaotic battlefields where George Washington's Continental Army clashed with the imposing British Army.

"Assassin's Creed III features the franchise's most expansive setting so far, along with an exciting new hero and exponentially more gameplay," said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. "Whether you're a longtime fan of Assassin's Creed or if you're new to the franchise, you're going to be blown away by the scale and marvel of Assassin's Creed III."

edit on 3/5/2012 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
2 words:

AWE SOME!

I was apprehensive about the setting... but giving the "assassin" a native american origin is just perfect.

Now the weird part is that... if hes fighting the "templars" still, he should be against masons also, which puts him in collision course with George Washington. But he seems to favor him over the red coats...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hmm, do they have a longer version of the video trailer? That just seems sort of short and not enough for me to go out and buy it. Resident Evil looks better if you ask me. I don't know, this video didn't really show much.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wonder how or if they're gonna tie together the aliens, the 13.0.0.0.0 mayan calendar reference, and the masonic influence in colonial america.

this is gonna be the best game ever.
edit on 5-3-2012 by 4KAAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
YLOD
its been 6 months now

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I've been following the news of this game since I beat Revelations, and I must say I'm pumped for this next installment. It looks absolutely wonderful, and the setting being the American Revolution couldn't work better with the idea of the main character being half Native American half English. Although I think there is a typo in your OP as the the game is showing a release date on IGN of Oct. 30/2012.

IGN - Assassin's Creed 3

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

I don't mean to steal the thread away from Misoir but there is some other news from G4 at the link below, this may help answer some of those questions. I cannot wait as stated in my post above.

G4TV

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"
"ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل شيء مباح"
edit on 03/12/2010 by Jackasszilla because: Edited Link

edit on 03/12/2010 by Jackasszilla because: Re-edited Link

new topics

top topics

join