It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hypocrisy, actually, darkness of soul, the left is silent about Bill Maher's language

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

The whole argument is that entitled brats think other people should pay for their "healthcare" meaning birthcontrol for sexual acts.

LAUER: This issue has – has been described in different ways. It's been described as an issue of religious freedom, of women's health, of government intervention. How do you define it? FLUKE: I think this is about women's health. That's what it's always been about for me. And that's what it's about for the many, many Americans who are e-mailing me constantly, telling me how important it is to them. For them and for me, this is about accessible, affordable access to a basic health care service that prevents medical disasters and unplanned pregnancies. LAUER: As you know, the Senate rejected the Blunt Amendment on Thursday. Where do you see this issue going? FLUKE: Well, it is fantastic that the Blunt Amendment was defeated. Unfortunately there are still bills being discussed in both the House and the Senate, as well as in the legislatures of many, many states to restrict women's access to this important health care need. So unfortunately it doesn't seem like this is an argument that is over. LAUER
www.mrc.org...

everyone already has access, it's called the pharmacy ie riteaid, cvs etc....too bad if you have to pay for it yourself......not my problem or expense.
edit on 6-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

...It's known as a sin of omission.

I should look up the meaning of calumny to share....

One exception...

Maher has been called on his profaning Our Lord, he doesn't stop.

You all know me and my threads...

I am convicted, I talk of sins of omission and don't share God's great love to touch us all soon. An excerpt from private revelation and since it's Portuguese, reads like a translation. I love the first sentence.

No matter where you are spiritually, say "yes" when this happens....
How does it related to the thread topic? Mary's words give hope in this crazy time, people are divided. If you have a question about her message, ask me.

I explain a term....see below

colbe

darlychagasmessages.blogspot.com...

Message to Darly Chagas, a Brazilian seer

Sunday, January 11, 2012

...The Science of God is ruled by Himself, He commits no faults.

Everything God does is perfect, because He is above all else that may exist. God is humble, simple, is faithful.
God does not need to force His children to anything He likes that they recognize that are only happy if they remain faithful to Him.
God will give His Warning to the world for everyone to abandon permanently in His Hands, will seek what belongs to Him, not to punish but to sanctify after purification.
Purity is the most beautiful thing, pure is what is not mixed. The man's blood was contaminated by the poison of the serpent, as is now time to leave this world earth to the Eternity, God will purify the poisoned blood and cure, to enter into Eternity.
Those who defied Him to the point of not convert and continued insulting to Him, these will know their merit, know the weight of their challenges, they will go to the eternal punishment of Hell.
Never again will have part with God, will be unhappy forever, never will have a chance of Salvation.
The Warning of God will give the world's last chance to return to Him, is approaching the time, you remain attentive to His Voice.

Poor children, you will have to suffer to open the spiritual eyes and recognize that you are creatures and not the creator!
Only God is the Creator of all things visible and invisible in the eyes of the flesh. Now you will see with the eyes of the flesh and the spirit, the soul, the heart, so you are called to value the warnings that God put on earth through many messengers, My assistants, because the truth I am the Mediator* between heaven and earth to bring you the grace of God and take your appeals to Heaven.
Be ready to wait the hour when God will send through His Breath the Divine Spirit upon those who are His. He will become visible as the day of Holy Baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist, fulfilling the will of God the Father.
The whole world will see the consequences of their actions and suffer pain so severe as never felt it. No one can help anyone, this will be a moment of God with everyone....

* Jesus is the one mediator between God the Father and man and everyone who prays are subordinate mediators to Jesus, to God, it's Our Lord's desire. Mary is a special subordinate mediator. The Church teaches already, God, the Blessed Trinity has given Mary all graces to dispense as she wishes so the title ~ Mary is mediatrix of all graces. If you struggle with this, remember the Wedding at Cana. Mary makes a request of Our Lord, He loves to say yes to her. You can turn to her for help, she will help you.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm really trying to understand the US American culture for quite a while now.
Things like this make it so hard sometimes to undertstand you people.

Is this really a public controversy in the US?
If so, why is this even an issue and what has religion to do with this?

Maher is a comedian and Limbaugh is a journalist, right?

Are you saying your almighty god is too stupid to distinguish one from the other?

Please elaborate why this is so important to you, while other current problems are not.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

Are you saying your almighty god is too stupid to distinguish one from the other?

Please elaborate why this is so important to you, while other current problems are not.

It's difficult for me to answer you because I want rather shake you.
Imagine making such a comment and wanting a serious reply.

You're asking the wrong person. God created you and me so He isn't
"stupid!!~!"

You answered your own question but yours wasn't meant to be comic.

A "mean", "disrespectful", "vulgar" comment said in humor is still a "mean", "disrespectful", "vulgar" comment. Calling a lady or a prostitute that "word" is the same. It's vile.

Leftist won't admit so they use the excuse of a "public" person or the
journalist can't say something horrid but a comedian can...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
ColCurious,

Oops, I hit send before I could say...

God bless you and may the Two Hearts J+M keep you safe.

colbe

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I'm sorry if my wording somehow offended you.
My native language is german, so I guess this misunderstanding is due to translation.
I'm not sure why, but we often come across as being rude or too pragmatic.
I assure you, this was not my intention. My question was honestly motivated by curiosity.

Let me try again:

Do you distinguish between journalism and comedy at all?

What has this distinction to do with left- or right-leaning political orientation?

Why is religion even a factor in a somewhat political controversy, when the USA is a secular state?

And why is this whole matter so important in the first place, when we have much more urgent problems at our hands right now?
edit on 6-3-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I'm sorry if my wording somehow offended you.
My native language is german, so I guess this misunderstanding is due to translation.
I'm not sure why, but we often come across as being rude or too pragmatic.
I assure you, this was not my intention. My question was honestly motivated by curiosity.

Let me try again:

Do you distinguish between journalism and comedy at all?

What has this distinction to do with left- or right-leaning political orientation?
Why is religion even a factor in a somewhat political controversy, when the USA is a secular state?

And why is this whole matter so important in the first place, when we have much more urgent problems at our hands right now?
edit on 6-3-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

Nice explaining, thank you. My heritage is part German, hello ColCurious.

Rush and the left's Bill Maher, you have one group offended by another group's use of language. Liberals against conservatives. When the one complaining, liberals use far worse language, ignoring their own cursing and vulgarity! So...

Journalism, comedy, a "public" person are all used as excuses
to say that in certain situations you can be offensive, disrespectful.

The spiritual history of American is Protestant. But, you are correct,
the loss of faith, Catholic and Protestant, the U.S. is now
secular. There are still people of faith watching the U.S. turn totally
against God, knowing God is not going to put up with another four
years of a maximum pro-abort as their leader. That leader, Obama
thinks he can mandate something he has no right to do. Require
Insurance Companies to provide abortifaciants! Catholic employers would have to pay for them.

The entire basis for the disagreement is spiritual AND about loss of religious freedom. Both. People who say it's about a loss of freedom only are most likely using contraception. They don't want to look at what they're doing as offending God, a sin against God. In Germany it is the same I am sure.

The whole world is contracepting. Protestants fell away in 1930, accepting contraception. Catholic hierarchy remained silent mostly for
almost 50 years, since the "pill" and there's the fruit. Many Catholics
reject the teachings of the Church on Contraception.

You know why the matter is important? It's not about "choice", loss of freedom, it's about salvation, eternal salvation. Goes right over leftist's
heads. They do not think about their souls.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The older I get the more obvious the charade becomes. Rush and Maher are two players on the same team. They are tasked with creating division and sewing the seeds of hatred.

In light of the global awakening, their tactics, like those of other players, are becoming increasingly desperate and obvious. There negativity is dischordant with the human trait of cooperation.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wow, there is so much misinformation and hypocrisy going on in this thread...

First of all, Rush Limbaugh is NOT a journalist. He's an entertainer just like Jon Stewart or Bill Maher. Those of you excusing Maher for the things he's said and condemning Rush are being blatantly hypocritical. The left dismisses all their vitriolic hater mongers as comedians, because they think that gives them free reign to say hatever. Plus, the MSM agrees and doesn't ever make an issue of it.

For example, CNN had Bill Maher on 2 days after calling Palin a "dumb whore", and called him "Brilliant". Thats the kind of bias, partisan double standards you'll only find on the left.

m.newsbusters.org...

At the end of the interview, Spitzer unsurprisingly heaped praise on his guest: "Thank you so much for joining us. Your show is brilliant. I love watching it." Maher is used to getting this kind of treatment from CNN hosts, such as during his regular appearances on Larry King's program. It might be interesting to see if King's successor in the 9 pm Eastern block, Piers Morgan, would follow this model, given his debate with atheist Ricky Gervais in January 2011

What about guys like Ed Schultz who called Laura Ingram a slut? Nobody seemed to care much about that, since all his advertisers are still on board. Some of which left Rush's show. CNN even went to Ed's defense saying, "there are different interpretations of the word slut".

m.newsbusters.org...

Attempting to offer a defense of Ed Schultz, CNN's Randi Kaye told guest Howard Kurtz Thursday that "there are mixed interpretations" of the term "slut," which Schultz called conservative talk show host Laura Ingraham Thursday. Kaye also referred to Laura Ingraham's response to Schultz as "biting," proving that she possibly was harder on Ingraham than on tyrant Sadaam Hussein back in 2006.

so yes, there is a GLARING double standard. If you're a liberal attacking Republican women, you'll be defensed. If you're a Republican calling attacking liberal women, you'll be attacked and demonized by the mass media, along with their willing lemmings.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by colbe

Bill Maher is on HBO and can say whatever he wants.

Rush has a syndicated news radio program, therefore must subcribe the regulations of broadcasting etc..

It's a PC issue.

Nothing to do with the left or right.

~Tenth

To be honest Tenth, I expected more of you than this.

I do not "subscribe" to HBO due to the fact money I would pay to watch movies would be used to cover Maher's HBO salary. Some may feel this is a "PC" issue, but to me he's just another foul mouth individual dressed as a comedian. Calling a woman a c*** on a nationally syndicated program ain't got nothing to do with comedy!!!

It is nothing more than proof of the tolerated hypocrisy in the media today. No more, no less.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Bottom line is this Maher has no sponsors if Rush has an issue move to XM or go to cable himself, just like Howard Stern did. Its HBO no sponsors, no commercials. Do you know what shows come on late night on HBO? Rush has to deal with sponsors if they choose not to support him this on them. Its not a left right issue or a hypocrisy issue.

Stop trying to compare the two doesn't matter whose a comedian or entertainer or what they represent. They cater to two different venues one has to deal with national sponsors who need to be PC, the other has no such restrictions.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Rush is an idiot. What is more offensive to me is not him calling the woman a slut, a prostitute, demanding to see her sex tapes, etc etc etc.

Its that he gives men a bad name. He doesn't know how birth control works. He thinks that everytime you have sex, you need to take a birth control pill.
Its...sad really.
Yes, shock jocks say wild things to get a rise out of people. Stern, Limbaugh, they are the same...say a bunch of controversial stuff to get listeners talking about you. Eventually many shock jocks go that step too far and lose sponsorship, thereby being forced to retire to the internet (beck). but otherwise...ya..its what they do.

Is Bill fine for calling Sarah a C word? well, first off, lets compare apples to apples. Bill is closer to someone like Ted Nugent, whom will call Obama a N.... Olbernmann is closer to Rush (or hannity). Or Air America, when it was on is on the same level as him..and they dont use such words.

I stopped watching Bill, not because I disagree with his stances mind you...hell, I agree with most of him. But frankly, Daily Show is far more eloquent and amusing than he is. He is just a bit of a rabid liberal (and this is coming from a liberal).

Cursing in general is a tool used to bring home a point..used very infrequently it can seem quite appropriate and powerful. Used too often and the person simply seems stupid and its filler for an unthinking and uncreative mind.

But in saying that. I know what a slut is. I know what a prostitute is. those are definitely traits that are clear of intent. I don't, however, know what a ...cant...is. I know its a curse word...but it doesn't actually say anything..super bish or something perhaps..that word, though admittedly very harsh, is a sort of meaningless word used for shock and shock alone without giving any clear picture as to the issue with the target...so, its a pointless insult. I would venture to say that being called a slut, which means you will sleep with anyone at any time without standards, limitations, morals, etc is far more offensive, and thereby offensive a word, as being called something totally void of any actual meaning beyond "shock".

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
Bottom line is this Maher has no sponsors if Rush has an issue move to XM or go to cable himself, just like Howard Stern did. Its HBO no sponsors, no commercials. Do you know what shows come on late night on HBO? Rush has to deal with sponsors if they choose not to support him this on them. Its not a left right issue or a hypocrisy issue.

Yeah man, its just a huge coincidence that this double standard always falls around left/right political lines.

The issues here are the media working with a certain political party to silence dissent and the media inconsistently applying their manufacturing of outrage. When left wing media pundits call people sluts, the MSM defends them. It's a completely different response.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Oh, well if George Will says it, than it must be true!

Rush Limbaugh is just a man with a radio show. He is not the republican party, sure maybe some in the party agree with him all I am trying to tell you is that how the media portrays us is not how we all are and not how we all think.

He is just a man with a radio show, he doesn't represent me, my friends or anybody in the party that I know. Do you understand that he is simply an entertainment outlet? Some people listen to him simply because he is nuts and they want to hear what he will say next.

If you want to believe that every republican thinks just like rush, be my guest but I can't help but point out how you are incorrect.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
OK. So for people trying to compare Bill Maher with Rush.

The difference lies with what they portray themselves to be. Bill Maher does not portray himself as having Morals or even being an authority in politics. He is a comedian.

Rush Limbaugh on the other hand portrays himself as being morally superior and and also an authority on politics.

So the only hypocrisy here is Limbaugh for not living up to the morally superior image that he portrays the right as being and expects the left to live up to. He's a loser.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

No I think it shows how when the right gets hammered for their idiocy they always try to find something on the left that equals their stupidity but they grab at straws as usual. Guess they couldn't find any viable targets so they go with a comedian on HBO yeah that's apples to apples.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Rush Limbaugh gives speeches at Republican conventions. The Republican party believes so much in him that they actually pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars to have him give a speech for them. So he is not just a man with a radio program but rather someone with enough political clout to warrant the huge sums he demands just for showing up. Truthfully if Democrats were to pay him more he would switch sides. Because he's in it for the money and no other reason. So the only way to get to him would be to hit him in the pocket book.

The left so far have been successful in that. How many sponsors has he lost?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This is and yet at the same time isn't American Culture. It is artificial outrage sensationalized by media and "chosen" religious leaders. It is distraction first and foremost from REAL issues, but it is red meat for partisan hacks on both sides of the polarized spectrum.

It's a game played with oblivious participants voicing opinions most likely not of their own and blindsided to real events and problems that effect the whole and not isolated (by their own hands) fanatics. American "culture" is quite diverse, but don't mistaken pop culture pushed by the elites and their tools (all mediums), to real culture.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The uproar over Rush using the term "slut" and "prostitute."

Bill Maher calls Sarah Palin the vilest of words on his national T.V. program. I won't say it, you can look it up.

Share other examples, I heard on tape today, two of them. The Godless left, they are the walking dead. Take a moment and say a prayer for their conversion.

and I will say a prayer for God to grant you some common sense when comparing apples to oranges with Sarah Palin a would be power broker who is widely know because of her use of publicity in her quest to gain power vs. a private citizen expressing concerns about governmental policy.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Your "dark" excuse, the word Bill Maher used for Sarah Palin on national
T.V.
is sickening, so much worse than "slut" or "prostitute" and you're fine with it.

A premium for-pay channel is NOT "national tv".

Think of HBO as a private club, and radio as a public park.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join