It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hypocrisy, actually, darkness of soul, the left is silent about Bill Maher's language

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Yes, you are correct, the Republicans should have stayed on topic but they can't. They have been taken over by the religious right and must confront this issue to maintain the approval of that group.

But that's how a distraction works. The Dems knew if they brought up anything controversial ( ie. contraception) the Republicans would have to talk about it, defend it and go off topic. Rush was just icing on the cake.

Brilliant strategy by the Dems!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

How is this the Dems fault when Republicans brought it up in their proposals to outlaw it before any of this Catholic Hospital stuff even came up?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

In none of my posts have I placed blame. On the contrary, I am giving praise to the Dems! This was basically a non issue and very few, if any, were concerned about it. In fact, everyone was concerned with the economy and outlawing ObamaCare. If you go back, you'll see that ObamaCare was losing support because of the revised costs associated with the plan. Very little discussion in the mainstream about contraception, mostly about the cost.

So, how to change this fact?

Make it a women's health issue, not a economical issue! Do you see the change in strategy? Do you remember the press conference? They(the Dems) changed the focus and used the religious right against the Republicans, thus backing them into a corner.

Again, no blame, just great strategy.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
reply to post by LErickson

In none of my posts have I placed blame. On the contrary, I am giving praise to the Dems!

Either way is attributing responsibility to the wrong party. No matter how you couch it, you are wrong. Republicans made it an issue by trying to re-legislate it, not Democrats for pointing it out.

This was basically a non issue and very few, if any, were concerned about it. In fact, everyone was concerned with the economy and outlawing ObamaCare. If you go back, you'll see that ObamaCare was losing support because of the revised costs associated with the plan. Very little discussion in the mainstream about contraception, mostly about the cost.

Until Republicans started talking about how they want to outlaw it. Why are you lying to me?

So, how to change this fact?

Make it a women's health issue, not a economical issue! Do you see the change in strategy? Do you remember the press conference? They(the Dems) changed the focus and used the religious right against the Republicans, thus backing them into a corner.

Again, no blame, just great strategy.

When the Republicans went after birth control, they made it an issue.

Basically you are telling me that murderers are not bad and do nothing wrong but the cops that catch them really need to stop because no one really cared until someone spoke up and went after the murderer. Just love the murder and shut up.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread but figured it meritted it here...

Seems like the hypocrisy is coming to a head... Obama is getting hit up by these Women groups against Maher and against the BLATANT hypocrisy of the liberal media.

Women Group presses obama on Limbaugh and Maher double standard

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

For the 10th time, this is a lie. George Stephonopolis in a debate in January asked Mitt Romney about Contraception. The liberal anti-life left want to make it a campaign issue to falsely put out there those who are
for life are going to take your supposed right to kill the children in your
womb. Contraception is a form of abortion.

And how did this being asked three months ago force Rush Limbaugh (for example) to make a huge media spectacle over this?

I still say "Obama ruined the economy" and "Obamacare stinks" are the best talking points for the GOP.

However, if you want to go with "Contraception is a form of abortion"--good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Plus Bill Maher was being factualy correct.

And as such what he said should be fully supported. Pretty common word here in our country, dunno what the fuss is about in America.

Ooops and apologies now for not reinforcing the left right paradigm.

Go Blue and or Red Team!!!! Both supported by the same vested corporate interests yay!!!!!!
edit on 14-3-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Seems like the hypocrisy is coming to a head... Obama is getting hit up by these Women groups against Maher and against the BLATANT hypocrisy of the liberal media.

These women groups? There's one listed--the right wing Christian Concerned Women for America. This cuts both ways: If they're so concerned about misogyny why didn't they say anything about Rush's comments? Or why didn't they speak out against Maher before this? It's all politics. It's a coordinated effort by the GOP to prop up Maher as a target in order to distract from the Limbaugh fiasco.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

For the 10th time, this is a lie. George Stephonopolis in a debate in January asked Mitt Romney about Contraception. The liberal anti-life left want to make it a campaign issue to falsely put out there those who are
for life are going to take your supposed right to kill the children in your
womb. Contraception is a form of abortion.

And how did this being asked three months ago force Rush Limbaugh (for example) to make a huge media spectacle over this?

I still say "Obama ruined the economy" and "Obamacare stinks" are the best talking points for the GOP.

However, if you want to go with "Contraception is a form of abortion"--good luck with that.

Rush didn't do anything, he was commenting on the national uproar
and rejection of Obama's evil mandate. Here you go...the latest....

It's come out today, written into Obama Care is a surcharge of $1.00
to fund abortion.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

These women groups? There's one listed--the right wing Christian Concerned Women for America. This cuts both ways: If they're so concerned about misogyny why didn't they say anything about Rush's comments? Or why didn't they speak out against Maher before this? It's all politics. It's a coordinated effort by the GOP to prop up Maher as a target in order to distract from the Limbaugh fiasco.

It doesn't "cut both ways." Conservative women do not resort to calling Maher a XXXX.

Maher's attacks Our Lord, women and now the people of Alabama and Mississippi. From Maher's twitter:

"Toothless Tuesday too tightly to tally! We're gathered around the magic picture box with a bowl of grits watching the returns come in."

www.drudgereport.com...

Finally, you have to figure it out. Go toward the good, your soul is at stake.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Rush didn't do anything,

Other than spend three days accusing women who use birth control of being s***s. That's why the right is frantically trying to shift attention to Maher. Maher would not now be an issue without Rush's tirade. It's all politics.

It doesn't "cut both ways."

Yes it does. If you're going to claim liberals are hypocrites for not criticizing Maher, then Concerned Women For America is hypocritical for not criticizing Rush for his language. And CWFA had NOTHING to say about Maher until this obviously coordinated effort to elevate Maher into some kind of spokesmen for the left who has the same prominence as Rush.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Other than spend three days accusing women who use birth control of being s***s. That's why the right is frantically trying to shift attention to Maher. Maher would not now be an issue without Rush's tirade. It's all politics.

Interesting to hear Bill's comment: "I am a potty mouth. If I offended women everywhere, I'm sorry" But he's a comic...and he defends Rush's right to free speech without being shut down. Bill knows - he's been there and done that.

Rush fancies himself the voice of the Right. Guess those chickens come home to roost now and again.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join