It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hypocrisy, actually, darkness of soul, the left is silent about Bill Maher's language

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by colbe

TextThe uproar over Rush using the term "slut" and "prostitute."

Its simple,’ rush whatever' will never, and has never been respected by true humans of this earth, maybe the racist humans, but surly not the real humans of this world. I’m so glad the sponsors are pulling away from such a trashy person such as...that!

Every body loves and respect BILL, he speaks the truth and his jokes are aimed at both the republicans and democrats, he isn’t one sided like fox news, Alex Jones, or the like of…this rush character.

Kinda prejudiced fella. You love a man who mocks Jesus Christ?

Good luck to you.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

It's really too much to get into on this thread...but I do not believe in health insurance, except catastrophic...similiar to the way house and car insurance covers people.

Everyday medical care should be a responsibility like rent, food and transportation. Get rid of health insurance companies and deal with your Drs directly, free market competition...prices will come down.

This country has gotten so used to luxuries, everyone thinks their needs should be met by the government...way out of whack.
edit on 12-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

That's like using the "raped" issue to defend abortion...to throw everyone off and make them look hateful of women.

It's an illogical argument and doesn't work.

The instances of bc for health are low....an Dr's can prescribe hormone pills.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Either they were both wrong or they were both right.....you can't have it both ways.

Defending freedom of speech also means defending speech that offends you.

There was no slander from either of them....just 2 guys being big a$$es..and in America that is allowed.

It is just the msm trying to take our attention away from the important screwups from this administration.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
even though I don't like either Bill or Rush they both should have freedom of speech imo

Course nowdays only anonymous gets freedom of speech anymore.

as per my favorite ever quote that I use as a personal motto

"True freedom of speech, even offensive, is achieved in it's greatest form in anonymity. "

problem this country has is "political correctness" it's the 'newspeak' of the novel 1984 in my opinion.

The political correct crowd should be tar and feathered and removed from media and public offices.

Imus should have never got in trouble over "nappy headed hoes"
Just like Howard Stern never got in trouble for "n*gger hating hats" song he played non stop in the late 90's

The political correct movement has got this stick up their collective butts that they need to redefine words to mean other stuff, like the word homophobe no longer means what it really is. Phobia = fear of NOT hate. Yet political correct shills want to redefine words and limit words meanings to further dumb everyone down.

There is no individualism without prejudices and biases. The first thing we are taught as a child is everyone is "special" if we all thought alike there would be no geniuses, no challenges, without strife there is no motivation to make change.

Problem is political correct movement wants to guide and redefine the very words we speak including the very thoughts we have to fit their mold.

To hell with political correctness, and even though I may not like Rush or Bill they should be able to say anything they want, from racist to hateful if they so wish. Because we have the freedom of choice to listen or not.

If I enjoy racial jokes from comedians or offensive Jimmy Carr "rape" jokes that's my freedom, another person may find it horribly offensive, but that person has the freedom to not listen. They do not have the freedom to stop them from speaking or saying what they wish.

I myself am a bigot in some ways, and by the actual definition I am not a homophobe but I am an arachnaphobe even though I don't care for gays, but spiders scare the hell out of me...

Political correctness should be ignored and done away with cause it creates the biggest travesty of liberty by redefining our language to further dumb people down and force everyone to think alike so we all fall in line like sheep and we all get offended by 1 word and they can use that to force their agenda in media, politics, public speaking, radio, internet sites, etc.

to break with political correctness, I feel the movement should be hung, and/or dragged through the city streets until the movement is dead.

So we can wake up and enjoy individualism, and applaud that we all think for ourself, from the racists, to the antisemitic from the anti-gay to the anarchists... it takes every version of moral and ethic and lack thereof that defines as wholly as the human race.

without individualism we are just animals fattened for slaughter, milked for taxes until ran dry then left for dead while they even force a death tax on us.

Next time someone tries to force you to be political correct, give them the finger or tell them to go intercourse with themself.

Rush was perfecly ok saying what he wants, if you don't like it, don't listen. And as great George Carlin once said Slander is a trap of the P.C. idiots.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Well put

Applause for you!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
My point is the word "XXXX" is not in the dictionary because it is vile.

So much bull# in your posts. The "C" word is in the dictionary my grandmother gave me in 1987. I found it in every online dictionary search. Why lie? You must be because there is no way you just got something so easy to check wrong.

Proof, what Bill Maher said is so much worse than Rush. I rest my case.

You just made up that proof and it is verifiably not true.

Leftists are hypocrites for their protest of Rush.

Righties are hypocrites for a whole lot of things but this is not about leftists lefties or any of that. It is about Rush.
You just want it to be about something else so that he goes blameless for what he actually did. So much for personally responsibility. "It is the lefts fault and Bill Maher made me do it!!!!"

And here is something beyond vile, it's on record, Maher mocks Jesus Christ who is God our Savior.

That is probably very offensive to you. Boycott his sponsors.

God bless you LErickson,

colbe

I doubt it.
-Lilly.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
even though I don't like either Bill or Rush they both should have freedom of speech imo

Freedom of speech does not equal the right to a corporate sponsored national radio show.
Show me that in the constitution.
Rush can say whatever he wants and the free market can make it expensive for him to do so.
Get your rhetoric straight.
You want the government to force companies to sponsor him now?

There are plenty of lefties that left national radio for satelite so they can avoid sponsor crap like this. Nothing is stopping Rush from making that his sole platform as well. He can also write books and get online and do all kinds of things. Not being sponsored for his show is not a right protected against anywhere in anything written by anyone.
edit on 12-3-2012 by LErickson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

Originally posted by DelMarvel

It was an abosolutely brilliant move, they took the focus off of their percieved weakness and put universal health care/contraception/women's health in the spotlight. Doesn't look like they need the OWSers anymore so that movement will go to the wayside.

And how exactly did the Democrats get Rush Limbaugh to spend three days calling a young woman a s****?

They didn't have to do anything but let Rush be Rush. This is all just a smoke screen to get the voters talking about something other than actual issues affecting the nation. The Republican party has been hijacked by the religious right and the Dems can use this to their advantage.

So, to answer your question, the Dems didn't get him to say it, he did it all by himself.

My personal theory is that Rush is actually a Democrat making the Republicans look like complete idiots...maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part hoping that the Republicans aren't, actually, idiots.

Really, So your belief is that Rush is really a democrat in disguise trying to make the Republicans look bad? How about the crazy republicans making the average republicans look bad? Blind partisanship is reached a new level. With this type of thinking no one can be held accountable for their actions because it's just a conspiracy from the other side.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Settle down. I said it was wishful thinking. Geez, why are we so wrapped around what Mahr and Limbaugh say? Again, my posts concern the Dems attempt to distract us with contraception while the real issues are ignored. Politics is a game in which each party tries to grab and hold on to power, the sooner you realize this, the better off you'll be.

If folks had jobs and we had a better economy, would we really need to be concerned with universal healthcare and contraception?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Personally I couldn't care less what those two think. The only people outraged by either comments obviously have no clue about the real shape of our republic and the issues and limits happening globally. The world is changing and the same old problem solving will not do. These two goons are nothing but bread and circus.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I agree with your statement and have nothing to add.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If Rush goes Bill Maher has to go..simple as that.Stop being hypocrits with this stuff people.The left wing is wreckless to be this onesided with issues like this.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
If Rush goes Bill Maher has to go..simple as that.Stop being hypocrits with this stuff people.The left wing is wreckless to be this onesided with issues like this.

What?
No one is making Rush go anywhere. His sponsors are leaving him. That is the free market. He is still free to get a show on HBO.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Again, my posts concern the Dems attempt to distract us with contraception while the real issues are ignored.

And once again, it's not the Democrats but the Republicans who are going off message with contraception. You've got Rush spending three days calling women who use contraception s***s; you have Santorum, a leading GOP candidate, saying that states should have the right to outlaw contraception completely.

The Republicans should have stayed on message: "Keep the government out of contraception; the government shouldn't pay for it, it shouldn't force Catholics to pay for it AND it shouldn't interfere or make moral judgments about any woman who chooses to use it."

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Couldve pretty much ended this thread after the first reply lol....

a grasp at straws.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

Rush deals with the public airwaves...be interesting if anyone would listen if they had to pay, like I do for Maher.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

Can you fill me in on what Rush said that insulted the entire female gender? I am only aware of him insulting one particular person named Sandra Fluke who had testified in a unofficial congressional hearing that she was having a lot of sex in college and couldn't afford contraception so was worried about becoming pregnant.

She never said anything like that.

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Again, my posts concern the Dems attempt to distract us with contraception while the real issues are ignored.

And once again, it's not the Democrats but the Republicans who are going off message with contraception. You've got Rush spending three days calling women who use contraception s***s; you have Santorum, a leading GOP candidate, saying that states should have the right to outlaw contraception completely.

The Republicans should have stayed on message: "Keep the government out of contraception; the government shouldn't pay for it, it shouldn't force Catholics to pay for it AND it shouldn't interfere or make moral judgments about any woman who chooses to use it."

For the 10th time, this is a lie. George Stephonopolis in a debate in January asked Mitt Romney about Contraception. The liberal anti-life left want to make it a campaign issue to falsely put out there those who are
for life are going to take your supposed right to kill the children in your
womb. Contraception is a form of abortion.

They're doing it for votes and to defend BHO's stupid decision, his
liberty stealing mandate. They can't talk about Obama's record for
three years. Nor can they shout out to the world, abortion is part of their
platform! How horrid.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

For the 10th time, this is a lie. George Stephonopolis in a debate in January asked Mitt Romney about Contraception.

Why did he ask him about it? Could it be all the Republicans trying to make it an issue?

The liberal anti-life left want to make it a campaign issue to falsely put out there those who are
for life are going to take your supposed right to kill the children in your
womb. Contraception is a form of abortion.

Then so are nocturnal emissions.

See you in Hell!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join