It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

hypocrisy, actually, darkness of soul, the left is silent about Bill Maher's language

page: 11
14
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
And all I can say to this is, "Bravo, DNC! We are no longer talking about high gas prices, unemployment, wars, deficits, and foreclosures. No, now we are arguing over Rush Limbaugh's statement over a woman who wants free birth control. Again, bravo, you have wagged the dog."

It's no longer about jobs and the economy, it's about women's health. If you vote Republican, women will die. Genius, pure genius!


I'm confused, are you blaming the democrats because of something that Rush and fanatical Christians have made a fuss about? I agree these topics, though important, are side issues when compared to the major problems that need to be talked about and given a solution to (some which you touched base on). Personally I think this whole rep/dem side show is the real wag the dog.




posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms
 


I'm not blaming the Dems, I'm congratulating them on a great move to take our attention away from actual issues. The price of gasoline is going up and up and up, but our attention is on Rush Limbaugh and contraception. Rush and the Republican candidates played right into their hands and gave them a talking point for their convention and the rest of the election.

No longer will this election be focused on the economy or world affairs, it will be focused on Health Care and women's health. A few months ago, the approval rating for "Obama"care was low, but now, we need it or women will die.

It was an abosolutely brilliant move, they took the focus off of their percieved weakness and put universal health care/contraception/women's health in the spotlight. Doesn't look like they need the OWSers anymore so that movement will go to the wayside.

The only blame I can see is the weakness of the Republican candidates, unless they are just a ruse and the real candidate will be chosen at a "contested" convention. That would be a huge move on their part and might get them in the Whitehouse.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick
 


Well I agree this is all nonsense and used mostly to distract us from the real issues. I know this however, the ones with the real power to move and shake things don't consider themselves liberal or conservative, but instead use both DNC and GOP to distract and divide because it benefits them. Their party label is one of secrecy, privilege and exclusivity. I just hope that WE as citizens eventually wake up and realize the good cop/bad cop routine.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Originally posted by Feltrick
And all I can say to this is, "Bravo, DNC! We are no longer talking about high gas prices, unemployment, wars, deficits, and foreclosures. No, now we are arguing over Rush Limbaugh's statement over a woman who wants free birth control. Again, bravo, you have wagged the dog."

It's no longer about jobs and the economy, it's about women's health. If you vote Republican, women will die. Genius, pure genius!


I'm confused, are you blaming the democrats because of something that Rush and fanatical Christians have made a fuss about? I agree these topics, though important, are side issues when compared to the major problems that need to be talked about and given a solution to (some which you touched base on). Personally I think this whole rep/dem side show is the real wag the dog.


I must remind again, it was the left (George Steph.) who brought up contraception in an early debate with a question about contraception for Romney that took him by surprise.

The left can't defend "abortion" outright or speak of BHO's accomplishments so they have made an issue of another immorality, taking a life by contraception.

Imagine, saying it is a right, a liberty. Their hopes are to win votes claiming conservatives are going to take away a woman's right to decide life. Science (leftist's authority) shows the "pill" is an abortifacient and taking a stronger "pill" to assure death, the "morning after pill."

We, I should say, humanity didn't put the baby there, God did. It is His choice. He created sex.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The one thing I do find interesting about birth control, personally, is that the one method of it which never seems to be brought up, is abstinence.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
The one thing I do find interesting about birth control, personally, is that the one method of it which never seems to be brought up, is abstinence.


Thank you petrus. It's a dark time, hardly any faith. People do not see
why contraception is wrong.

Sharing a positive writing, there are a few. Way to go Jeff Kuhner.


www.washingtontimes.com...

Jeffrey Kuhner

Washington Times

March 8, 2012

..."The national debate on contraception is so disconnected from reality that it would be laughable if the consequences were not so tragic. The claim that Republicans are preventing women from access to birth control is risible. Condoms, the morning-after pill, oral contraceptives - they can be purchased almost anywhere (local grocery stores, pharmacies, giant retail outlets, public bathrooms). Planned Parenthood gives them away. Nine out of 10 health plans already cover contraception and sterilization procedures. Birth control is almost as ubiquitous as junk food. If a male law student wants to have safe sex, then he can purchase a condom. Why should contraception be different for women? If Ms. Fluke wants to have sex, then take the personal responsibility to pay for it. It’s called growing up. Georgetown has the right not to subsidize behavior it believes to be immoral and unethical.

At the core of her argument, Ms. Fluke claims that her desire for birth control trumps the religious freedom of a Christian institution. She is saying that having sex without getting pregnant is more important than the conscience rights of the Catholic Church. This is progressive tyranny, a form of liberal bigotry against Christians who abide by the teachings of their faith. The Church believes that contraception is wrong because it leads to sexual permissiveness, family breakdown and demographic collapse. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant; the Church has the right to determine its fundamental doctrine. Liberals, however, are seeking to coerce Christians into bowing at the altar of the secular state. This is a fundamental assault on democratic pluralism - the right of different religions to practice their beliefs unmolested by Big Brother or fascist feminist."...



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

It was an abosolutely brilliant move, they took the focus off of their percieved weakness and put universal health care/contraception/women's health in the spotlight. Doesn't look like they need the OWSers anymore so that movement will go to the wayside.


And how exactly did the Democrats get Rush Limbaugh to spend three days calling a young woman a s****?



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by petrus4
The one thing I do find interesting about birth control, personally, is that the one method of it which never seems to be brought up, is abstinence.


Thank you petrus. It's a dark time, hardly any faith. People do not see
why contraception is wrong.



how many times do you need to be told that birth control pills are necessary to treat a number of health issues, not just to prevent pregnancy. Abstinence does not help with ANY OF THOSE THINGS.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Bill Maher is a comdedian with no sponsors to upset. He can say whatever he dam well pleases.

Rush Limbaugh is not a comedian and he relies on sponsors.


The difference is epic.

No one is saying Rush is wrong for saying what he said. This is the USA and we all have the freedom of speech. We are saying he is wrong because of WHO HE IS AND WHY HE IS SAYING IT.
- Understand; Rush too can say whatever he wants, but there are definite consequences to his vile words because his show is sponsored by certain corporations and companies and what have you. He doesn't exist without them and he subsequently has a responsibility to adhere to a guidline of 'acceptability'.
Hell, if you really think about it, he's the whore in all this.

Besides........the guy actually thinks that birth control pills are taken 'per encounter' rather than per month.

edit on 10-3-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Bill Maher is a comdedian with no sponsors to upset. He can say whatever he XX well pleases.

Rush Limbaugh is not a comedian and he relies on sponsors.


The difference is epic.

No one is saying Rush is wrong for saying what he said. This is the USA and we all have the freedom of speech. We are saying he is wrong because of WHO HE IS AND WHY HE IS SAYING IT.
- Understand; Rush too can say whatever he wants, but there are definite consequences to his vile words because his show is sponsored by certain corporations and companies and what have you. He doesn't exist without them and he subsequently has a responsibility to adhere to a guidline of 'acceptability'.
Hell, if you really think about it, he's the whore in all this.

Besides........the guy actually thinks that birth control pills are taken 'per encounter' rather than per month.

edit on 10-3-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)


Bill Maher is independently wealthy, for example...like Mitt? No.

He's almost been cancelled himself. His sponsors are Libs so when he's been under fire for his comments...it's really gotta be bad.

Maher has "sponsors." Your argument is mute.

The word Maher used is much worse than the two words Rush used.
I can say "slut." I am a lady, I can't say what Maher used.



may the Two Hearts J+M keep you safe spinalremain,


colbe



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


Who are Maher's sponsors?
Why do you use so much false propaganda to spread the word of your god?
I am guessing that is the reason you caught no fish so far.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe


The word Maher used is much worse than the two words Rush used.
I can say "slut." I am a lady, I can't say what Maher used.



may the Two Hearts J+M keep you safe spinalremain,


colbe


You really are missing the point.

First of all, like so many others in this thread you need to grow up. No one is going to excuse Rush just because you all went "But but Bill did it too!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!" That does not work in the real world with adults.

Second of all Bill expressed his personal opinion that Palin is a C***. That is how he feels about her. Big deal.
Rush painted EVERY SINGLE WOMAN who uses birth control as someone having lots of promiscuous sex with a demand of payment attached to it. That is not an opinion. That is a complete mischaracterization of the truth as well as he flat out lied about what she said.

He said she had so much sex she could not afford the birth control.
Well moron, women take as much birth control whether they have no sex or lots of sex so she never said she has lots of sex. In fact she never said she had any sex. Rush said she said she had so much she needed money to keep it up. He lied about her.

See the difference yet?



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Bill Maher is independently wealthy, for example...like Mitt? No.

He's almost been cancelled himself. His sponsors are Libs so when he's been under fire for his comments...it's really gotta be bad.


Maher WAS canceled. His Politically Incorrect show was taken off the air after his 911 comments.

The only reason he's under fire now is because conservatives are trying to elevate his importance to Limbaugh's level in order to draw attention away from Rush. But he has nowhere near the media prominence or party affiliation that Rush does.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by Feltrick

It was an abosolutely brilliant move, they took the focus off of their percieved weakness and put universal health care/contraception/women's health in the spotlight. Doesn't look like they need the OWSers anymore so that movement will go to the wayside.


And how exactly did the Democrats get Rush Limbaugh to spend three days calling a young woman a s****?


They didn't have to do anything but let Rush be Rush. This is all just a smoke screen to get the voters talking about something other than actual issues affecting the nation. The Republican party has been hijacked by the religious right and the Dems can use this to their advantage.

So, to answer your question, the Dems didn't get him to say it, he did it all by himself.

My personal theory is that Rush is actually a Democrat making the Republicans look like complete idiots...maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part hoping that the Republicans aren't, actually, idiots.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


My argument in not "mute", nor is it a moot point, but I do think that Maher being wealthy like Mitt is. Bill Maher has a program on HBO. HBO airs his program and there are no ads during the show. He does not make jokes in between plugging lines for Snapple like Howard Stern and there are no commercial breaks for Goldfish or Geico. I think you get the point. Bill Maher represents himself and HBO. If HBO has a problem with something he says then he will be reprimanded like a decade ago when he lost his spot on Politically Incorrect. Alas though, we all know comedians always have more leeway when making jokes. Do not black comedians get laughs when they use the N word frequently during their jokes? The word may not be the funny part of the routine but it's spoken and OK. The point is that it isn't always about what is said as much as it is who is saying it and why. HBO gives him a contract to make jokes. People buy HBO in their cable package.

Yes Bill Maher can be called an ass for using foul language about Palin. I do not dispute that. The difference is that he is not in danger of losing his spot on television. He is only in the wrong for being extremely rude. As a commedian that happens from time to time. He makes jokes. He does not believe all the things he says. Rush Limbaugh does though. Not only does he believe it, but he wants all of us to believe it too. He isn;t making jokes. He is making comparisons in an attempt to convince the listeners that he is correct. If you cannot see the differences in the situation than you aren't understanding the foundation of this situation.
This situation was never a matter of "OOOOH Rush called Fluke a Whore, he's bad!"



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by colbe
 


My argument in not "mute", nor is it a moot point, but I do think that Maher being wealthy like Mitt is. Bill Maher has a program on HBO. HBO airs his program and there are no ads during the show. He does not make jokes in between plugging lines for Snapple like Howard Stern and there are no commercial breaks for Goldfish or Geico. I think you get the point. Bill Maher represents himself and HBO. If HBO has a problem with something he says then he will be reprimanded like a decade ago when he lost his spot on Politically Incorrect. Alas though, we all know comedians always have more leeway when making jokes. Do not black comedians get laughs when they use the N word frequently during their jokes? The word may not be the funny part of the routine but it's spoken and OK. The point is that it isn't always about what is said as much as it is who is saying it and why. HBO gives him a contract to make jokes. People buy HBO in their cable package.

Yes Bill Maher can be called an ass for using foul language about Palin. I do not dispute that. The difference is that he is not in danger of losing his spot on television. He is only in the wrong for being extremely rude. As a commedian that happens from time to time. He makes jokes. He does not believe all the things he says. Rush Limbaugh does though. Not only does he believe it, but he wants all of us to believe it too. He isn;t making jokes. He is making comparisons in an attempt to convince the listeners that he is correct. If you cannot see the differences in the situation than you aren't understanding the foundation of this situation.
This situation was never a matter of "OOOOH Rush called Fluke a Whore, he's bad!"


You're making the point of the thread spinalremain.

Maher doesn't own his comedy program.

I have heard Maher for years in interviews not connected with the show
"sponsored" by liberal leftist HBO. He gets his Christ hating view across, it is the same as his "jokes." When you have no 'grace', your soul is
darkened, it's dead so calling a woman the most "vile" name means nothing, it is humor to Maher.

How come no one posts the dictionary meaning of Maher's word for
Sarah Palin?



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe


How come no one posts the dictionary meaning of Maher's word for
Sarah Palin?


Most of us know it and do not need it posted but whenever Sarah decides to logon and opine that would be great. Until then, the insult that casts all women in a bad light seems to be the topic here and it was made by Rush.
Why are you trying so hard to talk about Bill Maher? How does that fix what Rush said?



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

Originally posted by colbe


How come no one posts the dictionary meaning of Maher's word for
Sarah Palin?


Most of us know it and do not need it posted but whenever Sarah decides to logon and opine that would be great. Until then, the insult that casts all women in a bad light seems to be the topic here and it was made by Rush.
Why are you trying so hard to talk about Bill Maher? How does that fix what Rush said?


My point is the word "XXXX" is not in the dictionary because it is vile.
Proof, what Bill Maher said is so much worse than Rush. I rest my case.
Leftists are hypocrites for their protest of Rush.

And here is something beyond vile, it's on record, Maher mocks Jesus Christ who is God our Savior.


God bless you LErickson,


colbe



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I can't find the post but someone said Bill Maher doesn't have a show any longer. Yes he does...

www.hbo.com...



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 





TextThe uproar over Rush using the term "slut" and "prostitute."


Its simple,’ rush whatever' will never, and has never been respected by true humans of this earth, maybe the racist humans, but surly not the real humans of this world. I’m so glad the sponsors are pulling away from such a trashy person such as...that!

Every body loves and respect BILL, he speaks the truth and his jokes are aimed at both the republicans and democrats, he isn’t one sided like fox news, Alex Jones, or the like of…this rush character.



new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

log in

join