It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astounding fact according to Neil Degrasse Tyson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I found this video quite aw inspiring

www.youtube.com...

stuff like this really makes you feel small in the whole sceme of things, but it also really makes you think. what was around before us, what will come after us when we are long gone.

hope you enjoy it

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
As an avid amateur astronomer, this touched the very core of my heart and being. I'm not ashamed to say it made me teary eyed. Thank you very much for sharing.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

my pleasure im glad you enjoyed it

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've always liked Tyson.

He can put things in such simple terms that anyone can understand, and he seems to have a huge sense of humor, including poking fun at himself.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
im glad to see some people actually taking pleasure in this

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Tyson is quickly becoming up there as far as inspirational spokesman for science. In my childhood it was Bill Nye, before him it was Carl Sagan, now it seems it's Neil Degrasse Tyson.

A very moving video, on the level with the pale blue dot

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Explanation: S&F! Thanks for making my day .. I woke up to this and wow .. juts wow!

Embedded ...

And another ...

Symphony of Science - 'We Are All Connected' (ft. Sagan, Feynman, deGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye)

Personal Disclosure:
I think it is time we seriously address the anthropic principle!

Anthropic Principle [wiki]

In astrophysics and cosmology, the anthropic principle is the philosophical argument that observations of the physical Universe must be compatible with the conscious life that observes it. Some proponents of the argument reason that it explains why the Universe has the age and the fundamental physical constants necessary to accommodate conscious life. As a result, they believe that the fact is unremarkable that the universe's fundamental constants happen to fall within the narrow range thought to allow life.

The strong anthropic principle (SAP) as explained by Barrow and Tipler (see variants) states that this is all the case because the Universe is compelled, in some sense, to have conscious life eventually emerge.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

thanks for embedding for me, i really have to figure out how to

id put Degrasse up there with Sagan but very inspirational im glad everyone is enjoying it

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
LOVE stuff like this. It's puts the Universe in perspective. Thank You.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That was quite enjoyable, this thread may have benefited with a title with more impact, because it was well worth 3 minutes of time. Of course the title did draw me in, so excuse me for a convoluted thanks-for-that.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

again im glad to see another person who enjoyed this, if i may ask what would you have named the thread

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I am a stargazer at heart and this video affirms the reason why...

Thanks OP

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
So the most astonishing fact is that we are made of the matter of past stars that exploded.

I find this one more agreeable though.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

i feel like that is an amazing fact, it shows how the universe reuses everything, much like how native americans lived nothing goes to waste, a star dies but it leaves behind something that could possibly bring life somewhere else...amazing

new topics

top topics

join