It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth why Iran Wants a Nuke…

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
And helping them take control and influence other Arab and Islamic countries in the Middle East.
If you really want an extreme Islamic regime who still allows stoning of women do death and cutting the hands of thieves in their own country to control the other Arab states in the Middle East, then go ahead and support them…

edit on 5-3-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

Why is Iran any worse than Saudi Arabia who has the biggest influence on other Arab and Islamic countries in ME today? All those human rights violations you mentioned are common in almost every ME country, nuclear weapon holders Pakistan included. So why Iran? Saudi Arabian regime is the most bigoted one in the whole ME, heck, Saudi Arabia is the single biggest exporter of radical Islam called wahhabism. So why Iran? They arent building a nuke, even CIA agrees on that.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

There is a LOT to say about this, first, is your way of law the only possible way? Second, America has human rights violations on her record, its NOT perfect. I am not calling it bad within the US, but its quickly becoming something far different than the founding fathers intended.

All nations must have laws. Period. America has the death penalty, and many laws in order to protect her citizens. Sharia law is just another form of law, to keep the rule and decency of a nation. 90% of Iran is Shia Muslim. 90%. This is a huge number. No, there is no separation of church and state, but this was the way it was for a thousand years in European countries. Having this separation of church and state is new.

When Iran first decided to become an Islamic Republic, which by the way is still a Republic the same as America, the only difference is that it is Islamic rather than secular.

You cannot call them wrong just because you do not agree, or because that would not be the type of governance you would personally choose. Iranians are the ones who chose it and they are the ones to live with it, not you. Their laws do not effect you. The fact remains, these are the laws chosen by Iranians themselves. Any small problems Iranians have is between them, and is quite frankly not your business. Again, it does not effect you!
edit on 5-3-2012 by Jameela because: To say: AND IT IS CERTAINLY NOT A REASON TO BOMB HER!

edit on 5-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by intrepid

Internal issue? are you kidding me.
Again, what is the logic of and reason of letting Iran and its fanatic religious regime with one of the lowest civil liberties in the world (still stoning women to death for adultery) get a bomb when we still can stop it?

Why do you keep going off topic with the above? It has nothing to do with the thread topic, so stop trolling.

If it's civil liberties you want to discuss, having totally blown any chance of convincing us all that we are in danger of the evil Iranian nuclear armed terrorists, then start a new thread topic. You'll probably lose that too given the state of civil liberties and human rights displayed by the US and Israeli governments.

So, back to the topic of fictitious Iranian nuclear weapons..... I suggest you email your AIPAC buddies and tell them you are having a hard time convincing anyone and can they please send you some more material to work with, as the constant lies, no matter how many times repeated, are not working!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Are you trying to compare a death sentence by electric chair given to criminals and the worst murderers.
To stoning a women to death? and for adultery?

Dont make me laugh and say Sharia Law. Its a Barbaric and sick practice that is wrong and should be abolished in the 21st century. Maybe christianity should go back to the inquisition days...?

Trying to defend Sharia law and the primitive practices of islam nowadays just keeps muslims stuck in the middle ages and suffer...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Jameela

Are you trying to compare a death sentence by electric chair given to criminals and the worst murderers.
To stoning a women to death? and for adultery?

Dont make me laugh and say Sharia Law. Its a Barbaric and sick practice that is wrong and should be abolished in the 21st century. Maybe christianity should go back to the inquisition days...?

Trying to defend Sharia law and the primitive practices of islam nowadays just keeps muslims stuck in the middle ages and suffer...

A crime is a crime. And if the stoning for adultery is true, then move to a nation where you can cheat according to law and get away with it.

Their way of life is not your business . it is their business and don't you forget that.
edit on 5-3-2012 by VBarbarino because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Well the UN seems to think they are a threat therefore the sanctions. So does the US and the other European states, so unless you can prove otherwise I guess the majority of the world are in my opinion.

You prove otherwise, I don’t need to…

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I will defend sharia, ill defend it any day of the week!

Here is this scenario: You have a murderer, and he wants to kill someone. The death penalty is gruesome, horrid way to die really. Now, do you think he might second guess his wanting to commit murder based on the punishment alone?

The rate of capital crime in Iran is very low. To be honest the rate of all crime in Iran is low. Why do you ask? because people second guess committing crime based on the punishments thereof. It is actually a good protection just having those laws.

As far as adultery, there is the requirement of 4 eye witnesses. 4 people have to witness the actual act, which means for someone to get caught and be able to be punished they have to practically be having sex in the street!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

I do not think you are very observant dear.

here we see this statement:

Amano reported that the IAEA has been able to verify that none of Iran's declared nuclear material is being diverted from its energy program, but could not confirm the absence of undeclared nuclear material.

You and everyone else is being paranoid He is afraid (lol) because he cannot confirm the absence of what he does not know about.Exactly how much sense does this make to you?

This was what was said by the IAEA man, above quoted, and my response to it, perhaps you missed it previously, so I will re post since you brought it up again.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
*Polite Gentle Reminder*

Hi People,

Loving the passion in the discussion here people...but please can we remember that while our discussions/debates can certainly at times be passionate, there's no need to make them poisonous.

Go at the topic, not the poster and all that...civility and so forth...

Thanks people.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Given the track record of the UN and other European states on matters of international law, overt and covert murder, lies and plenty of other high crimes for which their leaders should be put against a wall and shot, I don't think we can really wave them around as some moral force for good.

If the UN were run as a democracy, where every member state had a vote instead of of the current select few, I think we'd see a different record on issues of sanctions and war.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I apologize if I said wrongfully to any person. Please everyone to forgive me

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The laws themselves are a deterrent to crime. Look at how high the crime rate is in America, look at rape statistics and murder and the high cost of housing all the prisoners. If some people choose laws that are strict and deter crime in the first place isn't that there right? And can you really say it's that bad?

Also to note, under sharia law a man who steals because either he or his family is hungry cannot be punished for the crime.

If you think it is so bad then you can choose not to live in Iran! Simple!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

If you think stoning a women to death for adultery is fine and has the right to be practiced in the 21st century. Then you are not someone that is in the same moral or ethical place I'm coming from, therefore its a non starter for me as an argument or someone i want to waist my time responding to...

And yes i would never live in Iran, and its all the more reason that i think the west should destroy there primitive islamic regime.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Stoning men and women to death is the punishment for the crime in Judaism too dear. Its a religious punishment. If you are not religious this is your right to be so, but you cannot condemn those who are.

Look at the harm to families when there is cheating then this cheating results in divorce. Look at what happens to the children and the community around them. People who are religious think a child needs two parents, the love and support of both a mother and a father, when the children are deprived of this it is a harm. The affects of cheating have far reaching implications. The religion of God, whether its called Judaism or Islam, calls it a harm so bad it should have a punishment that would deter people.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

My Dear the point is that Judaism and Christianity don’t practice these biblical barbaric laws anymore while Islam still practice primitive barbaric and sick laws.

Islam is the only religion that did not modernize in the past 400 hundred years. Muslims who practice these barbaric Islamic laws in todays age are the problem in our world today.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Are you honestly trying to tell us you think if a woman cheats she deserves to be buried waist up, and have stones thrown at her head until her face and jaw are smashed inside out and her brain falls out of her skull?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Well maybe they are uncivilised and retarded to you, but then you are uncivilised and retarded to us re: the death penalty.

Get off ya high horse.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Well maybe they are uncivilised and retarded to you, but then you are uncivilised and retarded to us re: the death penalty.

Get off ya high horse.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Good so they are both wrong but theirs is even worse.
So what’s your point? Keep letting women get stoned to death for adultery because the US has a death penalty for murderers and psychopaths?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join