It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What sounded like a HUGE ship flying over my house 3-2-12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
First off, I live in southwestern PA. If anyone heard the noise I heard (believe me, you know if you heard it!) on Friday night 3-2-12 at around 3:15 AM EST, please chime in as I want to hear from you!!

I was just laying down to go to bed. My wife was sleeping already with 2 of my dogs. I had the third dog with me and we laid down to sleep, I wasn't in bed for 5 minutes (wasn't even situated yet in between the dogs and my wife when all of a sudden my dog looked up at the ceiling instead of laying his head down beside me!

Then the noise came, the best way to describe it was a MASSIVE ship flying directly over my house! If you hear a plane or jet fly over, you can tell it's not that big just based on the sound as it flies over you. This whatever it was was gigantic.

I explained it to my brother, the only way to describe it was a deep engine sound that vibrated the floor as it passed over, it sounded like it was as wide as a football field is long!! It was not a short isolated incident either, this lasted at least 5 minutes in total.

Now I heard the rumbling noise a while ago and posted it on here also, this lasted for around 30 minutes and it was not this noise!! After whatever passed over my house the noise was gone!

I jumped up out of bed since the noise scared the crap out of me and my dog and we ran over to the windows to see if we could see anything. There was nothing at all there and the sky was clear, although I couldn't see a star in the sky until after the noise stopped! Then I went back to the window and the sky was normal as usual, with stars in the sky!

My other 2 dogs awoke also but my wife didn't hear a thing!

Please join in and let me know if anyone can explain or tell of a similar experience!! Sorry I don't have any video but there was nothing there to the naked eye!!
edit on 3/5/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I could proabably give you an explanation....but it will fall on deaf ears sooooo...

Damn bro the mothership came to your house, you are so lucky..shame there is no proof, but i believe ya anyways
Must have been aliens, what else flies in the sky and makes a noise??
edit on 5-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've never heard a "MASSIVE ship" before so maybe that wouldn't be the best way to describe it? I dont know how someone could come up with the size of an object by the sound that it creates either..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
what else flies in the sky and makes a noise??

Egg farts...

UFO's are silent but deadly...much like milk farts.

What you heard was the new F22 starting its afterburners loud as (no fart joke) Hell!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Well then that Jet hit the afterburner directly over my house at 3:15 AM.....What an A$$

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, a few months ago, during the evening or early night, I was home surfing the net with my noise-cancelling headphones on. I don't think I was listening to anything which was why I noticed the strange noise that had been going on for a while. I went to look for it and noticed it sounded like an airplane, airplanes don't usually sound trough the walls but it wasn't that loud either. I opened the door and looked up, sadly it was so cloudy I could not see any airplane. The sound was a bit stronger than normal (jet) airplanes if I recall, but not 'that' strong.

The strange thing was that it seemed to originate from right above me somewhere and did not go away like airplanes should do after a minute or so, I stood in the doorway freezing for several minutes. I thought about putting on all of my clothes and going outside to check it out but since it was cloudy and it just sounded like an airplane I dismissed it as a weird occurrence and went inside, put on my headphones and started watching a series or something similar.. the fact that at the time it was around -25 degrees Celsius might have aided me in my decision to go back inside.

Later I discovered several threads of weird global sounds and shortly began to wonder.. I'm still not sure what to think.. if it was the military having some training routine, strangely right above a smaller city, or what it was. I maintain that it was a bit weird though.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anno141

Man I have only heard 2 noises that were not planes in my life....One was the crazy rumbling noise/sound for about 30 minutes a few months back, and this....

I live about 30 minutes from Pittsburgh international airport and about 5 minutes from a hospital that constantly flies people in via helicopter....

I am very experienced in sounds of the air, this my friend was not a typical airplane / helicopter / jet.......

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Something very bizarre, indeed.

What part of the area are you from? I am in Upper St. Clair.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I can't relate to the noise, but the sky being blacked out, yes. Of course there could have been some noise in our case, but the city of Key Largo never shuts down, too many drunks celebrating each night I suppose.

We happened to be anchored on the west side of the city and watched the edge of a mighty big craft drift slowly over the city going west and almost over our anchored boat, it was immense in size.

In short, this was stealth to a max, it blanked out a chunk of the night sky, it had no lights and it was very close, meaning low altitude going perhaps 30 knots. If you saw one of these without city lights hitting the side as we did, you would not see it, they are non-reflective pretty much as well as being able to hover. Ours was not flying, it hovered along. Also I had the luxury at 3:30 in the morning of watching it through 50x8 good binoculars and still could not see detail except the very thick side which faced us. IMO you almost saw an ufo, government or otherwise.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Greensburg

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

That is exactly what it was like....I couldn't see anything of course because it was in the dead of night.....But I also couldn't see any stars of any sort from anywhere out my window until the noise was gone.....

There is absolutely no way of me not being able to see starts where I am because the sky is open in all directions to me....I couldn't see the far side of the sky from my bedroom though because I only have windows on 3 sides including my bathroom which is connected to my bedroom (and yes I went in there to look out also!)..

Very weird indeed!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I live in central WV, about 730ish Friday night, the wife and I saw an orange light coming from the East very slowly.
After grabbing the binoculars, and adjusting the focus , I could make out a triangular shape with 3 red lights.
The aircraft banked to the NNW and looked like a F-117 on steroids.
It started to climb, (started making contrails), and you could see the exhaust (barely), and completely silent.

We never saw it on the return trip, so it's hard to say when and where.
I guess the best description is a F-117 shape the size of a B-1.
As for the flight path we last saw it on, draw a line from Buckhannon to Clarksburg/Bridgeport, WV.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
kotaku.com...

closest thing we have goin on now that the public knows about

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We have had them flying over our city (actually F-15's) till little after midnight 3 nights in a row. The roar of the F22 has actually a lot of people say NIMBY! They rattle shelves, windows and make dogs bark. Even more recently we have had the local airport change the flight pattern which now has 737 flying low over my neighborhood and I live 20 miles from the airport and up against foot hills which means they throw on the airbrakes and throttle down. Sound often like they are landing in my house!

Don't get me started on the Medi-flight choppers (those are all hours of the night) and start like a thumping then thunderous over the house. Freaked me out when they started that crap! I had a similar incident where I jumped out of bed at 3ish thinking the End was Nigh looking out to see a bright light and to only find out it was a copter flying over

There was a thread awhile back on flight plans and stuff it would be worth looking into.

edit on 6-3-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I bet it's that damn giant triangle the Air-Force flies around.
And I think it projects the sky above it to it's belly so you only see it
if they want you to see it. Yep. That's what I think.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Interesting that I read this thread now. Last night somewhere between 1 and 3 AM - I was constantly kept awake by an unexplained noise. It did not sound like a Military Jet or a Civilian airplane because both sounds die down fairly quickly, but this went on for quite some time at a constant rate (did not pick up or fade away).

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by sailormon

That is exactly what it was like....I couldn't see anything of course because it was in the dead of night.....But I also couldn't see any stars of any sort from anywhere out my window until the noise was gone.....

There is absolutely no way of me not being able to see starts where I am because the sky is open in all directions to me....I couldn't see the far side of the sky from my bedroom though because I only have windows on 3 sides including my bathroom which is connected to my bedroom (and yes I went in there to look out also!)..

Very weird indeed!!

Thanks for this thread. Don't bother trying to convince some people. They have their minds made up before you even write the first word of your thread. They are convinced that nothing can happen in this world unless we, primitive humanity, can explain it with our current level of knowledge. They are equally convinced that unless you are constantly providing "proof", the event did not happen. They refuse to investigate further and that is what keeps them wallowing in ignorance.

I believe many or most of the strange sounds we are hearing are cloaked UFOs. I have no proof, no pictures, and I really don't care if anyone believes it either. I think there's at least as much evidence for this theory as any other. I've posted a few threads on this issue as well and go into more detail.

new topics

top topics

join