The most astounding fact!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You question about infinity requires you to define what you mean.

The value does exist. It is a simple ratio. pi=c/d

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

That spontaneous generation is not only possible but a fact?

How incoherent is that?

The term you are searching for is abiogenesis. Yes that process happened. The geological record shows that once the Earth was without life. Now there is life. That has been verified many times. It is a fact.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I on other hand is 100% sure that he exist because intelligent life itself exist.

So does God exist?

There is no evidence to support your claim. All you have is wishful thinking. That is called faith.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by edmc^2

You question about infinity requires you to define what you mean.

The value does exist. It is a simple ratio. pi=c/d

let start here:

The infinity that I'm talking about is comparable to space and time where both have no beginning and no end. Even though it's hard for our feeble minds to contemplate the vastness of space we know that it is there and we're convinced that it has no beginning and no end. Mathematically speaking we could say that pi is infinite because we don't know its end or if there's any end to it (although it has a beginning aprox 22/7 (>pi).

As in the case of God - since he's always been, therefore he has no beginning and no end - Infinity.

Simple as that.

Q is - if you're convinced that Infinity exist, why then is it that is it hard for you to comprehend an Always Existing Entity - God?

tc.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

That spontaneous generation is not only possible but a fact?

How incoherent is that?

The term you are searching for is abiogenesis. Yes that process happened. The geological record shows that once the Earth was without life. Now there is life. That has been verified many times. It is a fact.

By all means then, please show me proof that life can come/arise from non-living materials, if you say it's a "fact".

Because scientific fact says that Life can only come from pre-existing life.

edit:

There is no evidence to support your claim. All you have is wishful thinking. That is called faith.

Of course we have ample evidence that God exist and not just based on faith but reality.

Here's one:

Servant's of God long ago knew that the earth is "hanging upon nothing".

But it's only in the modern century that we came to know this to a fact. Through the use of sophisticated instruments and higher mathematics and by sending men/women into outer space that we realized that it's indeed the earth is "hanging upon nothing". And this "nothing" we now know as "gravity".

Question to you - where did this servant of God get the information from - if it's not from the Creator of the "heavens and the earth" himself?

tc

tc

edit on 13-3-2012 by edmc^2 because: Edit

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Are these the same people who don't know whether the chicken or egg came first?

Yeah.

Thought so.

Science 'knows' nothing. They have theories. And until they embrace the fact that everything on this planet (our solar system actually) came via alien intervention then....I can't be bothered with them.
It almost feels like science-heads have a silent pact with religious-heads and until they both agree....our roots will remain a secret.

Just a theory!
edit on 13-3-2012 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

It's not "just a theory"

A scientific requires objective, verifiable evidence as backup, has to withstand peer reviews, and can't have anything debunking it...only then is it a scientific theory.

Also, don't you think it's ironic you criticize those theories, yet when it comes to your new age alien religion you are happy having no proof whatsoever? I suggest you stop watching Ancient Aliens on the "History" channel and get yourself a few history and biology books that are scientific in their approach

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Yeah.

Thought so.

Science 'knows' nothing. They have theories. And until they embrace the fact that everything on this planet (our solar system actually) came via alien intervention then....I can't be bothered with them.
It almost feels like science-heads have a silent pact with religious-heads and until they both agree....our roots will remain a secret.

Just a theory!

Human_alien - you made my day!!

At least you believe there's something out there rather nothing out there.

peace.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Yeah.

Thought so.

Just a theory!

Human_alien - you made my day!!

At least you believe there's something out there rather nothing out there.

peace.

Emphasis on "believe"

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

There is a whole subfield of biochemistry called biophysics. ALL living organisms obey the laws of physics.

Which law?

Is it:

1) Life can only come from pre-existing life?

or

2) Life can spontaneously arise from non-living things?

I know #1 is a fact because science not only confirmed it but showed it to be true.

While #2 is only a pipe dream.

As for just "a gradient" that separates life and non-life, you must be kidding.

It's not just "a gradient" but a hugeeee chasm that separates life and non-life (death).

And no one can cross or bridge this chasm but the Creator of life himself, unless of course you're saying man has found a way to reanimate the dead.

Is that what you mean by "gradient"?

tc

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

The infinity that I'm talking about is comparable to space and time where both have no beginning and no end. Even though it's hard for our feeble minds to contemplate the vastness of space we know that it is there and we're convinced that it has no beginning and no end. Mathematically speaking we could say that pi is infinite because we don't know its end or if there's any end to it (although it has a beginning aprox 22/7 (>pi).

Your definition of infinity is not what I expected. I would point out that despite the vastness of space there is no evidence for infinity. Oddly enough, there appears to be a beginning of time and a beginning of space. The end game is being studied and debated. Maybe there is an end of time and space.

Pi is not infinite. It is bounded by 3 and 4. The fact that it has no "end" is shared by other numbers such as the square root of 2. None of these numbers are infinite. What you are discussing is that these numbers are not rational or that they have no finite decimal representation. The value 1/3 does not have a finite decimal representation either and it is rather. Pi has a place on the number line, a single point.

As in the case of God - since he's always been, therefore he has no beginning and no end - Infinity.

Simple as that.

If I were to be as whimsical as you have been discussing mathematics I might suggest that god is no more interesting than 1/3.

Q is - if you're convinced that Infinity exist, why then is it that is it hard for you to comprehend an Always Existing Entity - God?

I never stated that infinity exists. I asked for your definition.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

By all means then, please show me proof that life can come/arise from non-living materials, if you say it's a "fact".

Because scientific fact says that Life can only come from pre-existing life.

I've already stated the evidence. The geological record shows a point in which there is no life on Earth. Later the record shows life on Earth. Thus life arose on Earth.

Servant's of God long ago knew that the earth is "hanging upon nothing".

That is not evidence of god. It isn't even correct. You may pretend that this is correct, but that is the same as pretending that there is evidence of god.

Question to you - where did this servant of God get the information from - if it's not from the Creator of the "heavens and the earth" himself?

Maybe they just made that up along with the myth of a global flood and the fiction of exodus.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Science 'knows' nothing. They have theories.

No matter how often people tell others that theory is in science is not the same as the vernacular where it means wild eyed guess made without thinking.

Just a theory!

See I was correct. You do use the term in that way. But, science does not.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I know #1 is a fact because science not only confirmed it but showed it to be true.

Since almost the entire bible has been shown to be false there are those that hang onto the last little things that science is still working on. Don't forget that science is already building artificial cells.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

Since almost the entire bible has been shown to be false there are those that hang onto the last little things that science is still working on.

I take it that you know the contents of the entire Bible (all 66) to be able to make this bold claim.

If so which part of the Bible is false then?

edit:

Don't forget that science is already building artificial cells.

nothing extra ordinary - now if they can actually create a living cell then you have something. As it is this is just an artificial cell which only confirms the Biblical fact that Life can only come from pre-existing life.

As for:

I would point out that despite the vastness of space there is no evidence for infinity.
I never stated that infinity exists.

Is this a scientific fact or just your guess, cuz facts shows that space is indeed infinite.

tc.

edit on 14-3-2012 by edmc^2 because: edit

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

If so which part of the Bible is false then?If so which part of the Bible is false then?

We know for a FACT the Adam & Eve story is wrong, just like we know people can't live inside whales, and that the global flood never happened. Want me to go on?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Nobody has...which is why rational people including scientists simply admit that they "don't know (yet)". You on the other hand simply can't deal with that and therefore fill a lack of knowledge with magic (aka god). As I said, you're presenting one prime example of "god of the gaps" after the other...thanks for that

They are in no position then to say that there's no Creator of life - because "scientists simply admit that they "don't know (yet)"

Correct?

If so do you agree then that there's a possibility that life was created by an intelligent being?

tc.

..sorry ...gotta go....later dude.

Do you admit the possibility that you might be wrong and this really is all just a random event?

If you can't, you're nothing but a hypocrite.

There is nothing wrong with saying "I don't know." Contrary to what you believe, that is not a weakness. Agnosticism is in fact the most logical position to take.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

reply to post by HappyBunny

There is a whole subfield of biochemistry called biophysics. ALL living organisms obey the laws of physics.

Which law?

Is it:

1) Life can only come from pre-existing life?

or

2) Life can spontaneously arise from non-living things?

Nobody's believed that for 200 years.

If you'd bother to do some actual research instead of just regurgitating your creationist nonsense, you'd know that's not true.

As for just "a gradient" that separates life and non-life, you must be kidding.

As a matter of fact, I'm perfectly serious. Go look up viruses. And crystals.

It's not just "a gradient" but a hugeeee chasm that separates life and non-life (death).

How sad to have to think in such absolutes. Nothing in life, or the universe, is so cut and dried.

And no one can cross or bridge this chasm but the Creator of life himself, unless of course you're saying man has found a way to reanimate the dead.

Is that what you mean by "gradient"?

How pathetic. Google is your friend, you know. Go do a simple search on abiogenesis and learn something. Better yet, there are several good books on the subject. There's a good one available on Kindle:

Biological Big Bang by Chandra Wickramasinghe

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That was amazing!

I had a broad smile on my face right till the end.
Thanks for sharing

x

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
That was amazing!

I had a broad smile on my face right till the end.
Thanks for sharing

x

Thanks

To be honest, that's the reply I expected from most people as the stuff shown in that video should pretty much blow away anyone. And even better, it's based on facts rather than wish belief!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join