It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can never know.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You can only learn. Learning is an action, knowing is not. To say you know is a lie because what action are you really referring to? The only truth is learning and its ongoing in every moment. There is only growth.

You will only know when you die. Until then, you will learn. You must learn, now, that you do not know.

When knowledge is evolving, it is really still learning.

So when you say, "I know this" or "I know that", what does that even mean? Know isn't a verb.

We grow constantly. There is no stagnation. What you knew a minute ago is to be forgotten so that you can keep up with the learning. Don't get caught up on what you know, but work on how well you learn.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What I'm saying is, in a world of constant action, there is no room for inaction. Knowing is inaction. Learning is an action. What we are is action, so therefore, all we can do is learn. There is no room for inaction in action and any attempt at inaction will result in death.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
You can only learn. Learning is an action, knowing is not. To say you know is a lie because what action are you really referring to? The only truth is learning and its ongoing in every moment. There is only growth.

You will only know when you die. Until then, you will learn. You must learn, now, that you do not know.

When knowledge is evolving, it is really still learning.

So when you say, "I know this" or "I know that", what does that even mean? Know isn't a verb.

We grow constantly. There is no stagnation. What you knew a minute ago is to be forgotten so that you can keep up with the learning. Don't get caught up on what you know, but work on how well you learn.

That's the exact mentality that will keep you in the dark forever!

"There is no don't, there's only dew. Sew if you can't don't, then don't can't." - Old Toad Proverb

Stop thinking you can't know the truth until you die because you can know the truth now, for you knew the truth before you took up the position you now find yourself in.

All you have to dew is to REMEMBER what you have FORGOTTEN!

Ribbit

Ps: Your math is bad too because what you know is from what you learn and you learn from what you know.

edit on 5-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Dear smithjustinb,

We may have a misunderstanding over concepts, let me try to get myself straight with yours. I don't see knowing as inaction, I see it as a spur to action, a valid reason for acting. If you know that someone is drowning, then you have a reason to take action.

Also, knowing something provides a foundation for building upon. If you don't know that 1+1=2, you won't get far in math.

Can you straighten out my misunderstandings?

With respect,
charles1952

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Forgive me, but I must inquire... how you know all of that? Do you know how to write? how to read? how to spell? Or are you merely still "learning?"

Of course we can know. We can know anything to the extent of which we are willing to learn until... well, until there is nothing left to learn about what we want to know.

Now, understanding that, it should also be understood that new things to know come into existence faster than we can learn. So, I do believe it is impossible to know "everything." We simply cannot learn fast enough.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlm912

Forgive me, but I must inquire... how you know all of that? Do you know how to write? how to read? how to spell? Or are you merely still "learning?"

Of course we can know. We can know anything to the extent of which we are willing to learn until... well, until there is nothing left to learn about what we want to know.

Now, understanding that, it should also be understood that new things to know come into existence faster than we can learn. So, I do believe it is impossible to know "everything." We simply cannot learn fast enough.

There is no shortage of space in the human brain for new information. It is unlimited.That's empirically verifiable. To know something, is to stop learning about it, which is something you believe in that I don't. Another thing you believe in that I don't is this idea of impossibility. What's impossible? Just because I'm not in the sky looking down on you doesn't mean I can't fly without an airplane one day!

Some people can pick up languages like I pick up textbooks, and I'll tell you I haven't picked up any textbooks in a long time.

Here's to a future of textbooks and learning! And if the textbooks prove to be bull$#!7 we can always use them to keep us warm! Firewood baby!!! BOOOOOM!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I is all seeing, all knowing and ever present.
I already knows before 'you' think 'you' have to learn.

The tree of knowledge is no match for the tree of life.
Keep eating from the tree of knowledge and you will never 'know'.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Some times it is not about what we know, it is about what we acknowledge.
Once we acknowledge something we validate its purpose or reason.
Preception plays the main role in the "knowing".
What is learned depends on what we preceived as the lesson.

PLPL

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Knowledge is not something you do, it is something you are. Once you learn something, the information becomes a part of you as an imprint in your brain... as your brain.

You can't have knowledge. Everything is knowledge. All you can do is learn and bear witness to.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
What I'm saying is, in a world of constant action, there is no room for inaction. Knowing is inaction. Learning is an action. What we are is action, so therefore, all we can do is learn. There is no room for inaction in action and any attempt at inaction will result in death.

Define learning. What do you mean by learning? The useless stuff they force you to learn at school?

Action= movement. Everything is moving even when you're laying in your bed you're moving. The bloodcells traveling in your body, breathing, hair gowing etc. You're even traveling in space on this planet.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I is all seeing, all knowing and ever present.
I already knows before 'you' think 'you' have to learn.

The tree of knowledge is no match for the tree of life.
Keep eating from the tree of knowledge and you will never 'know'.

Actually, for mental nutritional purposes, you should have two servings from the Tree of Knowledge and two servings from the Tree of Life, along with a single serving of nutz from the Tree of Logic, every day.

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

join