It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu to Obama: Israel ‘reserves the right’ to strike

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

My answer doesn't matter, but if you must know I'm with our intelligence agencies and don't believe Iran is working on a nuke. I'm not okay with anyone having a nuke and I firmly believe all nukes should be dismantled and destroyed along with nuclear technology. All of it is just too dangerous. Isn't that right Japan? How about you Germany?
edit on 5-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I agree destroy all nuclear weapons and the technology.

How then can you defend a government who is intent on researching nuclear technology and creating.....whatever it is they are working on?!?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Jerisa

From the dialogue that's been going all these months I would bet that if Iran does get attacked it will be by Israel along with a great chance of the USA joining the fight or fully supporting it (aid, ammo, no fly zones, etc.)

Israel must slow down, they are winding themselves up for failure.

Even if they fail or come close to failing, Israel will nuke. Gut feelings say if war happens nukes will go off. Especially IF Israel is losing.
edit on 5-3-2012 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

They are right ... the are the only democracy in the area ... they are not darkened by islam, and their neighbors are hellbent on destroying them, even if they are the only thing in the area worth protecting ...

My opinion is clear ... the muslims need to convert to a sane mindset or go into the sea, as they intend for israel ... no pardon there

GO israel !

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Am I defending Iran or defending a peaceful solution? America has been in conflict for over tens years now and it appears to not be slowing down much. Iraq is finally over, technically, but the conquest continues and currently the two ME who are in the cross hairs is Iran and Syria. It's all too ridiculous to believe anymore and I'm sick of it. So I'm defending peace and putting down war.

It's too easy to go to war these days and that needs to stop.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

That's a scary thought, will they nuke? If Israel goes to war with Iran who knows what the outcome will be. Obviously Israel clearly has the most advantage in this battle with their military might, technology, and allies, so I'm not worried about Israel failing to the point where their only option is to send a nuke. The failure I think of is the one similar to Iraq, after Israel attacks Iran more evidence will come out Iran had no nuclear weapons program. I don't think the world can buy another load of crap about making a mistake about nukes and invading a sovereign nation.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I am not for war and I think most Americans are sick and tired of fighting. Just because we stop fighting doesn't mean our enemies will stop fighting.

If it isn't Iran then it's the Taliban or Al Qaeda or some other country/group who wants to start a jihad with the west.

Iran is known to support terrorist activity so they can not be allowed to have nuclear weapons plain and simple.
edit on 5-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Going to war with Iran is wrong and unjustified and will lead to even more chaos and will solve no problems at all. And it will definitely lead to more "terrorist" acts

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'm sure it will be bad, how can war not be bad.
The problem is I don't see Iran backing down and we know Israel won't back down so war looks inevitable.

I guess we will agree to disagree on some things.

Been a pleasure.

Take care.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Iran not backing down? So far I see Iran restraining themselves and it's Israeli Gov't & the US Gov't who aren't backing down. Iran's already had 5 terrorist attacks occur on their soil all killing their scientist, and that's just the tip of the ice berg as to what Iran has been enduring.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Oh really!

What about the attacks against the Israeli Diplomats? Iran? You know it was. They even attacked the guys wife.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I've read those headlines, and the attacks on the scientists and those diplomats were said to be carried out by an Iranian terrorist group, but the problem with this group is they have been exiled from Iran, they hate the Iranian Gov't, and an NBC segment claims this terrorist group is working with Israel's Mossad.

So there ya go.

Bomb suspects 'were anti-Iran exiles'

www.bangkokpost.com...

Four Iranians suspected of involvement in a botched bomb plot targeting Israeli diplomats in Bangkok were members of an exiled Iranian opposition group which wanted the incident to reflect badly on Teheran, Syedsulaiman Husaini, Shia leader of Thailand, said on Sunday.

He claimed the four belonged to the Mujahedin-e Khalq Organisation (also known as MEK, MKO and the People's Mujahedeen Organisation of Iran, or PMOI) which aims to overthrow the current Iranian government.

The MEK has been on the US Department of State’s list of foreign terrorist organisations since 1977.

Israel teams with terror group to kill Iran's nuclear scientists, U.S. officials tell NBC News

rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com...

Updated: 11:14 a.m. ET -- Deadly attacks on Iranian nuclear scientists are being carried out by an Iranian dissidentgroup that is financed, trained and armed by Israel’s secret service, U.S. officials tell NBC News, confirming charges leveled by Iran’s leaders.

The group, the People’s Mujahedin of Iran, has long been designated as a terrorist group by the United States, accused of killing American servicemen and contractors in the 1970s and supporting the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran before breaking with the Iranian mullahs in 1980.

The attacks, which have killed five Iranian nuclear scientists since 2007 and may have destroyed a missile research and development site, have been carried out in dramatic fashion, with motorcycle-borne assailants often attaching small magnetic bombs to the exterior of the victims’ cars.

U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Obama administration is aware of the assassination campaign but has no direct involvement.

The Iranians have no doubt who is responsible – Israel and the People’s Mujahedin of Iran, known by various acronyms, including MEK, MKO and PMI.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Okay you have me on that one. I didn't know about the MEK.

There was more than a single attack by Iran: Timeline of Iranian-Sponsored Terrorism.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I came across this article that claims that Obama made a deal with Iran: dailycaller.com...

Obama supposedly promised Iran that the U.S. would say that Iran doesn’t have any nukes and then Iran was supposed to reciprocate by handing over its uranium. Several generals have since come out and said that Iran doesn’t have any nuclear weapons but Iran has thus far failed to reciprocate on the deal at which point the Muslim Brotherhood sitting in the oval office says that he’s not bluffing.

Also, Fed sued for Irangate documents

Now there is suspicion that dealings between the U.S. and Iran haven’t been exactly above-board, and Klayman is back in the saddle, taking to court his worries that there is a new and alarming “Irangate” going on.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chizeled

The Iranians have now expanded their nuclear program to the point where they not only have enough low-enriched uranium for six nuclear bombs but also have doubled their stock of highly enriched uranium of 20 percent.

Doesn't sound very peaceful to me. I say we get them now!
Let Israel attack and be there for backup if they need us.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

There you go again, ready for war
. The article that convinced you that Iran is the boogyman began like this,

My sources inside Iran tell me that
... are you kidding me, this is an Opinion piece! How easily led on are you?

See ya

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

sounds very world war 1 to me..

which is really worrying!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

War is the only thing some people understand.

Sometimes you have to make the first move. I say we 'democratize' them!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
reply to post by Swills

War is the only thing some people understand.

Sometimes you have to make the first move. I say we 'democratize' them!

That doesn't even make sense. Are you saying only Iran understands war or are you saying only America understands war? You better mean America because Iran isn't starting any wars, nor have they.

Iran's military ain't making any first strikes. They wait to be struck, then they strike back.

en.wikipedia.org...

Iran has launched no wars of choice in modern history, and its leadership adheres to a doctrine of "no first strike".[11] The country's military budget is the lowest per capita in the Persian Gulf region besides the UAE.[11] Since 1979, there are no foreign military bases present in Iran. According to Article 146 of the Iranian Constitution, the establishment of any foreign military base in the country is forbidden, even for peaceful purposes.[12]

Judging from your posts you really don't know what's going on with this Iranian issue. You do however fully support any and all war mongering. So with that, I bid you farewell, we have nothing else to discuss.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
reply to post by Swills

I agree destroy all nuclear weapons and the technology.

How then can you defend a government who is intent on researching nuclear technology and creating.....whatever it is they are working on?!?

You mean Israel?

Edit : are you trolling?

edit on 5-3-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join