It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu to Obama: Israel ‘reserves the right’ to strike

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Netanyahu to Obama: Israel ‘reserves the right’ to strike

freebeacon.com...

See the link to watch a video of Netanyahu and Obama having a sit down while the press filmed and took notes. In the video, it's a short clip, Netanyahu does all the talking, ie,

1. Israel is the little Satan and the USA is the great Satan according to Iran
2. That Israel is the only stable Middle Eastern country thanks to their democracy.
3. Iran is right about one thing and that's Israel is the USA and the USA is Israel. "We are you and you are us. We are together. So if there if is one that stands out clearly in the ME today is that Israel and America stand together."
4. Israel has the sovereign right to defend itself. That's the very purpose of the Jewish state, to restore to the Jewish people control over our destiny's.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told President Obama that Israel would decide for itself whether to strike Iran.

“My supreme responsibility as prime minister of Israel is to ensure that Israel remains the master of its fate,” Netanyahu told Obama.
In a sit-down earlier today with the president in the Oval Office, Netanyahu pushed back against the administration’s repeated attempts to dissuade Israel from attacking Iran.

See the link below and watch a short clip of Obama agreeing that it is in the interest of both Israel and the USA to make sure Iran, who is accused of being a state sponsor of terrorism, does not obtain a nuclear weapon.

Obama, Netanyahu give no sign of narrowing gap on Iran

www.reuters.com...

Obama took a double-barreled approach, seeking to assure Netanyahu that the United States was keeping the military option open against Iran and always "has Israel's back," but also urging Israeli patience to allow sanctions and diplomacy to work.

Well, there ya have it folks, Israel reserves the right to attack Iran whenever they want in the name of defense, and who better to tell this than Washington DC. The American Gov't has a recent history of invading to suit their agendas, which usually is defined as defense. So Israel is letting DC they can and will strike Iran, and DC is welcome to join the party.

And the drums continue to beat.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Either this spring Israel will go on their own or next year after elections with US support. I think those are the current options being discussed.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This is what the Canadian news is reporting...

news.sympatico.ctv.ca... _common_ground_with_israel_leader_on_iran/cf9a1e5b

Looking directly at Obama, Netanyahu said Iran is right about one thing: Israel and the United States are indistinguishable as Iran's enemies. "We are you and you are us," he said.

Election year huh?

Addressing the powerful pro-Israel lobby, Obama delivered messages to multiple political audiences: Israel, Iran, Jewish voters, a restless Congress, a wary international community and three Republican presidential contenders who will speak to the same group Tuesday.

So my question is, if Israel strikes first, will the USA jump on in regardless?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ya, The war drums are def beating. We all know that Israel is going to strike eventually. lol

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Sounds like the USA most likely will join Israel in attacking Iran. Israel is playing "bad cop" while the USA is playing "good cop". The USA wants war to be the last option and wants Israel to be patient and let sanctions work. Is diplomacy on the table? Are Iran and Washington DC talking to each other or just barking threats to each other via some middle man (MSN, UN, etc)?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So let me get this straight. Basically if one party ( could be any of them) just decides to nuke the other, the rest are going to chime in to back up their buddy's?

Doesn't that seem very school yard to people?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You can almost start an office pool for the day of the first strike.
Start by betting on the day, then which country will draw first blood.

I bet it will be Israel on April 9th.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

From the dialogue that's been going all these months I would bet that if Iran does get attacked it will be by Israel along with a great chance of the USA joining the fight or fully supporting it (aid, ammo, no fly zones, etc.)

Israel must slow down, they are winding themselves up for failure.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
reply to post by Swills

So let me get this straight. Basically if one party ( could be any of them) just decides to nuke the other, the rest are going to chime in to back up their buddy's?

Doesn't that seem very school yard to people?

Well no not really. To start with Iran does not have Nuclear weapons. Iran stands alone and don't really have any buddies that would really "chime in and back them up". Yes it is all a bit like "very school yard" but you seem to not understand the situation very well.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Its about time Israel and the US act.
There is no reason to let Iran and its fanatic religious regime with one of the lowest civil liberties in the world (still stoning women to death for adultery) have a bomb.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

According to our CIA they are not working on nor do they have a bomb.

U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — Even as the United Nations’ nuclear watchdog said in a new report Friday that Iran had accelerated its uranium enrichment program, American intelligence analysts continue to believe that there is no hard evidence that Iran has decided to build a nuclear bomb.

ATS thread,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Its about time Israel and the US act.

YEAH!!!!!!

Let's get 'em!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

Now I know who it is that starred the pro war post.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I just think we need to get them before they get us!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

Kinda like how Iraq was out to get us but we got them first?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

well...um..er..not exactly.

This time we're right.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
reply to post by Swills

well...um..er..not exactly.

This time we're right.

So by we you mean who, Israel or the USA? If you mean the USA than you are wrong, see my post above about intelligence reports saying no hard evidence Iran is building a bomb.

Recent assessments by American spy agencies are broadly consistent with a 2007 intelligence finding that concluded that Iran had abandoned its nuclear weapons program years earlier, according to current and former American officials. The officials said that assessment was largely reaffirmed in a 2010 National Intelligence Estimate, and that it remains the consensus view of America’s 16 intelligence agencies.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

What if they are wrong? Are you okay with Iran having a nuke?

I don't think we can allow these guys to have a nuclear weapon.

Why do they refuse access to the inspectors if they have nothing to hide? I say we give them one last chance to allow inspectors in and they must have total access.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
reply to post by Swills

What if they are wrong? Are you okay with Iran having a nuke?

I don't think we can allow these guys to have a nuclear weapon.

Why do they refuse access to the inspectors if they have nothing to hide? I say we give them one last chance to allow inspectors in and they must have total access.

What if we are wrong? Like before, with Iraq, dead wrong. From the horse mouth, numerous US spy/intelligence agencies all report Iran has abandoned it's nuclear weapon operations years ago and there is no hard evidence that they have restarted the program. Iran refuses inspectors? Whose inspectors? Last I heard Iran is working hand in hand with the IAEA. According to Aljazeera Iran refused the agency they work with, interesting but definitely not a means to go to war. Same song and dance occurred before we invaded Iraq.

en.wikipedia.org...

Iran has launched no wars of choice in modern history, and its leadership adheres to a doctrine of "no first strike".[11] The country's military budget is the lowest per capita in the Persian Gulf region besides the UAE.[11] Since 1979, there are no foreign military bases present in Iran. According to Article 146 of the Iranian Constitution, the establishment of any foreign military base in the country is forbidden, even for peaceful purposes.[12]

Sounds to me you are either really afraid of Iran or you are easily swayed by the all the war mongering. That's how it works. Screw hard evidence, attack!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You never answered my question. Are you okay with Iran having a nuclear weapon? How about one that could reach the U.S.

I'm not the idea scares the hell out of me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join