It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attraction And Race

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Backstory: Today someone said I am probably a racist, because I have never dated outside my own race. Myself, I find the idea absurd, that someone could equate not being sexually attracted to people outside your race as hating other races. But it did give me an idea for this thread. Collecting data is fun, and I have always been very interested in psychology.

1) Do you find yourself attracted to any race more than others?

2) Does it happen to be the race you were born into?

3) Do you believe that we somehow choose who were are attracted to?

4) Any thoughts you have about the topic you think might bring up some interesting discussion?

Thanks for participating in my thread to those that do

edit on Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:58:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm attracted to the Japanese for some strange reason, more so than others. I have no idea why. My girlfriend would kill me if she heard me say that but it's the truth.

No, it's not the race I was born into, I'm English. Do we chose who we attracted to? Yes and no, sitting on the fence here.
edit on 5/3/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think girls of all races are hot. I don't think you should be ashamed if you're white and like white girls. This white guilt thing is going a little too far.

You might like this clip

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You have no obligation to date someone of a different race to "prove" you are not racist. That's emotional blackmail. I've seen it used by males of one race trying to hit on females of another race. They say, "You won't date me because I'm (insert race here)." People using that line deserve no respect at all.

Having said that, I, personally, am attracted to all races. I can see beauty in all of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I think girls of all races are hot. I don't think you should be ashamed if you're white and like white girls. This white guilt thing is going a little too far.

yea agree 100%... I'm white and my girlfriend is Lebanese.

do the british count as the same race? those accents mannnnnnn

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Oh for the record, I am half native north american, and half white. At least 90% of the women I have been attracted to are white. I think the reason is that I grew up in the country, and most people are white there. Can't say I am ashamed or feel bad about it, I sure don't remember sitting down when I was 6 or so and deciding what I would be attracted to

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am only attracted to girls of the HOT race. I am a total racist, only HOT babes need apply. They come from all countries, but have one thing in common: HOTNESS.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

OH japanese women, they do seem to have a cuteness quality to them if that makes sense? Kinda hard to describe these kinds of things in words. I have never met a japanese woman IRL, only on FFXI

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Oh my, that british dude looked like he was gonna have a PC implosion

edit on Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:23:39 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I think that is true for most men, it is just each person has their own definition of hot. Some like them curvy etc. Personally I go for the athletic build, probably because I am also of an athletic build.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I watched the movie Kidulthood, brits talk a lot differently than I thought they did lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I tend to stick to my own race... that being cartoon cats....

I have such a crush on Duchess... with that french accent!!

Puuuurrr!!

Shes a Sexy beast!!

edit on 5-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Haha
FX. No, I don't think it's the same!

Anyway, yes I agree they do have a kind of cuteness to them but so do women of all races, like I said, I just don't know why I'm more attracted to them. Maybe I was born that way.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'll put some milk out for you both tonight.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Good to see you are still around, I always enjoy reading your posts

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Typically I'm more attracted to whites, but that doesn't mean I haven't been attracted (or been with) those of other races.

Yes.

Absolutely, we all have different turn ons and turn offs.

4) Any thoughts you have about the topic you think might bring up some interesting discussion?

For me, race isn't a criteria.
I'm an eyes guy. I like bright, light eyes. As it happens, most other races have dark eyes, so that's why I'm attracted to more whites. But, look at Rihanna for example (very light eyes). I'd hit that in a heartbeat...hehe...

I've been with an Asian gal before, and with a Black gal before, so I can appreciate women of different ethnic varieties...but being attracted mostly to your own race doesn't make you racist. Thinking your race is better than others or is somehow superior, now THAT makes one a racist.

Think about what attributes you are really attracted to, and that's likely why those meeting the criteria are of your own race. For example, there are certain cultural preferences that you may not like that are more identified with another race, and if you don't share those preferences, then it's less likely you'll meet someone of that race that fits the bill.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

A bright eye fetish, that is one I never heard before, very interesting. Any particular color, or it just has to be a light shade?

I had to look up who Rihanna was lol, and yeah, she does have some stunning eyes.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

1) Other than my white race......Mexicans. I like their passion. And if it counts as a race....Europeans. They seem to have a different oulook on things that I like.

2) I'm white

3) Of course. Who else is going to choose for me?

4)I don't associate with the type of person who is going to use the emotional blackmail route to make me feel guilty that I choose to be with white women more than any other. If I'm out looking for a good time I'll look around. If I want something meanigful and long lasting I'm going to stick to my own race. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to find it there, hell I could find a Tibetan woman who would turm out to be my soul mate for all I know. Possible....but not probable. The point is that I'm going to look at white women first because that's simply my preference. No need to read anything else into it because there is nothing else to it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

You go through like a thought process to decide if you are attracted to someone or not? In most things, I have a whole lot of internal chatter and analyzing going on, not attraction though. It seems like an autopilot type response for me. Some girls can walk by and I don't give it a second thought or glance. But some it's just like BAM! Eyes follow by themself lol.

It seems kind of like playing the odds if you are sticking to your own race or culture maybe. More likely to get along with someone that was brought up in the same kind of environment. I am a country boy, and I tend to be more attracted to country girls. City girls seem to be more into things, and counrty girls seem to be more into experiences if that makes any sense lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
as long as they're hot , willing and slim with good hygiene am attracted to them.

not attracted to the repulsive overweight, rude, poor hygiene and bad attitude ones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join