It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China To Increase Military Spending By 11.2%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

edition.cnn.com...

China plans to boost its official defence budget by 11.2 per cent this year as Beijing is balancing the modernisation of its armed forces against the need to keep military spending in line with economic development.

So China again increases its official military budget while America is making cuts. Both are in line with economic development I guess. China will overtake the United States as the worlds largest economy in 5 years. Will China also overtake the United States militarily by that time as well. It seems logical. America is finished. America has peaked. China is rising.

The Stockholm Institute for Peace Research, one of the most respected independent research institutions, estimates that the official figure accounts for about 60 per cent of China's total military spending.

We obviosly dont know the exact figure that China spends on its military but its probably twice what they tell us.

America will lose its Reserve Currency status sometime soon. The military is the main thing America has going for it. Once America runs out of borrowed money to fund its military,which is already happening it will be game over for America. It will be soon. Within five years.

Scared Americans find comfort in telling themselves that China's economy is linked to America's economy so it is in China's best interest to encourage an environment that is conducive to a healthy America. These people must be deluded or in denial. China is not America's friend. They are engaged in economic warfare with America and have been for some time. China wants to be the sole superpower. The way to achieve that status is to control the Reserve Currency status. That is the end game. Does anyone really think that China is happy to allow America to continue to control the Reserve Currency? China's goal for America is to use the land as a Chinese colony.

America couldnt even keep its Credit Rating. It is a failure of a nation. It is so far in the red that it can never pay it back. The military is America's only hope of holding on to the Reserve status. But the defence cuts will continue. America is a sinking ship. China will only get stronger as they continue to weaken America for the kill. America should attack China now if it hopes to survive before its too late. It may be already. It will be soon.

edit on 5-3-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i wouldnt worry as the stuff that your tax dollars has hidden away in the top secret labs will probably keep america tops for another 20-30 years even if it stopped all its r&d and cut its spending right back and if history has taught people one thing it is that maintaining an empire by pure military means is impossible ask the monguls/romans/us brits etc as the effort required keeps increasing just to stand still as while for the romans it was getting the legions to the right place at the right time now its multi million dollar missiles draining the bank balance like a drunk at a free bar

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

i wouldnt worry as the stuff that your tax dollars has hidden away in the top secret labs will probably keep america tops for another 20-30

You are probably right. I dont think the American people are included in the funding though. I can see a time when America is asking for aid. A time where China puts sanctions and embargo's on America

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Interesting.

While searching to see if this were a duplicate thread start - there's one in Breaking News on the topic - I found that China has increased their military spending and budget by double digit percentages every year since 2007 ... and perhaps even longer. 10, 11, 12 & even 18%

It would seem as though they've been funding their military buildup with export monies garnered from the US ... imagine that.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

whoops,i did a search but just got old threads. Im not too good on the search. But I noticed the same thing. There are threads with similar titles going back years.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

No worries. ATS allows for one in the Breaking News forums and one in the relevant board forum.

Yeah. I saw the same too .... China increases ... China to increase ... all in the low to mid double digit percentages for at least the past 5 years.

[ETA]

I just found it somewhat ironic that their increased exports to the US are likely helping to pay for the majority of it all.

edit on 3/5/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

like you said,its crazy that America is funding this. Its like America is funding its own demise.

I know Hitler was wrong on alot of things but his autarky was sensible. He did not trade with nation he saw as competitors. He did not rely on them. He did not fund them. What he did not have access to in Germany he bought from minor nations mostly in Africa. It makes total sense to be as independant as possible. There is no sense in relying on China. No sense in funding them.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

like you said,its crazy that America is funding this. Its like America is funding its own demise.

I don't know about all that. They're too heavily invested in and dependent upon their exports to the US and its overall economy to simply lop the head off their 'golden goose', so to speak.

The better approach would be to simply milk it dry and then own it by default when it's on its deathbed.

They're a tried, true and patient people when it comes to understanding and appreciating the value of time ... with regards its ability to weaken an opponent by no actual doings of your own.

edit on 3/5/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: typos

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

China plans to boost its official defence budget by 11.2 per cent this year as Beijing is balancing the modernisation of its armed forces against the need to keep military spending in line with economic development.

They are following the US step by step. One of the big advanatages the US has miliarily is the interstate highway system, and they have copied it down to the atom.

So China again increases its official military budget while America is making cuts. Both are in line with economic development I guess. China will overtake the United States as the worlds largest economy in 5 years.

A lot can happen in five years. China is at risk of over inflation and the dollar collapsing. They make a lot of risky and ego driven decisions, along with teh brilliant ones. Three Gorges Dam alone could be their archilles heel.

Will China also overtake the United States militarily by that time as well.

Nope.
The US military might is twice as much as the next 15 countries combined, and five times that of China alone, with budget cuts. China has to much earning discrepencies to ever generate enough revenue from its citizens to create an equal military. A good portion of their population are still rice farmers without a working toilet.

America is finished. America has peaked.

Don't be a drama queen, it looks even worse on men.

A 8.9% unemployment and a lower credit rating is hardly the end of anything.

China is rising.

Precariously.

Now here is what other people don't consider. China's biggest compitor isn't the US, it is India.
And don't think Russia will stay quiet for long either. You will now have two or three emerging countries competing for the same piece of pie.
So stop trying to simplify it.

The Stockholm Institute for Peace Research, one of the most respected independent research institutions, estimates that the official figure accounts for about 60 per cent of China's total military spending.

We obviosly dont know the exact figure that China spends on its military but its probably twice what they tell us.

Ok.

America will lose its Reserve Currency status sometime soon. The military is the main thing America has going for it.

America still manufactures 40% higher then China does. So no, military isn't our only economy.

Once America runs out of borrowed money to fund its military,which is already happening it will be game over for America. It will be soon. Within five years.

Is this your educated and informed response? I think not.

First off, most of America's debt is to Americans. Second of all, the money that has been lent from China AND Japan, doesn't necessarily have to be paid back.

Even with our current national debt, we will haven't even reached post WWII levels.

Scared Americans find comfort in telling themselves that China's economy is linked to America's economy so it is in China's best interest to encourage an environment that is conducive to a healthy America. These people must be deluded or in denial. China is not America's friend. They are engaged in economic warfare with America and have been for some time. China wants to be the sole superpower. The way to achieve that status is to control the Reserve Currency status. That is the end game. Does anyone really think that China is happy to allow America to continue to control the Reserve Currency? China's goal for America is to use the land as a Chinese colony.

Now your just talking out of your arse.

Or America is engaged with economic warfare against China. Ever consider that? We have a GDP that can outlast China, which is why we can carry so much debt.

Don't forget, they said the same thing about Russia and Japan. We were all supposed to be speaking Japanese by now....

America couldnt even keep its Credit Rating. It is a failure of a nation.

See my previous statement about being a drama queen. If you are going to try to dicuss world economics, leave the melodrama out of It.

is so far in the red that it can never pay it back.

Actually we have been in this much debt several times before.

edit on 5-3-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You sound scared and defensive.

I dont really see it as melodrama. Why did you lose your credit rating? You have the smell of death is why.
edit on 5-3-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sounds like a good marketing opportunity to US defense companies to me. New contracts means new job. Dont worry abut the consequences, we need production now!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Negating your hogwash isn't defensive. And don't try your little tactics on me, its sad.

Now, instead of trying to derail that you have no response by putting up a smokescreen, why don't you redeem yourelf and come up with a response?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Negating your hogwash isn't defensive. And don't try your little tactics on me, its sad.

Now, instead of trying to derail that you have no response by putting up a smokescreen, why don't you redeem yourelf and come up with a response?

That was a response. You didnt lose your credit rating for nothing genius. Losing your credit rating is significant. Did you remember how China spoke to you after the Credit Downgrade? They were laughing at you. They said "the good old days of borrowing your way out of debt are over". They would have been laughing their asses off in China. Losing the credit rating was a big thing. It says alot.

And when have you owed more money than now? Sounds like hogwash to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
well I guess we better increase ours by 22.4% then.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I think China would prefer to see a strong and rich America who'd continue to purchase and trade with China. A weakened and poor America would result in a lot of conflicts which in turn would destabilise the world economy. Europe is already facing this problem so China and Russia hopes that the US would pay more attention to its economy than getting involved all over the world. If there is a war in the Mideast, China and Russia would be there to gauge their military hardware but not to directly fight the US. War is the only opporturnity you have to see if your military gadgets work or not. This , I am sure you know like US supplying "Stinger" missiles to counter Soviet helo gunships in 80s Afganistan. Russia and China are staying out so why should US and Europe(NATO) get pulled in. Its draining you dry. On one hand you are complaining and on the other you are doing the same mistake over and over again. When will you people wake up.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This century ultimately belongs to China, Asia in general but China being the predominate player....can't forget growing economies like Brazil in south America either. But a massive and powerful military is not Americas true power, it is the petro dollar...it can use the military to try and maintain that hegemony over the world but it certainly won't help it hold on to power in the long run, the soviet union was militarily equal in many ways to America and it still collapsed. People also seem to forget that whether we are talking imports or exports, China is much more dependent on the EU than it is America
edit on 8-3-2012 by Scripter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join