It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's causing the mysterious sounds coming from the sky that are so loud they set off car alarms?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

If the "sky sounds" two to ten percent of the population are currently hearing do, in fact, have as their source the electromagnetic fluctuations of the auroea, would this not mean that 2-10% of the population (those that are hearing these sounds) are, in fact capable of directly perceiving electromagnetic impulses as information?

That is to say, they are "Human Radio Receivers".

And what additional implications might this, assumedly evolutionary "quirk", have?

For example, might main-stream science have finally discovered the biological process by which reported cases of telepathy might be explained?

Telepaths might not be delusional after all; they might just be more finely-tuned "radios" capable of picking up the electrmagnetically(EM)-based thoughts of their fellows. The human brain, afterall, is an EM generator based on electro-chemical processes.

On the other hand, if the scientists are contending that theses "Geo-sounds" are the result of some mechanical process, wherein naturally occurring electromagnetic energies are somehow generating a mechanical response in the atmosphere, which results in varying pressure waves perceived as sound; then how do they explain that only 2-10% of the population, and not the entire non-hearing impaired population, is capable of hearing these sounds?

A much bigger "dust bunny" seems about to be swept under the "rug"!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sounds like someone must of stole Godzilla's sweet roll....He is # pissed.

I am really curious what the origin is of these strange noises people are reporting.

Could be more then one explanation, that's if there's more then one origin?

Definitely odd & creepy imo

edit on 5-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
To all those saying that their response to the OP is, show me proof these sounds exist in the firstplace. Well you shouldn't worry, if there is any substance or cause to these sounds at all, you or somebody you know will hear the sounds for themself soon enough. I myself *believe* that i have heard these sounds myself. I live in Colorado and I heard the sky sounds one night in January. No i am not going to give my account of what i heard because i did in another thread and was just torn apart by the people who think this is all BS. No i did not take a video or record the sounds, even if i had, those same people will just tear apart my video as being fake and the sounds added afterwords(because everybody has something to gain from faking these sound videos, right.. ) but anyways. All i have to say is, i highly doubt that hundreds or maybe thousands of reports of this sound all across the world are all BS. That is just not likely. I am not worried about these sounds myself, but i know for a fact they are real from hearing them. I just hope maybe the sounds will become more frequent and heard in bigger ranges so then maybe more people will come together to find out what is causing them. Until then, i will not worry about it. If there is anything important with these sounds, it will become a bigger deal across the world and for more people, if there is nothing to the noises it will all just die down and wont be talked about soon enough. I wouldnt believe these sounds existed myself until i heard them. Just my two cents,
Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
They've been debunked.

These strange sounds are all explainable and/or hoaxes.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think I experienced one of these last Thursday night. I'd say it was just peculiar thunder...but, like I never heard/felt before. One quick flash of light (brighter and quicker than any lighting I've ever seen) followed by a house shaking, explosion type boom. I've been around for a little while and never felt/saw/heard anything quite like it. My younger kids were freaked so bad they sprinted from their rooms to my lap in seconds.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

If it is a black hole that you feel is large enough to eat our solar system it would be so massive that it's gravitational pull would have been seen picking up anything in its path including light waves , no doubt someone would have seen this.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't think it's coming from the sky.
It's coming from the Earth and it's the pressure causing the noise.

I think the suka is gonna blow!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I heard it in Australia, and we don't have auroras...? I guess it can be explained though.

Perhaps it could be this:

One of the top comments even talks about the strange souds...

Looks like that Gabriel guy wasn't bull#ting

edit on 5-3-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've heard the Northern lights Hiss back around 61. I suppose they can make other noises. If something shifts it tears our atmosphere and forms the northern lights. The northern lights are still there during the day but we just can't see them. Who knows what kinds of noises the earth can make. I don't think they should harm us directly but they can effect our brainwaves like music does. This can stimulate confusion, fear, anger, or sadness in people or can make some people more benevolent and caring. Their effect would be directly related to a persons true nature. They could uncover the truth about people.

Or I could just be blowing my horn.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am always reminded of the poster D4rk Kn1ght.

Here are a few links for anyone to new to remember the poster. He was eventually banned but due to other matters not pertaining to the posts indicated.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I make no claims that the poster was telling the truth. I know that in speaking with him in a few posts and private messages he seemed genuine. Again though I am not saying the guy was telling the truth.

All of the lights in the sky and now noises in the sky always make me recall his thread though. It did seem that for some time there was an increased number of lights in the sky sighted, and now the noises seem to be more frequent.

At this point I am still undecided as to the truth of any of it. I do though find it rather intriguing to say the least.

Raist

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

pigeots

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Best explanation I've seen yet....

GeoChange Journal

Wow, that's a pretty slick article. It's an interesting theory, don't see the fellows credentials listed, but it's an interesting theory nonetheless. I guess we'll see if his "scientific expectations" for increased geologic activity is accurate or not...time will tell.

Khalilov is world renown.

Here's some info about him HERE

And some more HERE

edit on 5-3-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
They do say that Earth and the entire Solar system is starting to move into an Electrically charged cloud in space, and it will take our solar system not years but thousands of years to pass through the cloud, This cloud is supposed to excite the sun, and many other unusual occurances. thats my take on where the sounds are coming from, Electrically charged particles crashing into our atmoshere???
edit on 5-3-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

A good theory.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

On Christmas Eve, 2009, the startling hypothesis that our Solar System, the Sun and all its planets, are moving into a potentially dangerous and destabilizing interstellar energy cloud, was resoundingly sustained. In their research paper, "A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System," published the December 24, 2009 issue of Nature, a highly respected scientific journal, M. Opher et al report on data transmitted from Voyager, the twin spacecraft that have been exploring the outer reaches of the Solar System since 1977.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
the earth is telling us, hey im about to change..............but it must be a northern thing because i have not heard it here in oz.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by spacedonk

What's causing the mysterious sounds coming from the sky that are so loud they set off car alarms? Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2110523/Whats-causing-mysterious-sounds-coming-sky-loud-set-car-alarms.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/u rl]

Mysterious sounds have been heard booming from the sky all around the world – in some cases they were so loud they set off car alarms.
The unsettling noises were heard recently from Europe to Canada, sounding like groans and powerful horns.
In Germany noises coming from the sky were recorded on a video camera and uploaded to YouTube, with car alarms clearly heard going off in the background.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visi t the link for the full news article)

My belief, is that the solar system is near a vary large black hole and that stresses are causing both the sounds and the devastation we are now experiencing every period between late December and March. We can expect another Japan style calamity any day now if I am correct. The sounds that people are hearing are the transference of gravitational waves as they stretch and condense matter. Soon, the entire world will be hearing the sounds more often and then it will be too late. There isn't anything anyone can do except hope that the solar system and the black hole pass by each other and that the black hole cannot get a grip it it.

edit on 5-3-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

That doesnt sound too far off...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

If the "sky sounds" two to ten percent of the population are currently hearing do, in fact, have as their source the electromagnetic fluctuations of the auroea, would this not mean that 2-10% of the population (those that are hearing these sounds) are, in fact capable of directly perceiving electromagnetic impulses as information?

That is to say, they are "Human Radio Receivers".

I may be being a bit dumb here but - if the sounds are generated by some source that only 2-10% of the population can hear, then howcome we can all hear them on the youtube vids?? Doesn't that kind of trash that theory?

peace
J

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's just like UFOs, seeing/hearing is believing.

[troll]Aliens are copying our behavior, they altered/tuned their mufflers so their spaceships have a better sound like humans with their sports-cars[/troll]

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The car alarm one is a hoax. It is the sound the ship in "District 9" made when it moved.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
They do say that Earth and the entire Solar system is starting to move into an Electrically charged cloud in space, and it will take our solar system not years but thousands of years to pass through the cloud, This cloud is supposed to excite the sun, and many other unusual occurances. thats my take on where the sounds are coming from, Electrically charged particles crashing into our atmoshere???
edit on 5-3-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

I could agree with that but the very first real one in Tibet was coming from a large Cave, then the next one was in north Florida that was also very close to the Florida Caverns. With all the uptick in Seismic activity I think the earth is just moaning and groaning. That would also give evidence of the world wide earthquake prophesied in the bible.

Freaky times to live in, that is for sure.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-3-2012 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

OK, well this one we also heard ourselves (re: verifiable video)
As I've said in other threads, we haven't heard trumpets. Just what sounds similar to a plane for extended (up to hours at a time) timeframes.
We were a little surprised to see the "trumpet-sounding" youtube shot in Saskatoon a month or so ago. We've been listening. The city has maybe a 25 mi. radius, you think we'd have heard it too, but I can't bash what I haven't heard.
But this, we've heard, many times in the last few months: (no drama; you really gotta listen close)

sound becomes most clear at the 1 min. mark
Are these the sounds the trumpet hoaxes are supposed to be over-shadowing?
PS Not sure about the credibility of the U of S science profs somuch anymore, nookclear-friendly governing board, now, & all that goes with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join