It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont Senate passes bill ending philosophical exemptions from school vaccination requirements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The Vermont Senate recently passed a bill that is now on its way to the state House, which, if signed into law, would end the ability for parents to avoid getting their children vaccinated based on philosophical grounds. This means that children will not be able to go to school if their parents refuse the vaccines, as they can no longer be exempt from the requirement based on parents' philosophical opposition.

While a religious exemption would supposedly remain in place, this does not mean much given that both senators and Vermont Health Department officials have agreed that there are no standards in Vermont law which define religious belief.

Baruth stated he was “troubled though, that we would remove philosophical conviction as something that would be allowed to those who don’t profess an organized religion. It seems to me we’re moving down a path where we’re creating … a set of rights for people of professed, organized religion, and taking them away from people who have deeply held convictions but who do not in fact worship this or that higher being.” Baruth’s point is, in my opinion, very important and indeed it is quite troubling that the law would treat a philosophical position any different from a religious one.

So basically in Vermont, as it now stands, if you have a religious objection, you're still ok. If however, for whatever philosophical qualms you have about vaccines, too bad.

As the states continue to set up this kind of situation, where you have an objection, are they setting you up to lie about your beliefs? And how will they "enforce" this situation if in fact you have no beliefs to begin with?

I hear alot of talk lately about "states' rights", but what do you do when the states it seems, are taking cues from the govt?

Source
edit on 5-3-2012 by schadenfreude because: forgot source

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Not to sound like a cliche, but they know that we know.

The pharmaceutical industry has told us that vaccines are safe. Of-course the ingredients are secret because its "proprietary information" and the federal government via the FCC has said that vaccine manufacturers cant be sued, how sweet.

Of-course vaccines are known to contain the SV-40 cancer virus, but thats ok, theres too many people anyway.

Im so glad we have these government agencies "protecting us". Its not like Washington D.C. is a cesspool of waste and corruption.

edit on 5-3-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I hope that was all sarcasm. A reasonably intelligent person should be able to see the agenda at hand if they've done any research into the topic.

Bill Gates wants sustainability, which is depopulation, thinning the herd.
Bill Gates loves vaccines, said they should help reduce population by 10-15%.
Vaccines are "forced" upon infants and children, side effects may damage you for life, but it's worth that risk?

The public education system is beyond broken, home schooling is a win-win, no vaccinations required, and they get a better education. I have yet to meet a home schooled idiot.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Funny how the Quakers dont get autism and dont use vaccines. Yet they are safe...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I hate it. It sounds stupid. I'm against it.

That being said. . . . .

I'd be a big-azz hypocrite if I didn't support the right for a state to do something stupid.

Guess I won't be moving to Vermont.
Darn, and I like maple syrup too!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Okay then, if it's mandated, are they going to pay for it? If there is a problem with the vaccine, can the state also be held liable? Same question if a child has a reaction.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Most white papers, or inserts show the exact opposite to what the doctor tells you about the risks involved with these vaccines. Of course, even when you read them, you'll get something like this out there to "pacify" those waking up.

Of course, for even suggesting the idea that something isn't kosher regarding vaccines makes me a "conspiracy theorist".

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

That being said. . . . .

I'd be a big-azz hypocrite if I didn't support the right for a state to do something stupid.

"The states have the right..." argument is soon going to bite us in the butt. If you go down the point where the states OWNS you, or what yo can do, what will happen to your mindset when the states' actions reflect the govts? Is there ANY REAL difference between the mentality in Washington, and the higher state levels.

Methinks some of us are painting ourselves in a corner.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I HATE forced vaccination. What I hate even more is that if your should suffer a reaction, you have no recourse.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What natural home remedy stopped the polio epidemic? Oh yeah, it was the polio vaccine that stopped it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
What natural home remedy stopped the polio epidemic? Oh yeah, it was the polio vaccine that stopped it.

Polio was already dropping down in statistics when the vaccine was introduced to the population, but the vaccines took the credit for the drop off.

Check out some of these facts about the vaccines...

'Nearly all polio outbreaks since 1961 were caused by the oral polio vaccine,'
-Jonas Salk, inventor of the IPV, testifying before a Senate subcommittee

www.informedchoice.info...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm surprised. From everything else I'd read, Vermont was actually supposed to have one of the least evil state governments in America.

Oh well. I guess they can't be relied on to do the right thing 100% of the time.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude

"The states have the right..." argument is soon going to bite us in the butt. If you go down the point where the states OWNS you, or what yo can do, what will happen to your mindset when the states' actions reflect the govts? Is there ANY REAL difference between the mentality in Washington, and the higher state levels.

Methinks some of us are painting ourselves in a corner.

That'll always be the risk in our form of government. That one day a majority of idiots would vote idiots to lead them and create idiotic laws to live under.

(sounds like we're just about there)

Freedom always carries the risk of being "free" to do something stupid.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Polio was already dropping down in statistics when the vaccine was introduced to the population, but the vaccines took the credit for the drop off.

Thanks for pointing this out, glad someone did.

Then you have this page, that says basically polio has to "run it's course".

Link

So much for that.
edit on 5-3-2012 by schadenfreude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

How many outbreaks were there after the use of the vaccine? What were the severity of the "outbreaks" compared to the epidemic before the vaccine?
edit to add: The inventor of IPV was talking about OPV, they are not the same thing.
edit on 5-3-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude
I hear alot of talk lately about "states' rights", but what do you do when the states it seems, are taking cues from the govt?

Source

The political power spectrum runs somewhat like this:

Individual > States > Federal

If the People of Vermont do not agree with this, they will, like most other states, initiate ballot measures to correct the error (if there is one) produced by their State Government.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

That being said. . . . .

Exactly and this is an excellent point! When individual states legislate it still gives the Individual the latitude to separate themselves from such legislation via leaving the state and finding one that better sits with their principles and ideals.

When the Federal Government does it -- we all suffer, States and Individuals alike. There is no escaping it absent obtaining citizenship in a different country.

top topics

join