It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Summary of Existence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Survival is the mandate. Our existence is propagated by love and fear. Without fear, we wouldn't run from lions. Without love, we would kill ourselves. We are being pushed by fear and pulled by love as we grow in intelligence and without love and fear we would not survive.

The point is to grow in intelligence. Energy is intelligent energy and that is what we are. So we have to live and we have to grow.

Consciousness has something to do with the interaction between gravity and light. Fear and love. Look at a tree. The tree grows, but as it grows, not only does it grow towards light, it also grows towards gravity. The point of it all is to grow. Life is needed for the universe to be able to define itself. Therefore, whatever you define this as, is to some degree, what it is, because you are that which defines.

The point of intelligent energy is to paint a clearer and clearer picture of the universe, of existence. We grow towards love and away from fear, however we stay balanced at all times between the two so progression is infinite. Progression is infinite because there is no absolute definition for the universe. All you can do is get better and better at defining it but no matter what, your definition will only be partial. Endlessness.

The root of all intelligence is consciousness. That is the ability to say, "I am" or "This is". Being intelligent energy, we can infer that the root of all that is is consciousness- the essence of life. All begins and ends with that, however, no one can really know exactly what that is. We know it is the essence of life, but we will never fully understand the implications and the possibilities of what that is.

And that's what we're doing here. We are consciousness experiencing the possibilities of itself. We are unity in diversity. We need diversity, because we need something to experience, because without something to perceive, what is a perceiver? It is nothing. We are one perceiver. And we aren't nothing. We are infinite awareness experiencing itself in individual perspectives so that it can fully grasp the infinite magnitude of its isness. We are never the same today as we were yesterday. We fluctuate freely because there is no absolute definition for what consciousness is. Nothing infinite can be absolutely defined because at the point of a supposed absolute definition, there is infinitely more. Consciousness just is and can't be defined.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I like that you have drawn parallels between the physical and the spiritual and fully agree with you. I’ve always thought that our purpose here is to simply experience existence. We’re the universe's way of knowing itself.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

the root of all that is is consciousness- the essence of life.

This is my favorite part of your post.

Everything - EVERYTHING - is energy. And energy is consciousness. Consciousness is life.

God is conscious energy. And we are made of the same. We are God, and God is us. We are the leaves of the tree...

So why do we insist upon separating ourselves from the universe? Why do we insist upon poisoning the tree, upon drifting free with the wind and dying alone?

This is the question we must ask.
edit on CMondayam444413f13America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
I like that you have drawn parallels between the physical and the spiritual and fully agree with you. I’ve always thought that our purpose here is to simply experience existence. We’re the universe's way of knowing itself.

The important thing to know here is that the universe is the knower, not your individual self. The perceiver is one.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Right... I agree. This type of philosphy is very "Taoist".

I find that when one seeks answers with utmost sincerity, it is easy to discover independently for ourselves the truths that have been discovered previously.

“To know that you do not know is the best.
To pretend to know when you do not know is a disease.”
― Lao Tzu

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

the root of all that is is consciousness- the essence of life.

This is my favorite part of your post.

Everything - EVERYTHING - is energy. And energy is consciousness. Consciousness is life.

God is conscious energy. And we are made of the same. We are God, and God is us. We are the leaves of the tree...

So why do we insist upon separating ourselves from the universe? Why do we insist upon poisoning the tree, upon drifting free with the wind and dying alone?

This is the question we must ask.
edit on CMondayam444413f13America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Its not us that have separated ourselves. We are individuals and we are meant to experience an individual perspective. Our individual perspectives make our default interpretation of our existence as something separate from everything else. The belief in separation does serve a purpose.

There has to be diversity for consciousness to exist. Consciousness is the unity but it experience diversity. If there was no diversity for the perceiver to perceive and there was no differences, then the perceiver would have nothing to perceive and a perceiver without an object of perception is not a perceiver. So the fact of the existence of the perceiver as a first cause gives rise to an infinite spectrum of possible forms. All forms being infinite aspects of the one perceiver. The diverse forms create a belief in separation. A belief in separation is equal to a belief in separation between your individual self and your true self. Beilieving yourself to be separate from yourself causes suffering. The suffering is a necessary catalyst to spark the realization of unity.

In short, a belief in separation puts us on the fast track to learning.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Admittedly, I also find myself sometimes even questioning existence itself. If we are energy and consciousness, then we are the essence of life, and if the essence of life is love and truth/intelligence, then love is the only path we are destined to take. And that is all.

"Infinite love is the only truth, everything else is illusion."
-David Icke

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Here's my summary of existence.

There. It's in the quoted area. As you can plainly see the box is empty of any and all words or symbols. But is this box totally devoid of information? No, the box is a grey area. That is my summary of existence. A grey area.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

There. It's in the quoted area. As you can plainly see the box is empty of any and all words or symbols. But is this box totally devoid of information? No, the box is a grey area. That is my summary of existence. A grey area.

I agree.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Survival is not required when one is eternal.
Intelligence does not need to grow, it is intelligent energy. It is all knowing. The human mind just needs to realize 'this', instead of believing it's own thoughts.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Wow that's really deep.....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

But we're not eternal. We die around 80 years old. Perhaps we exist eternally in some other form, but survival is required for this temporary one.

Intelligence does not need to grow, it is intelligent energy. It is all knowing. The human mind just needs to realize 'this', instead of believing it's own thoughts.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I think the human mind should get rid of thoughts all together. When there's no thoughts, then the mind is much freer. Stress is a known killer. Most thoughts are stressors.
edit on 22-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

But we're not eternal. We die around 80 years old. Perhaps we exist eternally in some other form, but survival is required for this temporary one.

I think the human mind should get rid of thoughts all together. When there's no thoughts, then the mind is much freer. Stress is a known killer. Most thoughts are stressors.

When you realize the Real You is eternal, there is no stress for what matters to the eternal?

I now live day by day and no longer worry about tomorrow and I don't even worry about today and if my person departs this Construct today or tomorrow, I can't wait to find out where the true eYe gets to play next.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

It would be impossible to get rid of thought. Thought is an appearance, just like any other vision or sound or sensation, it is seen and known. The seer and knower of the thoughts/feelings is not bothered by the appearances, the appearances are constantly changing. The scenery is moving and changing but the seer/the knower never changes and is constant.
Realize that you are not the existing 'form', you are the 'seer/witness' of existing 'form'.
The 'no form' that you are cannot stop existing because it never did exist. The 'no form' is the seer and knower of form.

This is from Wiki (omniscience):
"And yet again, there is His knowing of all things by a simple act of knowing. And there is His distinctly seeing with His divine, all-seeing, and immaterial eye all things at once"

1.Omniscient
2.Boundless
3.Unlimited
4.Uncontained
5.The containing and sustaining of all things
6.Timeless
7.Omnipresent

edit on 23-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

This Alan Watts talk is fantanstic, i think you will like it:
youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

join