It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker with $3.4 million dollar home stabbed cab driver over $204 cab ride

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This kind of follows the banker who gave a waitress a 1% tip and wrote on the bill to get a real job, in protest of Occupy Wallstreet..

William Bryan Jennings, Morgan Stanley’s bond-underwriting chief in the U.S., was charged with a hate crime in the stabbing of a New York City cab driver of Middle Eastern descent over a fare. Mohamed Ammar said the banker attacked him Dec. 22 with a 2½-inch blade and used racial slurs after a 40-mile ride from New York to the banker’s $3.4 million Darien, Connecticut home. Enlarge image William Bryan Jennings William Bryan Jennings, Morgan Stanley’s bond-underwriting chief in the U.S., is shown in this undated photo provided to the media by the Darien, Connecticut police department on March 4, 2012. Source: Darien Police Department via Bloomberg Jennings, who had attended a bank holiday party at a boutique hotel in Manhattan before hailing the cab, refused to pay the $204 fare upon arriving in his driveway, the driver said. When Ammar threatened to call the local police, Jennings said they wouldn’t do anything to help because he pays $10,000 in taxes, according to a report by the Darien police department

source

I'm coming to the conclusion that much of the high level finance industry is nothing but a Mafia type operation. With the advent of all these ridiculous derivatives and such, these people are making money out of nothing. They provide little to no real economic benefit that helps people work and live. many of these evil men have become so disillusioned by money and the power it gives them, that they've outright lost their minds and morals (if they had morals to begin with).

bring back Glass Stegal, let the mega banks fail, and give the Congress the power of coinage and issuance of money, and many problems would go away. It would produce a giant retraction in GDP, but that's likely to happen on it's own in a bigger way thanks to these corrupt banker scum who make money by creating asset bubbles.

And then they don't want to fork over a couple hundred for a cab ride...
edit on 5-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I hate when they use
the term "Hate Crime"

its a Savage hypocrisy

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
he was probly all coked up from a fresh shipment that his secret society political seated buddys just freshly imported................... Cocaine its a hella of a drug.-Rick james

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You have to wonder if this man was extremely intoxicated, racists, or just a bigot who thinks he is above the law and obviously $204. It is at least nice to hear that he turned himself in and could be facing multiple years in jail. Guess the cops are doing to do something regardless of the $10,000 he pays in taxes after all.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
he was probly all coked up from a fresh shipment that his secret society political seated buddys just freshly imported................... Cocaine its a hella of a drug.-Rick james

These folks know time is running out as well.
A type personality pile driving dopamine junkies. I got mine,,,get yours survival of the fittest mentality.

I would have given the cabby 200 and a fifty tip and thanked him for his time if it was my money and position in society.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So the banker throws a hissy fit because he feels the cab guy is over charging him. They get into a heated argument. The banker says screw you, I'm not paying so the cab driver drives off with the banker in his cab against his will. The banker pulls out a knife and the driver gets his hand cut.

Technically the cab driver did kidnap the banker. You can't drive off with someone in your car because they didn't pay you. Its up for the police to charge him with a crime and then to sue him in civil court to get your money since it is service based.

I'd be freaked out if the cab driver drove off with me in his car against my will. I'd probably try to stab him too, what if he was nuts and tried to kill me

Of course the banker part provides us with a biased view in favor of the cab driver. But they were both in the wrong.
edit on 5-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I guess you missed this part in the linked article:

The banker, who eventually fled the cab and turned himself in two weeks later after a vacation in Florida, was charged with second-degree assault, theft of services and intimidation by bias or bigotry. He faces as long as 5 years in prison on the assault charge.

ETA IMHO an admission of guilt if ever there was one. You don't report a crime but instead go on holiday for 2 weeks first?
edit on 5/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
"Technically" the cab driver performed a citizens arrest on a deadbeat fare!

If you have a problem with being charged to much for something, you call their boss. If you don't get anywhere with that, then you call the BBB. Then you go to court, or call your government rep in your area and ask to have this issue delt with. That's what a sane person does.

This banker should get charged with attempted murder, and have to pay for the cab drivers lost wages, and emotional, and physical suffering. 5 years in jail is a good start.

edit on 5-3-2012 by theclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Charge him with attempted murder and take file civil suit and take all his assets.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Technically the cab driver did kidnap the banker.

At no time was the banker NOT able to exit the vehicle. Moving or not.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
I hate when they use
the term "Hate Crime"

its a Savage hypocrisy

Have it be known today that you are hearby charged with the new addendum to the hate crime law for hating the hate crime . If found guilty of hating in this most detestable and abhorible manner you will serve no less than Five years in prison / reeducation facility and or servitutude in the next economic war zone chosen by the NWO.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Azadok because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If the banker was as drunk as they say he was it would have been difficult for him to exit the cab .... but my question is why was he carrying a knife?

The lawyers will have there work cut out defending this banker.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
This kind of follows the banker who gave a waitress a 1% tip and wrote on the bill to get a real job, in protest of Occupy Wallstreet..

That story was proved a hoax.

This one?

Okay. If we're going to demonize all "1%" ers for this guy, then all Occupiers do toilet on cop cars and rape.

This class warfare "meme" is just getting started.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I expect he'll get an apology from the judge aqnd senior police officials for bothering him.

You'd think, having his address, they'd have picked him up at home as soon as he returned after this little escapade. The guy probably made some calls, was provided with a safe house and sent off to Florida while his lawyer and rich contacts started smoothing the way for a minor plea deal.

See, the rich don't have SWAT teams kicking in their doors and hunting them down, that's for the ordinary people, and the rich get to hand themselves in at their convenience after the likely outcome has been predetermined by calling in a few favours.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
He figured that while he was in the cab ride, his bounds fell by 100 000$, so he didn't feel like paying anymore that day. Oh poor bankers!

I deem that 204$ for a 40 mile cab ride is what it is worth.

I got a #ty salary and I still would of payed the 204$ + tip.
It's just civil common sense, something a lot lose with a big salary.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

I hate it too.. recently there was a gang attack where a group of black girls beating up a white girl on camera using every racial slur you could think of. When whites asked why they refuse to prosecute it as a hate crime..... they were called racists?

IMO, the banker deserves every punishment he gets.. except being labeled a "hate crime" because there is no such thing as a "hate crime" since all crimes are hateful. I'm sick and tired of this liberal PC BS.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

I'm coming to the conclusion that much of the high level finance industry is nothing but a Mafia type operation.

Right on.

These pigs are a disgrace to the nation.

But the bigger digrace rests with the people of the US who have not done more to cut this cancer from the heart of our nation.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I wasn't there so I'm not going to jump to conclusions and pick a side. I will say I think charging the banker with hate crime laws is preposterous. I also find it pretty suspect that the banker didn't call the police.

Does $200 seem a bit much for the mileage to anyone else? I think I usually pay about 70 for just under an hours ride. I suppose it's more expensive over there and the traffic is worse.

Either way, it sounds as if both of these gentleman made bad decisions (assuming cabby actually drove off). Bet the banker wishes he ponied up the dough and went through proper channels instead of getting hauled in and posting bail and paying for counsel.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hahah Greed is a B!^@#. He is definitely thinking of how 200 dollars is a small price to pay pretty much chump change compare to his pay. he probably spend 5 times as much on drinks from the party he was coming from. compare to his reputation being tarnished( most likely won't get a job banking with a violent record) the lawyer fees and the bail if he gets it, he must be sitting there crying. and since taxis comes with video and voice recorders now a days, im sure he must have said something to justify the police charging him for hate crime. just speculating like everyone else. I really doubt he is going to face five years because as our glorious legal systems have proven to us: its not who is guilty or innocent its who can pay the highest buck to the best liar/convincer/manipulator(lawyers) and "truth" shall prevail. given the right amount of price. in the end the judges are the referees in the game of justice(court of law) where the best player(usually the highest paid(lawyer) and their smooth tongues can convince a jury to convict

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

He probably hoped that the cab guy would drop the charges or forget about it

They both did wrong imo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join