It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney who defended American Taliban promoted to no. 3 spot in DOJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I did a search for this articles title and nothing came up so please forgive me if this has been posted under another name.

Tony West, the attorney who defended John Walker Lindh has been promoted to Acting Associate Attorney general. Can someone please tell me why we are promoting people like this if we are supposed to be fighting Terrorist and the Taliban? To me, this seems to be nothing more than another appeasement for the bad guys from Obama.

source

The lawyer who in 2002 represented John Walker Lindh, an American who pleaded guilty to working with the Taliban in Afghanistan, has been named new acting associate attorney general, the third highest ranking position in the Department of Justice. The Washington Post reports that Tony West, who has donated thousands to Democratic Party candidates and helped raise a record $65 million as California co-chairman for the 2008 Obama campaign, will take over the new role in two weeks where he will oversee a broad range of issues including civil rights, the environment and natural resources, tax and civil litigation.

He raised $65 million dollars to help Obama get elected and now he gets a huge promotion that many believe he does not deserve. Could this be another example of "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours"?

Former DOJ official J. Christian Adams spoke Sunday on Fox News Channel to criticize West’s appointment, claiming that the hire is the latest from an administration that has developed a pattern of filling the DOJ with attorneys who had previously “took on the most radical causes.”

Eric Holder is responsible for this promotion as well. This guy is scum among scum.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
note the defendant didn't get off
its called controlled opposition
this * is getting promoted for making the case go as planned

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

That's an angle I hadn't considered. However you would have to think that if the PTB were smart enough to come up with this scenario, then they would be smart enough to know how bad this looks.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

That's an angle I hadn't considered. However you would have to think that if the PTB were smart enough to come up with this scenario, then they would be smart enough to know how bad this looks.

the PTB have passed caring how bad it looks they just do what they the want

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos

reply to post by Maponos

How does that have any bearing on this discussion? This is NOT a matter of skin color...

This comment
Can someone please tell me why we are promoting people like this if we are supposed to be fighting Terrorist and the Taliban?

I presume now the lawyers of terrorists are terrorists by association? Or is it just cos you hate the taliban, I think you are a racist therefore the race argument is valid.

edit on 5-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

Uh no. I think most attorneys are scum, but the ones who defend groups who harbor criminals who are trying to destroy my country are the worst among them. Nice assumption though

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Could this be another example of "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours"?

Well, Duh!

Cronyism at its finest.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thats what I'm thinking as well. This crap has been going on for over 20 years and seriously needs to be made illegal.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
excellent thread BTW
did you catch the trial of the underwear bummer by any chance?

BREAKING: Kurt Haskell Exposes Government False Flag Operation During Underwear Bomber Sentencing
Exclusive: Personal Statement from Kurt Haskell, Delta 253 Passenger

www.infowars.com...

Haskell, a lawyer, was turned down as a witness for the defense and had to expose the truth in his victim impact statement
an honest defense lawyer woulda coulda shoulda have blown the prosecution out of the water with this

You mean the Eric Holder?
Mister Fast and Furious, Mister arm the cartels to screw the 2nd amendment, Mister lied to congress?

edit on 5-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have no love for taliban or for lawyers, but this is his profession. This is what he does. In states where law is separate branch of government every citizen has the right for legal representation. Even terrorists or mass murderers or other lawyers
Begging forgivness from all the MDs for making such a comparison between the two professions,but for the sake of the truth:
You would not object to promotion to high government position of private doctor who treated terrorist. Because it it his job.
I think that it is the same here. Legal system has to work and defendent needs attorney.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

thanks man

I havent caught the specifics of the trial but I have heard bits and pieces about it. Looks like I have some more reading to do!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I have no love for taliban or for lawyers, but this is his profession. This is what he does. In states where law is separate branch of government every citizen has the right for legal representation. Even terrorists or mass murderers or other lawyers
Begging forgivness from all the MDs for making such a comparison between the two professions,but for the sake of the truth:
You would not object to promotion to high government position of private doctor who treated terrorist. Because it it his job.
I think that it is the same here. Legal system has to work and defendent needs attorney.

you're right...my father-in-law was a japanese-american during WW2, they took his land and all his possessions except for 1 suitcase and sent his off to the internment camp...after he was released, he NEVER again believed in the constitution, when he needed it the most, white anglo-saxon america made sure it didn't apply to him.

new topics

top topics

join