It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Voting = Can't Complain??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I can't stand that saying myself.

It's called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

If there was no right to free speech, then I might take that saying seriously, but as it stands, freedom of speech means I can bitch even if I don't vote.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
So you say:

Originally posted by ANOK
If you vote you are directly participating in the system.

But then add:

I do vote for some local issues, but even that is sometimes a waste of time because the Feds refuse to accept state law if they don't like it.

edit on 3/6/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

Thats hypocrisy, i'm afraid. Don't slate me for something you yourself admit to doing.

I've always maintained that if living in America, or Britain, or any Western country is so bad, why don't you exercise your right to life in another, less 'westernised' country...say Somalia....or Mexico....have fun with that.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe
Thats hypocrisy, i'm afraid. Don't slate me for something you yourself admit to doing.

I've always maintained that if living in America, or Britain, or any Western country is so bad, why don't you exercise your right to life in another, less 'westernised' country...say Somalia....or Mexico....have fun with that.

Oh c'mon I was referring to voting for president, or a representative, some local votes for actual issues, such as prop 215 is different. It's not hypocrisy, and I wasn't slating you for anything, you are taking this way too personally. Separate yourself from the issues you discuss, otherwise you will be biased by your emotions.

Who said living here is so bad? If people don't criticize their own country, nothing would ever improve. If people like you said 'move to another country' when they didn't like, women voting, slavery, the right to beat your wife, children allowed to work, no work safety, etc. then we'd be worse than China. How fun would that be?

Hey you don't like illegal emigration, Obama, abortion, left wingers, people with opinions, people who don't agree with you, well I've always maintained if living in America, or Britain, or any Western country is so bad, why don't you....

Typical right wing attitude, my way or get out!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Not voting isn't saying that you don't care who is president, it's saying that you will not give either of the two candidates that actually has a chance of winning your endorsement and that you will not waste your time voting for a fringe candidate that hasn't got a snowball's chance. A vote for a fringe candidate is the same as not voting.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yup...I fully support you OP and I too hate it when someone says that

I have zero desire to vote for ANY candidate that is running. Not sure what I will do on election day, other than cry.
Im a registered Republican, but not one candidate running fully represents me nor do I think they are what our country needs...

Id rather vote at the local state level too where votes actually really matter....
edit on March 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join