It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Was the Glenn Beck Show Just Censored?

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I was just listening to the Glenn Beck program and a guy named Dan Bongino was on the program. He is running for senate in Maryland and he was talking about how the Tea Party and the OWS movements should consider getting together to protest some of the recent infringes on personal liberties such as the NDAA and the laws regarding the CIA. However, during this the station sounded like it was breaking up and I know it wasn't just his phone because Glenn didn't say anything about not being able to hear him. This lasted for about 25 seconds and when the station came back he was onto a different topic altogether.

Your thoughts?




posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
I was just listening to the Glenn Beck program and a guy named Dan Bongino was on the program. He is running for senate in Maryland and he was talking about how the Tea Party and the OWS movements should consider getting together to protest some of the recent infringes on personal liberties such as the NDAA and the laws regarding the CIA. However, during this the station sounded like it was breaking up and I know it wasn't just his phone because Glenn didn't say anything about not being able to hear him. This lasted for about 25 seconds and when the station came back he was onto a different topic altogether.

Your thoughts?


and this is bad how? the guy is a fruitcake, nuttier than a santorum, and less tasty than a bachman



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Glenn Beck has a history of censoring callers by cutting off their calls if they disagree with him. It's possible he didn't like what he was hearing and had his guest censored by "technical issues". Then again it could have actually been real technical issues.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Starrunner because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starrunner
Glenn Beck has a history of censoring callers by cutting off their calls if they disagree with him. It's possible he didn't like what he was hearing and had his guest censored by "technical issues". Then again it could have actually been real technical issues.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Starrunner because: (no reason given)



I don't think so. I listen to GB regularly and have never once heard him censor his calls or hang up on call in guest. With that said, I have heard him hang up once on a caller commenting on a call in guest but that was because she was being very rude to Beck and his team. Rude in a vulgar deploring way.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22
 


OP just a fair warning you are going to get a lot of crap for posting about Glenn Beck.. I don't listen to the big cry baby.. but this caller had a point, joining forces to protest certain things that both factions agree upon would be outstanding.... and it would topple TPTBs divide and conquer routine all together



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a few months ago I was also listening to Beck, (I forogt what it was about) but I turned the station and put another talk radio show on, the person was talking the same story word for word what beck was saying, either that person immediately stole becks story OR not only are all the shows censored they are also scripted.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I actually care about my fellow man.

So I don't listen to Beck, or any other hate-monger.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Ketzer22
 


OP just a fair warning you are going to get a lot of crap for posting about Glenn Beck.. I don't listen to the big cry baby.. but this caller had a point, joining forces to protest certain things that both factions agree upon would be outstanding.... and it would topple TPTBs divide and conquer routine all together


The two cannot get together, because it is impossible. The Tea Party wants less government, and OWS wants more Government, because they think that will solve our problems, when in fact it is big government that has caused all of the problems in the first place. My point is that even though the two sides may agree on what a particular problem is, the solutions are vastly different.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


To put it even simpler, neither could agree on the end or even justify the means to get there.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Someone listens to Glenn Beck? I thought (wished) that faker was gone for good! Next on the list will be Rush Limbaugh....Hoping they "Imus" him! But, yeah, it was probably censored. The guest probably strayed from the script.
edit on 5-3-2012 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Ketzer22
 


OP just a fair warning you are going to get a lot of crap for posting about Glenn Beck.. I don't listen to the big cry baby.. but this caller had a point, joining forces to protest certain things that both factions agree upon would be outstanding.... and it would topple TPTBs divide and conquer routine all together


The two cannot get together, because it is impossible. The Tea Party wants less government, and OWS wants more Government, because they think that will solve our problems, when in fact it is big government that has caused all of the problems in the first place. My point is that even though the two sides may agree on what a particular problem is, the solutions are vastly different.


agreed! Now for some reason both sides want to do away with NDAA and other laws like SOPA and what not... but looking at both sides of the spectrum (it really doesnt make sense) also I dont think those with jobs (aka the teaparty) would want to get together with OWS based on principal, and I really can't say I blame them.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sorry, I posted this thread right before I went into work today and haven't had time to respond to it. I figured I'd get flamed for posting about Beck, lol.. But I only usually catch his show on the way into work in the morning and I usually only listen to it because I really can't stand the music on the radio.

But the guest he was talking to was actually one of his friends. Neither Beck or the guest commented on the technical difficulties.
That guest was a former CIA agent who worked for Bush and Obama and he was saying that. Its a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation, IMO.

I originally said that the tea party and OWS should join forces and I've always felt that the Republicans and Democrats were trying to use the old conquer and divide tactic, I think if OWS and Tea Party people would get together they would realize they have a lot more in common than they realize.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab
 


Many shows, Beck included, use The Drudge Report as show prep. What you experienced was two shows using the same drudge headline/link to pull their show content from. Read the news story and expound/opine....



posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdb51
Someone listens to Glenn Beck? I thought (wished) that faker was gone for good! Next on the list will be Rush Limbaugh....Hoping they "Imus" him! But, yeah, it was probably censored. The guest probably strayed from the script.
edit on 5-3-2012 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)


Actually he's got more listeners/viewers/subscribers/members than ever before, regardless of what Media Matters would have you believe. He's also starting to gain momentum internationally, specifically with Jews.



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join